Bad to the Bone!

RedGlitter

Bad to the Bone!

Post by RedGlitter »

Hamster Horror: Boy Tortured Pet to Death

Thursday, December 06, 2007

A 15-year-old boy has admitted causing unnecessary suffering to a hamster after freezing it, tumble-drying it and then putting it in a washing machine.

The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, pleaded guilty at Harrogate Youth Court.

Youth magistrates banned him from keeping animals for four years and passed a 12-month supervision order.

"What this boy did was horrendous," said RSPCA inspector Mike Pugh.

He explained that it took over half an hour for the hamster, named Poppy, to die.

After first being put in a freezer then heated in a revolving drum, it finally drowned in the washing machine.

Pugh said the animal "suffered severe pain and mental stress" and a post-mortem showed it had lesions on its feet and torn claws.

The vet concluded these were most likely caused by frostbite, trying to climb out of the freezer or hang on to the inside of the dryer drum. She died of severe respiratory or cardiovascular damage.

Poppy's owner called the RSPCA after finding the pet in the bin.

"The teenager was one of several who were guests at the owner's house," said Pugh. "The owner had been out for the evening and came home to find the evidence of what happened. There were droppings in the freezer and the tumble-dryer."

"Poppy was bought as a gift for the owner's daughter, who was obviously distraught.

"This was an act of senseless cruelty against a defenseless animal."

:-1:-1:mad::mad:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some FGers have gotten on me for believing people can be born bad. That they have an evil streak. Well, here's what I'm talking about. I know someone's going to come along and start going off about the kid was probably neglected and it's not his fault and how we need to rehabilitate him or understand him and he's just a kid and "hey, it's "just" an animal after all" but I don't care. I would have no problem putting this kid to death. Someone like that doesn't deserve to live in society. This piece of news has upset me greatly.
abbey

Bad to the Bone!

Post by abbey »

:-1 Words fail me.
Chezzie

Bad to the Bone!

Post by Chezzie »

abbey;735849 wrote: :-1 Words fail me.

Im sorry, I couldnt bear to read past the first line.........Words fail me, my actions if I ever caught the little git wouldnt fail.
SuzyB

Bad to the Bone!

Post by SuzyB »

The child is sick and disturbed, but I couldn't/wouldn't want to see a child die for the action.
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

LilacDragon

Bad to the Bone!

Post by LilacDragon »

I certainly hope this child is given the psychological help that he needs. Studies show that animal abuse leads to human abuse. Almost every serial killer in the last century that has been studied started out just like this.
Sandi

Nomad

Bad to the Bone!

Post by Nomad »

LilacDragon;735874 wrote: I certainly hope this child is given the psychological help that he needs. Studies show that animal abuse leads to human abuse. Almost every serial killer in the last century that has been studied started out just like this.

Screw him. I care more about the hamster.
I AM AWESOME MAN
cars

Bad to the Bone!

Post by cars »

Putting this kid to death, would be rather harsh! Instead, they should put him in the freezer for an hour, then the dryer for an hour, & finally the washing machine for a hour! (clothes optional)
Cars :)
Chezzie

Bad to the Bone!

Post by Chezzie »

I dont want to read what he did to the animal so can someone just tell me whats happening to the kid, are they planning to execute him???
RedGlitter

Bad to the Bone!

Post by RedGlitter »

Sadly no.

This is all they're doing:

Youth magistrates banned him from keeping animals for four years and passed a 12-month supervision order.
Carolly

Bad to the Bone!

Post by Carolly »

THE NO GOOD BASTARD!!!4 bleedin years.........that toerag should never be allowed to have animals around him..........ever.Let me tell you something.Without going into details here I had a real crap childhood and also to this day dont know the name of my father.Anyway did it turn me into some sort of monster.........hopefully not.I try to be a caring person although like all of us I have made many mistakes. I have 9 dogs and other animals and admit to being animal mad. Tell yer..........let me get me hands on the bastard.......I will show him what us Eastenders do to people who hurt animals just for the joy of it and to be without his manhood would be no fun for the slimeball.Gawd Im annoyed!!!!!!
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Kathy Ellen

Bad to the Bone!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

That is a frightening story Red....That child is one sick puppy and hope he gets help soon otherwise he'll be putting another person in the dryer.
Chezzie

Bad to the Bone!

