Man Slips Pregnant Girlfriend Abortion Drug

RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Man Charged With Murder for Slipping Abortion Drug to Girlfriend to Cause Miscarriages

Thursday, November 29, 2007

APPLETON, Wis. — A married man has been charged with murder for slipping his girlfriend a drug that authorities say caused her to miscarry twice.

Manishkumar M. Patel, 34, of Appleton, was charged Thursday afternoon with first-degree murder of an unborn child, second-degree recklessly endangering safety, placing foreign objects in edibles, possession with intent to deliver prescriptions, stalking, burglary, possession of burglary tools, and two counts of violating a restraining order.

The woman already had a 3-year-old child with Patel, who was married to someone else, Outagamie County sheriff's Capt. Michael Jobe said at a news conference. She became pregnant two more times, but miscarried in December and September, he said.

Apparently suspecting she had been slipped mifespristone, the abortion pill also known as RU-486, the woman had a blood sample sent to a California lab for analysis, Jobe said. When it tested positive for the drug, she approached the sheriff's department Nov. 1. Patel was arrested Wednesday.

He had been living in a house owned by the woman, Jobe said. It wasn't clear where his wife was.

Sheriff's investigators said Patel admitted putting the drug in something the woman consumed without her knowledge. Jobe didn't say how she ingested the drug.

Wisconsin is one of 36 states with a "fetal homicide" law, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Under the 1998 law, anyone who attacks a pregnant woman and injures or kills her fetus could face life in prison.

The law was passed after Tracy Scheide of Milwaukee accused her husband, Glenndale Black, of beating her in 1992 when she was nine months pregnant. Her baby was stillborn.

A jury convicted Black of reckless injury and false imprisonment but acquitted him of violating an old anti-abortion law against causing the death of a fetus.

Black was sentenced to 12 years in prison. Scheide divorced him and lobbied to get the bill passed.
drumbunny1

Post by drumbunny1 »

It never ceases to amaze (or disgust) me what people do to each other! Thats just sick! I wanna know how the hell he got ahold of that drug? I was under the impression that when you took it you had to be in a hospital or clinic...and had to stay for supervision...maybe I'm wrong...
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I don't know Bunny, but I wouldn't be surprised if he bought it off the street. I think you can get anything for the right price. I also think 12 years is too little.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Jeeez thats sick!
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

very sick
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
crazygal

Post by crazygal »

OMG that is sick! Poor poor woman. Mind you women should get the same who have abortion by causing death of an unborn child.
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

RedGlitter;728817 wrote: Man Charged With Murder for Slipping Abortion Drug to Girlfriend to Cause Miscarriages

Thursday, November 29, 2007

APPLETON, Wis. — A married man has been charged with murder for slipping his girlfriend a drug that authorities say caused her to miscarry twice.

Manishkumar M. Patel, 34, of Appleton, was charged Thursday afternoon with first-degree murder of an unborn child, second-degree recklessly endangering safety, placing foreign objects in edibles, possession with intent to deliver prescriptions, stalking, burglary, possession of burglary tools, and two counts of violating a restraining order.

The woman already had a 3-year-old child with Patel, who was married to someone else, Outagamie County sheriff's Capt. Michael Jobe said at a news conference. She became pregnant two more times, but miscarried in December and September, he said.

Apparently suspecting she had been slipped mifespristone, the abortion pill also known as RU-486, the woman had a blood sample sent to a California lab for analysis, Jobe said. When it tested positive for the drug, she approached the sheriff's department Nov. 1. Patel was arrested Wednesday.

He had been living in a house owned by the woman, Jobe said. It wasn't clear where his wife was.

Sheriff's investigators said Patel admitted putting the drug in something the woman consumed without her knowledge. Jobe didn't say how she ingested the drug.

Wisconsin is one of 36 states with a "fetal homicide" law, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Under the 1998 law, anyone who attacks a pregnant woman and injures or kills her fetus could face life in prison.

The law was passed after Tracy Scheide of Milwaukee accused her husband, Glenndale Black, of beating her in 1992 when she was nine months pregnant. Her baby was stillborn.

A jury convicted Black of reckless injury and false imprisonment but acquitted him of violating an old anti-abortion law against causing the death of a fetus.

Black was sentenced to 12 years in prison. Scheide divorced him and lobbied to get the bill passed.

How dare he do that!! :mad: Thats just disgusting :mad:

Return to “Crimes Trials”