Newbie is me:)

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
Minged

Post by Minged »

Hello there. I'm a newbie here hoping to gather some good advice and hoping to help others too. I'm looking forward to work well with you all.

Thank you.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Hi there, pleased you plucked up courage to post an intro after joining 6th March ! We're quite friendly here, mostly :wah: so you shouldn't have any trouble making friends - if that is what you want to do. :D
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Minged;1450639 wrote: Hello there. I'm a newbie here hoping to gather some good advice and hoping to help others too. I'm looking forward to work well with you all.

Thank you.

Hi there Ming ... Minge ... Minged. Does it rhyme with pinged? Here I'm afraid the gathering of good advice may be slim. Otherwise dive in and do your thing!

Welcome to FG!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
FG-administator

Post by FG-administator »

Minged 184.22.183.18 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]

Wilken 184.22.183.10 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]

Youlthad 184.22.183.10 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]

☎|||||||||||

Who has a spare two minutes a day to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

Your satisfactory is our goals
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

FG;1450664 wrote: Minged 184.22.183.18 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]

Wilken 184.22.183.10 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]

Youlthad 184.22.183.10 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]

Gotcha!
FG-administator

AnneBoleyn;1450712 wrote: Gotcha!I have yet to understand why these tossers do as they do, and I've been wondering for around eight years. I'm still totally baffled by them.

☎|||||||||||

AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

My first thought is to eventually try to sell something. My second thought is possibly insulting, so I'll pass.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

It's an insidious plot. They get logged into the forum, and then use the Personal message system to exchange information, flying under the noses of those esteemed organizations geared towards monitoring communications between misguided netizens.

Or at least that is how my next story will tell it.

I got the idea from Dan Brown
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
FG-administator

LarsMac;1450733 wrote: It's an insidious plot. They get logged into the forum, and then use the Personal message system to exchange information, flying under the noses of those esteemed organizations geared towards monitoring communications between misguided netizens.

I remember back in the mid-80s, when MUDs were available to people who'd invested in asymmetric 2400/75 baud dialup modems. It struck me at the time that the ideal meeting-place for an anonymous cell would be to have wizard rights, dial in at preset times and each use a transport spell to get to the centre of the maze where no eavesdroppers could monitor the cell's discussions; or, between meetings, scribe messages in the dust on the floor. Not that I was a member of any such organized unit then or since. Nor before.

☎|||||||||||

Bruv

Post by Bruv »

FG;1450735 wrote: I remember back in the mid-80s, when MUDs were available to people who'd invested in asymmetric 2400/75 baud dialup modems. It struck me at the time that the ideal meeting-place for an anonymous cell would be to have wizard rights, dial in at preset times and each use a transport spell to get to the centre of the maze where no eavesdroppers could monitor the cell's discussions; or, between meetings, scribe messages in the dust on the floor. Not that I was a member of any such organized unit then or since. Nor before.

I have nearly crashed Google today with your posts.

If I get it right, FG is being used as a clandestine meeting place for underhand multinational dealings of a nefarious nature?

Luvaduck!!!
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
FG-administator

Asymmetric?

Oh... MUD.

Amazing places, MUDs.

You are stood on a narrow road between The Land and whence you came. To the north and south are the small foothills of a pair of majestic mountains, with a large wall running round. To the west the road continues, where in the distance you can see a thatched cottage opposite an ancient cemetery.

They don't write them like that any more.

eta: That linked Essex MUD is the one I used to use because I could get to it at local call rates, not because I lived in Essex but because I could dial into UCL and access JANET.

☎|||||||||||

Bruv

Post by Bruv »

And that nearly broke Google..........wish I had never got involved..........and I thought I had a lot of time on my hands.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

LarsMac;1450733 wrote: It's an insidious plot. They get logged into the forum, and then use the Personal message system to exchange information, flying under the noses of those esteemed organizations geared towards monitoring communications between misguided netizens.

You think that's fiction? I delete the B'tards on sight but some still get through :-(

Return to “Introductions”