Post by Chezzie »

RedGlitter;736179 wrote: Sadly no.

This is all they're doing:

Oh I dont believe in eye for an eye personally hun, Just couldnt read it and read other peoples posts and didnt know what country he was from or anything.

He needs help and a life ban on ever owning animals.
Sheryl

Bad to the Bone!

Post by Sheryl »

Carolly;736190 wrote: THE NO GOOD BASTARD!!!4 bleedin years.........that toerag should never be allowed to have animals around him..........ever.Let me tell you something.Without going into details here I had a real crap childhood and also to this day dont know the name of my father.Anyway did it turn me into some sort of monster.........hopefully not.I try to be a caring person although like all of us I have made many mistakes. I have 9 dogs and other animals and admit to being animal mad. Tell yer..........let me get me hands on the bastard.......I will show him what us Eastenders do to people who hurt animals just for the joy of it and to be without his manhood would be no fun for the slimeball.Gawd Im annoyed!!!!!!

I'm the same. I had a crappy childhood, but I've never been cruel to an animal. I read this news article the other day, and my first thoughts was geez this kid is a spoiled brat who needs a good spanking. But I like cars's idea better.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Snooze

Bad to the Bone!

Post by Snooze »

The abuse is bad enough but the little ****er was a guest in someone's home. That makes it twice as bad, in my eyes.
lemon_and_mint

Bad to the Bone!

Post by lemon_and_mint »

if you could study the kid for a while, and get him to explain why this gives him pleasure, you might be able to solve crimes such as bullying, tormenting animals, maybe even domestic abuse, by inhibiting whatever it is.(maybe with a drug)
librtyhead

Bad to the Bone!

Post by librtyhead »

When I was in 6th grade I dissected a frog alive. It was at a science fair @ St. John the Babtist (I went to Catholic school) I created a heart monitor that was directly attached to the frogs beating heart and recorded the heartbeat on a roll of toilet paper. Nobody knew I was doing this until I unveiled it at the fair. It was quite the scene as the priest and Bishop requested my parents to see a doctor. For 3 months they had me drawing pictures of my family and what I thought of life in general........................I could not understand what all the fuss was about as I had scrambled the frogs frontal lobe with a pin. But I never did it again and moved on to raising snapping turtles and feeding them salamanders and earthworms.
cars

Bad to the Bone!

Post by cars »

librtyhead;736397 wrote: When I was in 6th grade I dissected a frog alive. It was at a science fair @ St. John the Babtist (I went to Catholic school) I created a heart monitor that was directly attached to the frogs beating heart and recorded the heartbeat on a roll of toilet paper. Nobody knew I was doing this until I unveiled it at the fair. It was quite the scene as the priest and Bishop requested my parents to see a doctor. For 3 months they had me drawing pictures of my family and what I thought of life in general........................I could not understand what all the fuss was about as I had scrambled the frogs frontal lobe with a pin. But I never did it again and moved on to raising snapping turtles and feeding them salamanders and earthworms.

Another science project, a friend did the project.

He took a frog & said jump, & it jumped about 3 feet.

Then he cut off one of the frog's legs, & said jump, & it jumped 2-1/2 feet.

Then he cut off another leg, & said jump, & the frog jumped 2 feet.

Then he cut off the third leg & said jump, & the frog jumped 1-1/2 feet.

Then he cut off the last leg, & said jump, & the frog didn't move!!!

>

>

>

The conclusion of his project was: If you cut off all the frog's legs, it goes deaf!!! :p:D
Chezzie

Bad to the Bone!

