Hello Everyone!!

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
adamserisier

Hello Everyone!!

Post by adamserisier »

Myself Adam Serisier, Right now I am connected with Think Fencing. We provide supplies PVC fencing for all your fencing needs from homes to horses.

I am Pleased To Join Forum Garden

Thanks
Bruv

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Bruv »

Right.............Wot No Link ?

Welcome Adam.......................are you on commission ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Betty Boop

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Betty Boop »

Bruv;1487795 wrote: Right.............Wot No Link ?

Welcome Adam.......................are you on commission ?

I got a friend request😀
spot

Hello Everyone!!

Post by spot »

Think Fencing is, admittedly, Australian.

Adam is a French chap living in Poland. I wonder whether he knows his identity's been purloined.

https://db-ip.com/103.240.169.58

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqP7zJ ... uvg/videos
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Smaug

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Smaug »

spot;1487803 wrote: Think Fencing is, admittedly, Australian.

Adam is a French chap living in Poland. I wonder whether he knows his identity's been purloined.

https://db-ip.com/103.240.169.58

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqP7zJ ... uvg/videos

Not another gardener from India, surely?
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
spot

Hello Everyone!!

Post by spot »

Smaug;1487805 wrote: Not another gardener from India, surely?

A bit of an amalgam really. The avatar is of an author called David Mitchell.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Smaug

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Smaug »

Are there no lengths that folk will go to advertise their wares? This is a chat site, not an advertising forum! Banning-hammer time?
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
spot

Hello Everyone!!

Post by spot »

Lord no, I was hoping he'd come back into the thread. Why would anyone ban him.
Smaug

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Smaug »

Using an avatar that's actually a picture of an author, and advertising fencing. I thought that advertising was taboo?

Right now I am connected with Think Fencing. We provide supplies PVC fencing for all your fencing needs from homes to horses.
spot

Hello Everyone!!

Post by spot »

But this isn't a fencing thread, it's a spammer-discussing thread.

The more obvious we make it that Think Fencing in Australia employs spammers for SEO, the more likely it is that Google will blacklist their website. I'm all in favour of that.
Smaug

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Smaug »

AAHHhhh... Fair enough!
spot

Hello Everyone!!

Post by spot »

Maybe we can get someone on the web team at Think Fencing to discuss spam here too.

Hang on...

Think Fencing

PVC Fencing, Composite PVC Fencing, Horse PVC Fencing, Rural PVC Fencing, Residential PVC Fencing, Commercial PVC Fencing // Think Fencing // The Thoroughbred of PVC Fences

Need a PVC Fence/Composite Fence for home or horses? Our PVC Fences/Composite Fences are 100% Australian Made for Australian Conditions with a ...

2415 Portarlington-Queenscliff Rd, Portarlington VIC 3223, Australia +61 3 5259 2555

That's them.

sales@thinkfencing.com.au

"Dear Think Fencing Sales - you're being discussed at http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/intro ... ryone.html - I suggest you forward this email to your head of IT, he needs to know".
Smaug

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Smaug »

Don't do his job for him, Spot. Make him actually 'earn his corn'...!
spot

Hello Everyone!!

Post by spot »

Who? The original poster? He's not the villain.

The chap bankrolling the SEO at Think Fencing is the villain and like 99% of all villainous bankrollers he's going to say "oh! we outsourced our SEO changes to a chap who's done this without our consent!". Cock and bull, mate. Your rubbish SEO attempt hit our site because you paid for it to happen.

Here's another hit site... http://www.horseforum.com/members/195633/
Smaug

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Smaug »

Deniability. The name of the game....

Glad you're onto it, Spot. How did you find this out, BTW?
spot

Hello Everyone!!

Post by spot »

I red the OP?
Smaug

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Smaug »

I read it too (the OP), and it seemed to be an attempt at advertising. Still, I'm not a 'techie', and I probably missed something?

I note that he says he's connected to.....

Is that the clue here?
spot

Hello Everyone!!

