Rapper heads to court

spot

Rapper heads to court

Post by spot »

Well, he's a rapper. Stands to reason.

What do we have so far as the news dribbles out.

He lists Fight Club on his Facebook page, has a prior arrest for violence and another for a drug-related matter.

He knifed an unarmed 16 year old to death outside school on Long Island at the start of the week with fifty classmates filming on their cellphones. That's a stack of filmed record of the event by the sound of it.

And he's a rapper and he's pleading not guilty, the way they do.

I wonder what he listened to while he was growing up.

There's a pattern here, BabyTy. People who soak their heads in violent lyrics for years end up using a knife because it comes naturally to them.

Finn Elder rapped too, if I recall.

What a waste of a generation. The "film it but don't interfere" generation.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Rapper heads to court

Post by spot »

"Tyler strongly maintains his innocence and he took the responsible step of self-surrendering to eventually clear his name," his attorney, Edward Sapone, told Newsday. "At the appropriate time, we will release vital information about what happened that’s not captured on video and that completely changes this case. Until then, we ask the community to reserve judgment and pray for those who are suffering.”

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmatter ... K5wlrG2Cw/

It says a lot about attorneys at least. I don't think there has ever been one who gave an honest statement when talking to a reporter.

The other view is a bit earlier...

Lt. Fitzpatrick said that police have viewed footage from the scene, and said that 18-year-old Tyler Flach was “absolutely” the person who fatally stabbed Morris, Newsday reported.

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

Rapper heads to court

Post by magentaflame »

i remember talking to a very jovial barrister before and after a court case . I still remember he couldn't wait to get outside to the reporters . He called it "feeding the chickens"

but besides all that . youve really got it in for rappers lately havent you? lol
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Rapper heads to court

Post by spot »

magentaflame;1525413 wrote: but besides all that . youve really got it in for rappers lately havent you? lol

Who wouldn't be. They are a tidal inundation of sewage and directly responsible for half the diseases of the young, mental and physical.
spot

Rapper heads to court

Post by spot »

“Tyler Flach was in my … class in my first semester at NCC,” Richard Tarangelo wrote on Twitter after the arrest. “He was the exact type of person you would think he is. His existence has only tormented others and now he has taken the life of a 16-year-old.”

Flach was in a rap video that was posted on YouTube last month under the name BabyTy called “When the Trap Call,” which was shot in parts of the North Park area, near the Long Beach MLK Center and on Pine Street. It features Flach performing backed by a large group of teens and young adults.

Police, however, said that Flach lives on Greenway Road in Lido. “He’s an upper-middle-class, bottle-fed brat,” another former high school classmate said of Flach. “He got himself into trouble for literally no reason and all it gained him was attention and more problems.”

“I’m pretty sure he was just trying to [represent] what he was rapping about and surrounding himself with those people,” Flach’s friend added.

http://liherald.com/stories/police-flac ... ing,118428

I have no idea what "Newsday reported Tuesday that a grand jury indicted Flach and that the charges would remain sealed until he is arraigned" means but that's also reported. I assume he's very much behind bars still.
spot

Rapper heads to court

Post by spot »

As, now, are his associates.

Nassau Police Commissioner Patrick Ryder announced Saturday that 19-year-old Haakim Mechan, 18-year-old Marquis Stephens Jr., 18-year-old Javonte Neals, 17-year-old Taj Woodruff, 17-year-old Sean Merritt, and two 16-year-old male juveniles were arrested for the fatal stabbing of Khaseen Morris. All suspects were charged with gang assault, and the named five are being charged as adults. The juveniles have not been identified.

“These seven subjects were active participants in the attack on Khaseen Morris and his friends,” said Nassau County Detective Lt. Stephen Fitzpatrick at the Sept. 28 press conference according to ABC News. “Physically beating, physically hitting people, throwing them to the ground, each one of them had an active role.”

The 16-year-old was fatally stabbed outside a pizzeria in Oceanside, New York after school on Sept. 16. Khaseen was ordered to be there by other students. The teen was reportedly seen with another boy’s girlfriend, which police said led to the scuffle. Up to seven teens then beat up the Oceanside High School senior. Most notably, the incident was recorded by some 60 teenage onlookers, who then posted the incident on Snapchat.

“Kids stood here and didn’t help Khaseen,” Fitzpatrick told reporters at the time following the incident. “They’d rather video. They videoed his death instead of helping him.”

https://atlantablackstar.com/2019/10/01 ... land-teen/

It's shoddy behavior, recording a murder. And it's also shoddy behavior piling in on a defenceless victim that way. I'm not impressed.
spot

Re: Rapper heads to court

Post by spot »

Would someone try googling the court case and how it's progressed, please? It strikes me there has so far been no court appearance of anyone involved, presumably there's an embargo on reporting. I'd not be surprised if this was common practice, but the events happened over two years ago. Are the plaintiffs bailed or remanded, for instance? Are they rich, white and represented?
spot

Post by spot »

I can't get to Newsday's website, it's subscription-locked. This is all I can see.
Jury selection begins in Tyler Flach's murder trial

A grand jury indicted Flach, 21, on charges including second-degree murder and felony gang assault after a 2019 after-school brawl in Oceanside that ended the life of 16-year-old Oceanside High School senior Khaseen Morris.
How on earth does it take three years to bring a case like this to a jury?

