New To forum garden

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
vtamar

New To forum garden

Post by vtamar »

I am new to this forum. This forum covers many topics. I was searching for web desiging forum and came here. But This is really very good forum.
FourPart

New To forum garden

Post by FourPart »

Another newbie to this forum. Just visiting for now, but who knows?

As my nick suggests I am passionate about music - more in the practical participation side than listening. To this end I'm an active member of an SATB (Soprano, Alto Tenor Bass - 4 parts) Community Choir (New Music Makers). It should be noted, however, that contrary to the way that a lot of people think the term 'Choir' usually relates to Religion or High Brow stuff. Community SATBs are neither. Sure we do some religious stuff, but only to give an overall balance of variety. For instance, our current season of concerts (one on tonight as it happens) in include something from the Classical New World Symphony, Goin' Home (the 'Hovis' song - Men only), Can-Can, Cachucha (from G&S Gondoliers), but also includes such numbers as a couple of medleys from Westside Story (in which I have a couple of solos), Sister Act (Ladies Only), and Pinball Wizard, and many more.

I also play guitar, keyboard & clarinet, although none to any major level of proficiency.

I also like to write & arrange music, and have several originals published.

As with vtamar, I also do Web Design (although I must admit the modern programming languages have overtaken my level of comprehension somewhat & am now struggling with the basics of PHP). The choir's website is one of mine, where I handle all the IT side of things.

Return to “Introductions”