Post by spot »

The clue is probably that he's posting from Calcutta and that he stole his identity off the Internet. A right-click image search is a simple check.
Smaug

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Smaug »

Thanks for that, Spot. I was nearly right about 'not another gardener from India'...!
LarsMac

Hello Everyone!!

Post by LarsMac »

Selling Vinyl Fencing should be enough to warrant a ban, in my book.

That stuff is laughable. A neighbor put up such a fence a couple of years ago. Last summer during our rather unbearable heat wave, the thing melted. It looked horrible.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Bruv »

Smaug;1487816 wrote: Deniability. The name of the game....

Glad you're onto it, Spot. How did you find this out, BTW?

He is a part time Detective..................bit like Colombo but with the looks of Magnum.

The IT bloke at Think Fencing might just be.......a one man Fencer that doesn't know much about raising ranking on the Internet and so trying to improve his advertising and the outlay he has made on the website has gone for a cheapo SEO in desperation.

I suspect the guy is at home logging the increase in ranking totally ignorant of the manner in which it has been achieved..........ignorance is not a crime.

(Why does SEO get a double underline and a question mark when hovered over?)
spot

Hello Everyone!!

Post by spot »

Bruv;1487824 wrote: (Why does SEO get a double underline and a question mark when hovered over?)
That'll be GCHQ.
Bruv

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Bruv »

Google Central ?
spot

Hello Everyone!!

Post by spot »

Sales at Think Fencing emailed back. "Not us", effectively. I think sales at Think Fencing really ought to check with their IT chap before trying to sound confident about that. We here have more experience of spam than you surf and barbie people do, that's a fair assumption.

Oh - adamserisier reported his own post last night too. His email account was hijacked, apparently. I'd love to know who he thinks his "my" refers to. The report was posted from Australia, which is impressive. We now have the one adamserisier ForumGarden account being used both from Calcutta and from Australia.

The adamserisier account was registered on ForumGarden from Calcutta.

The account made the opening post from Calcutta.

Then I emailed Think Fencing in Australia.

And then the adamserisier account logged in from Australia and said "someone is using my email for this account! Please delete immediately" - and the chap making this report clearly has the ForumGarden password for the Calcutta-registered account, without asking ForumGarden to forward it to him. And no, it doesn't get emailed out at the verification step.

Here's one of his other pages, maybe... Adam Serisier - "For more on legitimate ways to make money online". "Assured people who are comfortable with their sexuality can make an amazing income as a chat host model", apparently, though speaking just for myself I don't charge anything.

And another...

adamserisier's Profile

Date Registered: Tue, September 22, 2015

Message Count: 0 Messages(s) (0 average messages per day)

Show all messages by adamserisier

Last Visited: Tue, 22 September 2015 21:19

Interests: Travelling, Reading Books

Is that meant to be the email-account-hijacking Calcutta poster too? That's off Victoria Horses. If so, the Calcutta chappie knows a surprising amount about villages (pop. 3,580) in Australia.

I suggest the first step toward having this thread deleted is for everyone involved to post the unadorned truth here, I've heard none yet. The essential part is that ForumGarden was spammed, start there and discuss SEO techniques in the context of Calcutta.
Bruv

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Bruv »

I can give one scenario that might be near the truth.

Portarlington fencer outsources his website to the bloke he met over a few tinnies, the tinnies bloke passes the rank building to Calcutta, as the ranking rises, Fencer is keeping website bloke in tinnies.

Fence bloke gets passed FG password to show how much work the website man is doing, ie word mixture in that post, but realising the Indian guy has used his supplied email addy from website complains here.

Or they are all telling porkies/silly or shady characters.
spot

Hello Everyone!!

Post by spot »

From the tone of the "amazing income as a chat host model" my money's on a know-nothing 17 year old being handed the website passwords of the family business because he claims he's a leet haxor. Time will tell. ForumGarden was spammed so don't go thinking the Fencey people are victims in all this.
Saint_

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Saint_ »

Let's all email the company and tell the that we intend to tell ten people each that their company sucks in an effort to trash their name for spamming us.
spot

Hello Everyone!!