I'm again puzzled that this seems to be the only news item. There does seem to be a total news embargo on the chap, though I note that he "is jailed while awaiting trial". Nobody pretends he hasn't been a danger to society despite YouTube promos like "Suspect In Teen's Murder Says He's Innocent". I'm pleased white rich privilege didn't extend to his being allowed out on bail.

The 7 charged after the murder with gang assault had an earlier Newsday-only report in February:
3 plead guilty to gang assault after Oceanside stabbing of ...
https://www.newsday.com › Long Island › Crime
1 Feb 2022 — Javonte Neals, Sean Merritt and Marquis Stephens Jr., all 20, ... Defendants Haakim Mechan, 21, Taj Woodruff, 19, and two other defendants
and the three pleading guilty ended up with a year in jail each https://www.liherald.com/oceanside/stor ... ath,140051
spot

Post by spot »

Newsday is still the only news source I can see reporting this trial, I've no idea why.

The defense is quite contrary to the prosecution, and there's a stack of video evidence that will be shown to establish credibility for one side or the other.
During his 30-minute opening statement, Flach’s defense attorney Edward Sapone told the jurors that Flach had been holding a knife in his hand when he punched Morris during the brawl — but he did not intend to kill the Oceanside student

“One punch goes awry,” Sapone told the jury, “and tragically pierces the heart.”

Sapone told the jury that Flach stabbed Morris once, not three times as the prosecution said, and suggested that Morris died eight hours later from injuries to his heart caused by medical intervention. Morris’ T-shirt, Sapone said, had just one hole in it.

https://www.newsday.com/long-island/cri ... s-wo7p79nm
A rather long shot, you'd think, saying death was due to medical intervention on a stab wound in the heart.
spot

Post by spot »

Guilty on all charges following grotesque defense excuses, sentencing in six weeks.

I'm surprised at how slowly American justice proceeds against violence-conditioned rap wannabees. One wonders whether this one's parents decided long ago that their son was the victim in all this, like Finnegan Elder's.

Tyler Flach has been convicted of all charges against him, including second-degree murder, in the stabbing death of 16-year-old Khaseen Morris.

Morris was killed in a September 2019 brawl outside a strip mall in Oceanside. The deadly brawl was caught on camera.

Flach had also been charged with first-degree gang assault and misdemeanor weapon and assault charges.

Flach's lawyers did not deny he dealt the deadly blow, but they argued he did not intend to kill Morris.

Flach, who is now 21 years old, has been in prison for three years. Flach faces 25 years to life in prison when he is sentenced on Dec. 14.

Morris’ family tells News 12 they are overjoyed and called it a "good day" because they got justice.

https://bronx.news12.com/tyler-flach-co ... th-of-teen
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

IMO, the kid got far more attention than he deserved.
I hope he enjoyed it. The next 15 to 25 years of his life will be wasted resources.
And, "appearing in a Rap flick" hardly makes him a "Rapper"

Just another lost soul.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

He would have been unheard of except for the 50 schoolchildren recording the murder on their phones without one of them trying to prevent it. They should have their pocket money stopped. Or, as the old-time preacher would have expressed it, "Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?".
spot

Post by spot »

Today is when sentencing was deferred to after the lad's family ditched his original defence team and hired a new one. His original defence team was a significant factor in why the entire planet detests the killer, as far as I can see. They gloated and lied and interfered and generally tried hard to mess things up from their first press interview onward. I don't remember hearing of a more disgusting presentation since Robert Kardashian invented the approach.

The new team has a stepladder of applications, from forgetting the whole thing to saying it wasn't as bad as the jury made out to saying they'd like the judge to go easy. Goodness knows why.

Newsday's article this morning:
Flach’s new defense team, hired shortly before he was scheduled to be sentenced in December, is expected to file a motion on Monday asking acting Supreme Court Justice Howard Sturim to vacate the jury’s verdict of second-degree murder, Samantha Chorny, one of Flach’s new lawyers, told Newsday last week.

Defense attorneys said they would also ask the judge to reduce the murder charge to manslaughter if he rejects arguments to dismiss the top count, she said.

Sturim could postpone a decision in order to give the Nassau County District Attorney’s Office time to respond to the defense motion, Chorny said. Sturim also may reject the motion and immediately impose a sentence on Flach.

“Either way, he is going to do some time,” said Chorny, an associate of the Rosenberg Law Firm of Brooklyn, hired late last year to represent Flach for sentencing and appeals. “It is a terrible thing that happened, but we don’t think that Tyler should spend his life in jail.”

https://www.newsday.com/long-island/cri ... s-ru6uccyw
spot

Post by spot »

The sentencing for Tyler Flach in the fatal stabbing of a teenager has been delayed again.
Flach was supposed to be sentenced in December for the 2019 murder of 16-year-old Khaseen Morris, which happened during an after-school fight in Oceanside. That sentencing was delayed when Flach's lawyers worked to vacate the verdict.
Flach was convicted on all four counts against him, including second-degree murder, in November.
The charge carries a prison sentence of 25 years to life.
Flach is now expected to be sentenced at the end of February.

https://bronx.news12.com/sentencing-del ... conviction
spot

Post by spot »

I was unaware that defendants were allowed to interject during sentencing. Clearly I've never watched an American court in action.
"As I see it, you were trying to impress people on your side of stupidity," the judge started.

"We were kids! We were kids! It was an accident," Flach interrupted.

https://abc7ny.com/tyler-flach-sentenci ... /12892605/

Still in denial even as he gets a 25-years-to-life sentence passed down.

Perhaps he was rapping it.

Return to “Crimes Trials”