fashion reality

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
flopstock

fashion reality

Post by flopstock »

Gretchen Jones Won Project Runway

I'm probably the only one on here who watches this show, but than again I'm probably the only one on here who lives in tshirts and polos with my work logo emblazened upper left. I keep one in great condition for more formal occassions..:p

I think part of me enjoys this show because it validates my decision to not try. If this is what fashion is, I'm glad I'm not part of it. But then this lady won this season and it almost all looks so normal! Very distressing.:yh_rotfl

What not To Wear is Back and I'm Glad...there I said it..:wah:

I wouldn't know how to shop if stacey and clinton(what not to wear) handed me that 5000 credit card and a notebook full of rules to follow.. I have no eye for mixing and matching and when the spirit of the nominated person is broken, I can really feel their pain.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

chonsigirl

fashion reality

Post by chonsigirl »

My daughter loves this show, and sketches fashion ideas the whole time. Some of the shows are so unique in what they make, but a fashion plate I am not.
sparkey

fashion reality

Post by sparkey »

I will admit to watching Project Runway on occassion, but mostly to watch the creative process.

I prefer to watch a show like How to Look Good Naked. I find the the UK version with Gok Wan the best. It's interesting to watch the journey of the subject from being totaly self conscious about her body to being able to model lingere down a runway in front of a packed shopping centre audience. Really all Gok does is to get the subject to view herself a little differently, to change her view on what she perceives are her body faults (let's face it, we all do it). The fact that he can co-ordinate fashion looks is a bonus.

I have never been into fashion. It used to be a case of if it fits then it would do. Then I took control and for the first time I actually have a fashion choice. But this creates its own dilema... I'm like a kid in a lolly (candy) store not knowing how to eat the lollies (candy):p
curl

fashion reality

Post by curl »

Its good be naked some times..

Return to “General TV Shows”