Post by Chezzie »

cars;736462 wrote: Another science project, a friend did the project.

He took a frog & said jump, & it jumped about 3 feet.

Then he cut off one of the frog's legs, & said jump, & it jumped 2-1/2 feet.

Then he cut off another leg, & said jump, & the frog jumped 2 feet.

Then he cut off the third leg & said jump, & the frog jumped 1-1/2 feet.

Then he cut off the last leg, & said jump, & the frog didn't move!!!

>

>

>

The conclusion of his project was: If you cut off all the frog's legs, it goes deaf!!! :p:D

:wah::wah: I feel bad for laughing but I yer just kiddin.....aint ya lol?????:thinking:
kazalala

Bad to the Bone!

Post by kazalala »

There is obviously something seriously wrong with that kid:thinking: I still couldnt bring myself to kill him. but thats just my nature i suppose. But i do think he deserves a sterner punishment.

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
G#Gill

Bad to the Bone!

Post by G#Gill »

What I really would like to say about this youth would only get me banned.

He is obviously a little monster. He obviously needs psychiatric help. But firstly he needs to be shown how it must have felt for that poor little animal.

As the last suggestion would never happen, there is nothing more I can say except that in human terms that terrible torture would probably have lasted about a couple or so days.

Unfortunately there are many instances of terrible cruelty perpetrated by child monsters, one year supervision order and a four year ban on owning an animal of any kind is taking the p**s. There needs to be in place severe punishment for such terrible behaviour, in order to deter others following the same monstrous path.

Dare I suggest caning from age 10 to 14 years, and the birch from age 15 to 18 years - all under strict medical supervision of course. For the benefit of those who abhor corporal punishment, think on - pain they understand and fear, the other ways they just laugh at, and it hasn't worked ----- has it. (that is not a question that is a fact).
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
cars

Bad to the Bone!

Post by cars »

Chezzie;736585 wrote: :wah::wah: I feel bad for laughing but I yer just kiddin.....aint ya lol?????:thinking:
Just a funnin with ya all!!! :p
suzycreamcheese

Bad to the Bone!

Post by suzycreamcheese »

LilacDragon;735874 wrote: I certainly hope this child is given the psychological help that he needs. Studies show that animal abuse leads to human abuse. Almost every serial killer in the last century that has been studied started out just like this.

Whilst that may be true, it doesnt mean that every person whos been cruel to animals then goes on to humans.

Its horrible and I hope the kid gets some psychological help. I dont necessarily think it makes him evil or anything or unable to be rehabilitated
WonderWendy3

Bad to the Bone!

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I agree with Sheryl, he needs a good whoopin...not put to death.
RedGlitter

Bad to the Bone!

Post by RedGlitter »

G#Gill;736760 wrote: What I really would like to say about this youth would only get me banned.

He is obviously a little monster. He obviously needs psychiatric help. But firstly he needs to be shown how it must have felt for that poor little animal.

As the last suggestion would never happen, there is nothing more I can say except that in human terms that terrible torture would probably have lasted about a couple or so days.

Unfortunately there are many instances of terrible cruelty perpetrated by child monsters, one year supervision order and a four year ban on owning an animal of any kind is taking the p**s. There needs to be in place severe punishment for such terrible behaviour, in order to deter others following the same monstrous path.

Dare I suggest caning from age 10 to 14 years, and the birch from age 15 to 18 years - all under strict medical supervision of course. For the benefit of those who abhor corporal punishment, think on - pain they understand and fear, the other ways they just laugh at, and it hasn't worked ----- has it. (that is not a question that is a fact).

Wow! I could not have said this better myself, G#Gill. If I ever saw a person harming an animal, I'd be on them like white on rice. God help them if they were a child. It just doesn't matter. Evil is evil.
RedGlitter

Bad to the Bone!

Post by RedGlitter »

Deletion doesn't make it any more civil. JacksDad, don't ever respond to me again unless it's a sincere apology for the lowdown thing you said to me tonight.
JacksDad

Bad to the Bone!