Post by spot »

I'd much rather they fixed what they've messed up. I'm trying to help Think Fencing though they might not recognize it.
Bruv

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Bruv »

To be fair....in the scale of things......it don't mean a thing.

Some struggling Australian fence fitter has a higher rank on Australian Google, nobody has been mugged or hurt or lost money. Indian Amit is feeding his family,fence guy can employ another labourer and we have the most vibrant topic for ages.

(Cue Spot telling us the worldwide cost of such behaviour)
Bruv

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Bruv »

I wonder if this has any connection to Talk Talk ?
Smaug

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Smaug »

Vibrant? Wake me up when its resolved.....
FourPart

Hello Everyone!!

Post by FourPart »

We could always put together a FaceBook posting deriding him as a spammer, claiming that Microsoft / FaceBook / CNN etc. have promised to pay 2c for each Like / Share.
Smaug

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Smaug »

FourPart;1488026 wrote: We could always put together a FaceBook posting deriding him as a spammer, claiming that Microsoft / FaceBook / CNN etc. have promised to pay 2c for each Like / Share.

Not a bad idea, FourPart! There's nothing like 'daylight', with a touch of ridicule to generate an impact.
spot

Hello Everyone!!

Post by spot »

The Calcutta user of the adamserisier account on ForumGarden - the spammer end, as opposed to the commissioning end of the SEO scheme - is trying to post again, deciding to make a little more cash while the account remains open...

Airline Deals - Cheap Flights - Airfarewatchdog

Cheap Flights with low cost, charter and other airlines: find cheap air tickets

Hecktic Travels – No possessions. No plans. Just travel.

Adventurous Kate | The Solo Female Travel Blog

Beers and Beans | Wander With Us.

I've taken the links out, you understand.

I wonder whether the Australian SEO part of Think Fencing will try to close the ForumGarden adamserisier account, at least, now that his Indian employee has gone rogue.
Smaug

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Smaug »

These damned 'spammers' are a pain in the ars£! Seems like a fair few of them are based in India.
spot

Hello Everyone!!

Post by spot »

Smaug;1488093 wrote: These damned 'spammers' are a pain in the ars£! Seems like a fair few of them are based in India.

The companies on whose behalf they advertise are never in India, they're invariably in the economically advanced world.

These companies pay their Indian contacts small amounts to place spam on discussion sites.

Why are you criticizing the ill-paid Indian contacts for making whatever hand-to-mouth living they can manage?

The creeps who are actually responsible are the Western paymasters, the people whose firms are being advertised this way.

I have a lot of sympathy for the people actually doing the work. They're putting a meal in front of their family as a result.
Smaug

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Smaug »

The spammers ARE a pain, but if you think I feel no sympathy for the poor Indian bloke slaving away to put food on his family table, you couldn't be more wrong. When it's a question of staying alive, you gotta do what you gotta do!

I agree with you regarding the other points entirely, Spot. We DO bring much of what we suffer upon ourselves (or rather, governments, industrialists, bankers and 'money-men' in general do!)
spot

Hello Everyone!!

Post by spot »

ForumGarden brings nothing upon itself. We are a discussion forum.

Commercial company SEOs paying subsistence spammers to put up adverts should be laughed out of business for their inept lack of skill and the reputational damage they do to their clients.

Next year, when half of Think Fencing's clients will have googled Think Fencing and red this thread, Think Fencing will discover its income has plummeted. Maybe next time they'll employ an SEO with genuine ability instead of a talentless huckster.
Smaug

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Smaug »

No, I didn't mean Forum Garden bringing things upon itself!:wah:

I was talking about Western nations in general.

Next year, when half of Think Fencing's clients will have googled Think Fencing and red this thread, Think Fencing will discover its income has plummeted. Maybe next time they'll employ an SEO with genuine ability instead of a talentless huckster.

Would that be the same one trying to feed his family?
spot

Hello Everyone!!

