Ja'mie is coming ....oh god help us all

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

The best of Ja'mie King - YouTube

I know it's to be aired in the US and Britain. I have no idea why anyone would watch this show unless they were studying acting or can relate. If you are studying acting you are looking at a genius. If you can relate like me, it's cringe worthy. It's a hit with teens and young adult females which doesn't surprise me at all. We've all known a Jamie........sorry a ja'may.....

This is not simply some bloke in a dress. He performs character acting to a tee. Sometimes I forget it's a man playing this role and just picture at least three girls I knew at school.

Yeah I went to private school but I grew up in the rougher end of town (dad had a thing with private education) But I did know a couple of girls who acted just like this character and we all knew they were up themselves and so removed from the real world but of course those in charge pandered to them ....it was embarrassing then and it's just so embarrassing now .
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I shouldn't be laughing but it's really sad when you've known these kind of people . Yes they actually do excist. Sadly. Even my youngest does this during a temper tantrum.........But he's 15 and gay ..he's such a Ja'mie.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Maybe I'm weird or not "with it" Fuzzy, but "men" who dress up like women give me a pain in the nether regions.

I know they have a name like "female impersonators" or whatever but ... why can't they decide what they want to be?
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I'll pass, thank you.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Is Chris Lilley, the actor who portrays Ja'mie gay? I think he's very talented. I don't care if he's gay or straight, just curious.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

This fellow is not gay or curious..................

WARNING Adult content.

I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Who is the actor in drag? You Brits seem to get a big kick out of that stuff. Of course, I remember Milton Berle was good at that too, if anyone remembers him besides me, that is.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

AnneBoleyn;1438909 wrote: Who is the actor in drag? You Brits seem to get a big kick out of that stuff. Of course, I remember Milton Berle was good at that too, if anyone remembers him besides me, that is.

Brendan O'Carroll

Wiki
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Hey Bruv I'm seeing Mrs Browns boys stage performance in Feburary. Can't wait He's so funny.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

jones jones;1438891 wrote: Maybe I'm weird or not "with it" Fuzzy, but "men" who dress up like women give me a pain in the nether regions.

I know they have a name like "female impersonators" or whatever but ... why can't they decide what they want to be?

He's not a female impersonator. He has many different characters he portrays. It's about the personalities of the characters. he does it very well. He did a teenage boy and I kept forgetting tha tit wasn't a teenage boy because he does it so well.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

AnneBoleyn;1438896 wrote: Is Chris Lilley, the actor who portrays Ja'mie gay? I think he's very talented. I don't care if he's gay or straight, just curious.

I'm pretty sure he's married Anne.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

fuzzywuzzy;1438957 wrote: I'm pretty sure he's married Anne.

Well, that can mean anything these days! I think he is extremely talented.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

In a vague way, he reminds me of Sacha Baron Cohen.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1438909 wrote: Who is the actor in drag? You Brits seem to get a big kick out of that stuff. Of course, I remember Milton Berle was good at that too, if anyone remembers him besides me, that is.

Never forget Uncle Miltie
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Bruv;1438907 wrote: This fellow is not gay or curious..................

WARNING Adult content.

That fella... Is a feckin genius.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Well there's always Auntie Jack from the sixties and seventies and of course Dame Edna. But then again you look at Monty Python? they were just funnier as women .
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I don't know who could ever say this was feminized. No woman impersonator would say "If you don't tune in next week I'll come round to your house and rip your bloody arms off" ...... kind of like bart and lisa simpson laughing at itchy and scratchy..we laughed our hearts out cause we knew it was pretend. In the same way of Mrs Brown and ja'mei they aren't female impersonators just characters that happen to be female . No one is "trying to be female". That's called a tranvestite that's not what these people are doing.

AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Thanks fuzzy for bringing this show to my attention! It began 2 weeks ago & I really love it. It's such fun to watch! :-D
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

last episode here was about a week ago. The last episode will blow your mind. :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

This show is funny in a cringe worthy way . A lot like Little Britain was cringe funny.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

'Jonah from Tonga'....His next series......the teachers among you will love it!!! You've had them ...and you only dream of disciplining him .

will get the first episode after tonight ...shall load it.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Jonah From Tonga : Series 1 Episode 1 : ABC iview

Jonah From Tonga - OFFICIAL SERIES TRAILER - YouTube

Return to “General TV Shows”