Post by JacksDad »

Odd thing is it wasn't me that deleted it. And it's not the first post of mine that has been deleted.

Which I find as infuriating as your ignorance.

A hamster. A child.

Pathetic.

I make no apologies. And if your views are supported please do me a favor and ban me.
Pheasy

Bad to the Bone!

Post by Pheasy »

I have not been on-line for a while, so I did not read the thread that was deleted. Was it your view or was there a personal attack in it?

Anyway, I could not read the whole story - it was too upsetting. :mad: How could anyone do this :mad:
YZGI

Bad to the Bone!

Post by YZGI »

I honestly can't believe anyone would suggest executing a human child for killing a hamster. While I think the child needs some good old fashion discipline, killing the child is ridiculous. How many here have killed mice in mouse traps. I am not pointing anyone out here but I will never equate animal lives with human lives. I do however believe a sense of humaneness should always be a part of out interaction with animals.
Pheasy

Bad to the Bone!

Post by Pheasy »

YZGI;738127 wrote: I honestly can't believe anyone would suggest executing a human child for killing a hamster. While I think the child needs some good old fashion discipline, killing the child is ridiculous. How many here have killed mice in mouse traps. I am not pointing anyone out here but I will never equate animal lives with human lives. I do however believe a sense of humaneness should always be a part of out interaction with animals.

I would agree with your comments regarding the killing of the child. I would be mortified if either of my children were capable of doing such a horrendous thing. I would not want them dead though, I would want to get them help and fast!

Why did he do it? What pleasure did he get out of it? How far will he go next time?

I would say that they should give this child counseling and look to see where the problem lies. No one in their RIGHT mind would want to do this. If allowed to continue, with no help, he really is not fit to be amongst society. I would seriously question how far he would go next time? Would it be another poor tortured animal, or would he do it to a child say? He needs help!
Pheasy

Bad to the Bone!

Post by Pheasy »

ThePheasant;738138 wrote: I would agree with your comments regarding the killing of the child. I would be mortified if either of my children were capable of doing such a horrendous thing. I would not want them dead though, I would want to get them help and fast!

Why did he do it? What pleasure did he get out of it? How far will he go next time?

I would say that they should give this child counseling and look to see where the problem lies. No one in their RIGHT mind would want to do this. If allowed to continue, with no help, he really is not fit to be amongst society. I would seriously question how far he would go next time? Would it be another poor tortured animal, or would he do it to a child say? He needs help!

Yikes!! I am getting paranoid about typing things wrongly these days. I was agreeing with Wisey about NOT putting the child to death (sorry, I thought this could be mis-read). But I would be VERY concerned, that if left with no help, what he would do next.
YZGI

Bad to the Bone!

Post by YZGI »

ThePheasant;738140 wrote: Yikes!! I am getting paranoid about typing things wrongly these days. I was agreeing with Wisey about NOT putting the child to death (sorry, I thought this could be mis-read). But I would be VERY concerned, that if left with no help, what he would do next.
I understood them the way you intended.:)
Mystery

Bad to the Bone!

Post by Mystery »

YZGI;738127 wrote: I honestly can't believe anyone would suggest executing a human child for killing a hamster. While I think the child needs some good old fashion discipline, killing the child is ridiculous. How many here have killed mice in mouse traps. I am not pointing anyone out here but I will never equate animal lives with human lives. I do however believe a sense of humaneness should always be a part of out interaction with animals.

Ditto.

There just isn't any comparison to killing an animal and killing a human child, and that it could even be suggested is preposterous. Children aren't even executed when they kill other humans for heaven's sake.
RedGlitter

Bad to the Bone!

Post by RedGlitter »

JacksDad;738079 wrote: Odd thing is it wasn't me that deleted it. And it's not the first post of mine that has been deleted.

A hamster. A child.

Pathetic.

I make no apologies. And if your views are supported please do me a favor and ban me.