Post by spot »

Smaug;1488110 wrote: No, I didn't mean Forum Garden bringing things upon itself!:wah:

I was talking about Western nations in general.

I rather like what we in the civilized Western world have done over the last hundred years. We've destroyed the landed aristocracy, we've established working long-term welfare and health care for all, we've established an irreversible basis for universal suffrage and human rights, all it's cost us has been the dead of two world wars. And we've done it not because they fought foreigners, but because the survivors, civilian and conscripts, could no longer stand the smug upper-class profiteering capitalist bastards who took the nations to war in the first place.

I exclude the USA from all this, obviously.
Smaug

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Smaug »

spot;1488111 wrote: I rather like what we in the civilized Western world have done over the last hundred years. We've destroyed the landed aristocracy, we've established working long-term welfare and health care for all, we've established an irreversible basis for universal suffrage and human rights, all it's cost us has been the dead of two world wars. And we've done it not because they fought foreigners, but because the survivors, civilian and conscripts, could no longer stand the smug upper-class bastards who took the nations to war in the first place.

I exclude the USA from all this, obviously.

Not too many million ordinary lives put through the 'sausage machine', then! Having said that, Pagans have a saying that the blood sacrifice works stronger magic....And it's perfectly fair and true to say that we have achieved much in the last century, or so. What we need to be watchful for is that we don't throw it all away by regressing into oppression and tyranny.
spot

Hello Everyone!!

Post by spot »

Smaug;1488110 wrote: Would that be the same one trying to feed his family?No, it would be the Australian logging into ForumGarden with a Telstra IP address on the adamserisier account. The one trying to feed his family is in Calcutta.
Smaug

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Smaug »

spot;1488118 wrote: No, it would be the Australian logging into ForumGarden with a Telstra IP address on the adamserisier account. The one trying to feed his family is in Calcutta.

Thanks for the clarification. I did wonder who you were referring to.
spot

Hello Everyone!!

Post by spot »

Smaug;1488114 wrote: Not too many million ordinary lives put through the 'sausage machine', then!What the country learned from those two world wars is that going along with being conscripted, and not conscientiously objecting, placed the fault for what happened to them squarely on their own shoulders. And you can take that as yet another red poppy burned if you insist. Saying no to something that was plain wrong was their personal responsibility and they funked it.

Going to war the first time was wrong, and going to war the second time was even more so since they now had a perfect example of how wrong it was.

And as for the ones who've continued to join up ever since, the same applies.

I blame the newspapers, myself.
Snowfire

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Snowfire »

spot;1488120 wrote: What the country learned from those two world wars is that going along with being conscripted, and not conscientiously objecting, placed the fault for what happened to them squarely on their own shoulders. And you can take that as yet another red poppy burned if you insist. Saying no to something that was plain wrong was their personal responsibility and they funked it.

Going to war the first time was wrong, and going to war the second time was even more so since they now had a perfect example of how wrong it was.

Problem with that sentiment is, you insist on too much intellectual responsibilty where there is none. Oh that our comprehensive education were that efficient. They after all, simple, nieve teenagers with acne and balls ache. The average grunt on the ground, and I include myself as a former one, doesn't altogether have the intellectual capacity to offer that much judgement. They see it as an opportunity to gain employment and/or a trade and when a war comes along they've been immersed in the soldiering rather than browsing through the editorials of the broadsheets. The rest of the media will offer little reason why the average soldier should resist going to war. They become insitutionalised to a degree and trained to ask "how high ?" when told to jump. It's what saves their lives.

It's only since I've grown a bit and read a bit that I could safely make that stand on whether it would be right or wrong to fight or object.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
spot

Hello Everyone!!

Post by spot »

I'm very aware that I speak from a position of complete ignorance, never having been anywhere near such circumstances, and I did think as I was writing that I would be more than happy to defer to your better understanding.
Smaug

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Smaug »

spot;1488120 wrote: What the country learned from those two world wars is that going along with being conscripted, and not conscientiously objecting, placed the fault for what happened to them squarely on their own shoulders. And you can take that as yet another red poppy burned if you insist. Saying no to something that was plain wrong was their personal responsibility and they funked it.

