Max Clifford, RIP

spot

Max Clifford, RIP

Post by spot »

"Every day, every week, every month," he once proudly told the Oxford Union, "a lot of the lies that you see in the newspapers, in the magazines, on television, on the radio, are mine. "

Max Clifford obituary: The publicist who became notorious - BBC News

If anyone has a good word to say, here's a thread to do it in.

I can think of nothing he ever did that improved the nation in the slightest, and a whole load of things where he made it a damn sight worse. If there had been a British Prick of the Year award he'd have won it more often than anyone else.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
G#Gill

Max Clifford, RIP

Post by G#Gill »

He was just a rich self centred, nasty scumbag .
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Night Watchman

Max Clifford, RIP

Post by Night Watchman »

He touched a lot of people.
spot

Max Clifford, RIP

Post by spot »

Just for completeness I'll throw in this link to Jonathan King's website - King of Hits.co.uk - Max Clifford - Waxie Maxie.

It's as close to Jesus advocating the turning of the other cheek as I can think of.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Max Clifford, RIP

Post by spot »

And as a scrupulous follow-up, here's the Guardian's report of this week's inquest.

Max Clifford 'failed to take proper medication before death'

Prison doctor tells inquest jailed publicist ‘wasn’t taking correct doses, if at all’

Return to “Current Events”