Its your ignorance, dude. I will quote to remind you "THANK GOD SHE CAN"T HAVE CHILDREN. ALLEGEDLY."

You have thrown this up to me twice now and it stops now. You got that? NOW. You either debate fairly or keep quiet. Preferably the latter.

JacksDad

Bad to the Bone!

Post by JacksDad »

Preposterous. Execution. Killing. Mortification.

I'm out of line when I thank The Lord that such a person who would propose such a thing cannot have children?

I owe an apology to someone who condones killing a child over the death of a hamster?

If so then pleeese remove me from FG.

:-5
JacksDad

Bad to the Bone!

Post by JacksDad »

RedGlitter;735845 wrote: I would have no problem putting this kid to death. Someone like that doesn't deserve to live in society.

That without a doubt is the nastiest thing I've ever seen posted on this forum.

And we've all seen some nasty things here.

You are out of control.
RedGlitter

Bad to the Bone!

Post by RedGlitter »

Do us all a favor and remove yourself.
JacksDad

Bad to the Bone!

Post by JacksDad »

No dear.

You justify your comment on killing children.

You justify yourself for all of Fg to see.

I'm not in the wrong here, missy. And you know it.
YZGI

Bad to the Bone!

Post by YZGI »

RedGlitter;738197 wrote: Do us all a favor and remove yourself.
I would not consider that a favor to me Red. I myself found your statement preposterous. I have killed ant, flies, snakes, pheasants, quail, deer and any number of other animals in my day and I feel I still have some worth in society. If a child or an adult inhumanely treat animals, I feel they should be punished. But death?

This may sound offensive but it isn't my intention, what caused your hatred of humans and specifically human children? Sometimes you seem to have cruel aspirations on humankind.
RedGlitter

Bad to the Bone!

Post by RedGlitter »

YZGI, it doesn't bother me at all that you or anyone would find it "preposterous."

I don't hate humans. I just don't think they're any more important than animals are. Including kids.

I see no one is bothered by the fact this jerk had baited me three times now about not having kids. You find that acceptable YZGI? I think that's what's preposterous here.

I see we have quite a lurker crowd at the bottom too.
Mystery

Bad to the Bone!

Post by Mystery »

I wonder if we had this scenario...

Got a kid and a dog walking down the road, and you see one of them is inevitably going to get hit by a car. You have time to save only one...which one do you save?

....what would you choose?

RedGlitter, I enjoy, in my lurkings around here (not that you really care, just saying is all), most of your threads, as I'm a news hound, and especially love weird news. But, in this thread specifically, to suggest that this kid be put to death is OTT. What if you knew for a fact that he'd never done anything like this before? Would that sway you?

I'm all for treating animals kindly, but humans should always come first. Punish the kid for hurting that poor hamster, but for heaven's sake don't send him to the firing squad.
YZGI

Bad to the Bone!

Post by YZGI »

RedGlitter;738211 wrote: YZGI, it doesn't bother me at all that you or anyone would find it "preposterous."

I don't hate humans. I just don't think they're any more important than animals are. Including kids.

I see no one is bothered by the fact this jerk had baited me three times now about not having kids. You find that acceptable YZGI? I think that's what's preposterous here.

I see we have quite a lurker crown at the bottom too.
Red, I think your statements sometimes astonish people to the point of no return and things are said because of it. Actually JD"s statement is no more astonishing than yours. He cannot believe their is a human out there who believes as you do and doesn't necessarily want anymore out there with that mindset. I'm not meaning to put words in JD"s mouth just seems to me what I have observed.
RedGlitter

Bad to the Bone!

Post by RedGlitter »

Mystery, Ive been involved in people's scenarios before, they don't sway me.

I'm not here to fend off questions or explain my views any more than the next person. Whenever animals are concerned everybody knows where I stand and when nothing else is going on at FG it's fun for them to see if they can rile me. I don't bother with that anymore because I know the game.
kazalala

Bad to the Bone!