I can go along with your viewpoint regarding WW1, but not WW2. If we hadn't fought Naziism in WW2, we would all be saying "Seig Heil" right now, Spot! Then where would all the hard-won progress be? It takes but one foe to start a war, and those that don't carry guns can still be shot by those that do!

Your post spits upon the brave souls who gave their lives to give YOU freedom of choice, and the life you live today. I must be totally honest, and say that I find your attitude loathsome, and utterly reprehensible in regard to this. Maybe you should find a fascist dictatorship (or it's equivalent) and try living there for a while BEFORE you criticize the selfless people that died for ungrateful people such as yourself.

My Grandfather fought in WW2 to keep this country free of the perverted oppression of Naziism! And I am more than happy to 'take up the cudgel' with you on his behalf, and on behalf of all who died defending us. Though my Grandfather survived, my Father lost 2 uncles in this conflict.

Take a good, long, hard look at what the Nazis did to millions of innocents BEFORE you condemn those that resisted them!!!!
spot

Hello Everyone!!

Post by spot »

For the record, I can't think of any European country in the last five hundred years that ended up speaking the language of the occupying power. I think Wales was the most recent. Do please tell me if I'm mistaken.

I also doubt that the UK's entry into World War Two changed the outcome, or that the UK would have been invaded by the Axis forces. The Third Reich had no reason whatever to invade a non-belligerent UK. The European war of the 1940s was between the expansionist Germany and the defensive Soviet Union, just as the Asian war of the 1940s was between the expansionist USA and defensive Japan.

I agree entirely that today's society is a consequence of World War Two. The youth of the fifties turned their back on the war generation, and we're the product.

If you want to add an epithet to bigot, I suggest you try Jingoist.
Smaug

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Smaug »

spot;1488126 wrote: For the record, I can't think of any European country in the last five hundred years that ended up speaking the language of the occupying power. I think Wales was the most recent. Do please tell me if I'm mistaken.

I also doubt that the UK's entry into World War Two changed the outcome, or that the UK would have been invaded by the Axis forces. The Third Reich had no reason whatever to invade a non-belligerent UK.

I agree entirely that today's society is a consequence of World War Two. The youth of the fifties turned their back on the war generation, and we're the product.

I also doubt that the UK's entry into World War Two changed the outcome, or that the UK would have been invaded by the Axis forces. The Third Reich had no reason whatever to invade a non-belligerent UK.

I think that you know very well that Hitler was hell-bent on grabbing as much territory as possible,so don't give me that ballocks!

And what a degenerate, pathetic, mewling, alcohol-soaked, down-trodden, second class, put-upon society we have become as a consequence!

I have been 'guest reading' this site for many years now and the post you wrote regarding "and you can consider that another red poppy burnt" has to be the worst, and most offensive I have personally come across in all that time. I find you by turns a disdainful, arrogant, naive, self-important, dismissive know-all, but then, that's only my opinion; others may differ.

Do you feel proud of yourself, Spot? Maybe you should, after all, you've made me angrier today than anyone has in the last couple of years!

As I said in an earlier post, save your insults for someone who cares. I will merely wipe it off my boot, as I would you if I was unlucky enough to stand on (in?) you ....
Bruv

Hello Everyone!!

Post by Bruv »

spot;1488123 wrote: I'm very aware that I speak from a position of complete ignorance, never having been anywhere near such circumstances, and I did think as I was writing that I would be more than happy to defer to your better understanding.

What a way this thread has come from some bloke in Calcutta 'placing' some Aussie fencer's website a infinitesimal degree up Australian Google ranking temporarily?

Can I act as mediator here ?

Split Fence Guy thread from WW11 thread, change that thread title to "Spot's idealistic dream of the world" and split them........this thread is giving Black Hat SEO a good name.

Return to “Introductions”