Wonderful police efficiency

lovejoy

Post by lovejoy »

My next door neighbour has just been telling me that last night at 7pm she witnessed 2 young yobs breaking into a house across the street, she immediately phoned the police ( who are a 60 second drive away)

A few minutes later the yobs emerged from the house carrying a large screen plasma TV set and made off in a car driven by an adult.

The police came to investigate approximately, how much later:

answer a. three minutes

answer b. ten minutes

answer c. two hours

Did you plump for answer c :-5
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

I'm surprised they came at all ! When my brother was mugged they interviewed him by phone...
jennyswan

Post by jennyswan »

That's typical and then they wonder why people don't have any faith in them!
lovejoy

Post by lovejoy »

the police tracked down the pikey's that committed this crime and charged them, the magistrates (or to give them their proper title. (brain dead morons) bailed them to appear in court the second week in May

Do you think they will turn up for their trial?
lovejoy

Post by lovejoy »

How do I know they are 60 seconds away? Because thats how long it takes to drive 400 yards.

"So what could they be doing instead of going to a simple burglary? A rape? a murder? a fatal car accident? a missing child? chasing a drunk driver? rescuing someone who has fallen into a river ? a body? a riot or pub brawl in which there are lots of assaults? A violent domestic? a hostage situation? a suicidal person? A fire? would you like me to go on ?"

No I wouldn't like you to go on, I would however like you to take your medication:wah:
lovejoy

Post by lovejoy »

I have Jus checked to see when we last had:

A rape? a murder? a fatal car accident? a missing child? chasing a drunk driver? rescuing someone who has fallen into a river ? a body? a riot or pub brawl in which there are lots of assaults? A violent domestic? a hostage situation? a suicidal person? A fire?

in our north yorkshire village and it was apparently during the war of the roses

are you sure you are not mistaking us for beirut fuzzy brain?
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Fuzzy !! Don't you have the luxury of non-attendance by police when there is a crime in progress ?

Maybe you live in an area which is fairly law-abiding, now that IS a luxury, and to be envied. :-5
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

fuzzy butt;846504 wrote: Everybody has crime G gill. For us it actually does take 2 hours to get to some places, that also goes if we need an Ambulance as well.

Hey i've been shot at not that long ago while I was sitting on my back deck . took over 1/2 an hour for police to come. The next day the CI turned up.

that's life .

Well as long as we 'tolerate' this third class policing, and accept the excuses tendered to us by the police force, the situation will never improve, and will get worse. If everybody complained that they are getting no protection, maybe the various governments MAY set aside a lot more funding to increase the numbers of officers on duty - TO PREVENT CRIME. This is the main objective of the police force - TO PREVENT CRIME by being more visible on the ground, as a deterrent. Well it used to be anyway. But that has gone out of the window, and you are lucky if they are even as good as an 'answering service' these days.

I do speak from bitter experience. And yes I have complained, citing incidents, personal and otherwise, to the Chief Constable, Members of Parliament, Councillors.

The only time we got a favourable reaction was when my son, having had his Reliant Rialto three wheeler rolled over by yobs for about the fourth time, went down to our local police station and bashed the reception counter three times with a 'night stick'. A long story which I may tell about sometime.

Oh, and crikey ! That must have been a terrible shock for you, being shot at !

The nearest we've come to something like that was when two youths shot the windows out of our two Reliant Rialto's , parked right outside our house one evening !! At least that evening the police arrived within 10 minutes, I suppose it was because a gun was involved ffs.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
lovejoy

Post by lovejoy »

Fuzzybrain, may I be so bold as to ask, are you a member of the police force?

Return to “Crimes Trials”