Post by kazalala »

RedGlitter;738211 wrote: YZGI, it doesn't bother me at all that you or anyone would find it "preposterous."

I see we have quite a lurker crown at the bottom too.

Guilty:o I have posted on this thread and find it interesting to see different peoples opinions. I keep up with threads like this often. Sometimes on ones i havent even posted on, Sometimes i find i dont want to or feel the need to post but will still read it.

My opinion hasnt changed, about the original subject. I hate violence therefore i could never condone it even in retribution, I find it hard to understand when people are sickened by some sort of violence, then their answer is to punish that behaviour with violence:confused:

I think things have got a bit personal. Sometimes people feelings run very high and i think thats what causes it. We are human and react in different ways. Even when i feel strongly about something i try not to get angry at a person if their view is different to mine. i am who i am, let people be who they are.

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
RedGlitter

Bad to the Bone!

Post by RedGlitter »

YZGI;738214 wrote: Red, I think your statements sometimes astonish people to the point of no return and things are said because of it. Actually JD"s statement is no more astonishing than yours. He cannot believe their is a human out there who believes as you do and doesn't necessarily want anymore out there with that mindset. I'm not meaning to put words in JD"s mouth just seems to me what I have observed.

It doesn't matter YZGI. That you find "JD's" hurtful remarks acceptable and excusable (three times!) tells me where you stand. That's all I needed to know.
JacksDad

Bad to the Bone!

Post by JacksDad »

Oddly I feel the one having been baited.

My name here alone speaks for my love of children.

A subject which you nothing about yet insist on giving us your warped views.

7 years ago I devoted my life to a child. It has cost me a marriage (another subject you should keep away from), relationships, a home, jobs even food for myself.

In that seven years I've expanded myself to a child advocate.

I have become a lisenced guardian ad litem for the State Of Florida and a full member of CCHR.

You have shown numerous times your disturbing views towards children.

I make my comments about your not having kids because your views are frightening. It's no meant as an insult. It's a personal fact.

If my son were to microwave a hamster or even shoot a dog he would learn a hard long lesson from me.

Would I send him to the electric chair?

If my dog killed a cat, would I shoot him?

You are out of line. You are disturbing.

Justify your comment.
YZGI

Bad to the Bone!

Post by YZGI »

RedGlitter;738215 wrote: Mystery, Ive been involved in people's scenarios before, they don't sway me.

I'm not here to fend off questions or explain my views any more than the next person. Whenever animals are concerned everybody knows where I stand and when nothing else is going on at FG it's fun for them to see if they can rile me. I don't bother with that anymore because I know the game.
Red? Some of us need to know if we are dealing with a person who would pick an animal over a child in a life and death situation..
Snooze

Bad to the Bone!

Post by Snooze »

JacksDad;738079 wrote: Odd thing is it wasn't me that deleted it. And it's not the first post of mine that has been deleted.

A hamster. A child.

Pathetic.

Here's another way of looking at it:

YZGI

Bad to the Bone!

Post by YZGI »

RedGlitter;738218 wrote: It doesn't matter YZGI. That you find "JD's" hurtful remarks acceptable and excusable (three times!) tells me where you stand. That's all I needed to know.
Where I stand on what?
Mystery

Bad to the Bone!

Post by Mystery »

RedGlitter;738215 wrote: Mystery, Ive been involved in people's scenarios before, they don't sway me.

I don't know about others, as I'm me, but I'm not trying to rile you, wouldn't care to be bothered to do that. It was just a question I had, regardless how you saw it. I often speak my mind, as well as you do, and beyond that, I do respect your right to have an opinion. It just throws me a bit that you'd think it okay to suggest killing this child over this incident.

And what YZGI said holds for me as well - it interests me to know if you'd pick an animal over a child.
Snooze

Bad to the Bone!

Post by Snooze »

JacksDad;738230 wrote: You missed one.

Do tell! She's a serial killer? Quick, call the cops!:rolleyes:

Return to “Crimes Trials”