The Book,

capt_buzzard

The Book,

Post by capt_buzzard »

Matthew ch 24 makes interesting reading?
capt_buzzard

The Book,

Post by capt_buzzard »

I was told that this Book, the Bible is a world's best seller. But nobody reads it anymore. It has no meaning for today's generation.
Tombstone

The Book,

Post by Tombstone »

Probably depends who you know. :)
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
capt_buzzard

The Book,

Post by capt_buzzard »

???
Tombstone

The Book,

Post by Tombstone »

capt_buzzard wrote: ???

Oh, I was referring to:

"But nobody reads it anymore. It has no meaning for today's generation."

Not always my experience.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
capt_buzzard

The Book,

Post by capt_buzzard »

Some guy's here just gave me bits to read. Matthew 24 stands out with a message for today.
illuminati

The Book,

Post by illuminati »

Yes, signs of the end of times.

This chapter is also referred to as the "Second Sermon on the Mount."

capt_buzzard wrote: Matthew ch 24 makes interesting reading?
illuminati

The Book,

Post by illuminati »

plazul wrote: Matthew is the oldest, and some say, the least embellished of the synoptic gospels. What interests you about it?.

That's correct.

Order of authorship:

Matthew, Luke, Mark, and John.

Earliest books were more to the point and written as a factual event by event account. Later books like Mark and John had more time that passed which shows in their reflective nature.
capt_buzzard

The Book,

Post by capt_buzzard »

Sorry Mate,

But I don't go along with this NDE. Its just me. i've seen the spirit or soul to some folk,leave a body at the point of death. I stayed with my friend Patrick,whom I mentioned on another tread. I stayed all night by his bedside. I seen a lot of death in my years,but I never experienced a friend dieing. When he took his last breath, it,a cloud like smoke moved slowly upwards from his body. No larger than a human head. It was light blue in colour. How I know this,is because the light was out by his bed. The nurses or doctor's did not expect him to die that night. His wife said afterwards that he must have waited for me. But I'll never forget that night.

But as far as NDE go, well I'm not into that. Most christian believer's have those experiences. The catholic church members see all kinds of things.
capt_buzzard

The Book,

Post by capt_buzzard »

Yes I on the mount of Olives,

I read a bit every day now, And its only since I came into the FG. Now I don't want any of that Bible School stuff. I'll read it at my own pace.
illuminati

The Book,

Post by illuminati »

You don't believe in NDE's? Although thousands of people who are credible have reported them? Many of these people went on to document things and events that they could not have possibly known about at the time.

I think you dismiss too many things too quickly.

You just told us below that ou saw a puff of smoke rise from your friend's body? What was that then? How could there possibly be a blue cloud of smoke? I read into it that his spirit left his body. If you believe in his spirit then you must believe in a soul. To accept one and not the other does not make sense to me.

capt_buzzard wrote: Sorry Mate,

But I don't go along with this NDE. Its just me. i've seen the spirit or soul to some folk,leave a body at the point of death. I stayed with my friend Patrick,whom I mentioned on another tread. I stayed all night by his bedside. I seen a lot of death in my years,but I never experienced a friend dieing. When he took his last breath, it,a cloud like smoke moved slowly upwards from his body. No larger than a human head. It was light blue in colour. How I know this,is because the light was out by his bed. The nurses or doctor's did not expect him to die that night. His wife said afterwards that he must have waited for me. But I'll never forget that night.

But as far as NDE go, well I'm not into that. Most christian believer's have those experiences. The catholic church members see all kinds of things.
capt_buzzard

The Book,

Post by capt_buzzard »

Spirit, yes where does soul come from?
capt_buzzard

The Book,

Post by capt_buzzard »

white/blue cloud I know what I seen. I told the nurse on duty and she called me aside and just said,it happens.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”