Photo Journals. A crazy idea? Or, who's interested?

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Hi Friends,

I was wondering: Who owns a cell phone with a camera built in? Who owns a digital camera?

What do you all think about establishing "Journals" here on FG and sharing your photos there?

The other thought is that we can create photo-pals and send impromptu photos to the list of people who want to participate.

I purchased my first cell phone w/built-in digital camera several months ago. The photos don't look very good, but I enjoy taking quick snapshots and sending to friends. I also really enjoy receiving same from my friends. It gives you a quick view of what they are doing at that moment or what they are seeing right then.

This thread should probably be in the "new request forum" area, but I thought I would float it here first. Maybe we could make the new area password protected and only those who share and care would have access.

Thoughts? Thanks for thinking about this!
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

I own a cell phone and I hardly use it. Nokia 35 101
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

I doubt those kind of photos would have a place here. :-3 I'm thinking of daily life events, sunsets, area shots, etc.

plazul wrote: I don't own a photo phone but some people might like to use it to supplement their posts.

Two women in my town were photographed with one of those at a gym in their panty hose. The pictures wound up on the Internet. Pros and cons, I guess.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Yeah, and family & friends at holiday time. But not the other stuff. No way man.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

I'm going to see if the FG folks can put together a Journal area. I think it would be fun. I'm going to keep a "journal" - but I'll probably keep it fairly private and anonymous until I see how it goes.

Well, off to cook dinner. Just got back from the store. Doing:

Southwest Chicken Stuffed Potatos

Garlic Mashed Potatos

Corn on the cob

Salad

Why all the potato dishes? My wife loves potatos and I promised! :) Besides, living in Idaho, we have the great big Idaho spuds, so it's nice.

Here are a couple of shots I took 45 minutes ago driving home...from my crummy little phone camera - through the windshield. Battling the crush of traffic. :D

Attached files
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

hmmm I don't have one of those photo phones or whatever they are called. As I said before,I have a mobile,but its hardly ever used,only when one of us (my wife or I) take a trip in the country.But I do have a Monolta camera for family snaps ect.

Yes I like your idea Tombstone, I'll see a bit more of the states too. :-6
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Hi Everyone,

And, to make it clear, any camera will do. I was just thinking first of the cell camera phones because the shots can be so spontaneous.

By the way, I won't be around too much for the next couple of days. My parents are coming up to visit. Staying with us for a week. I promise to try to catch up - if I can!

Return to “Introductions”