Alone

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
minks

Alone

Post by minks »

season 2 just wrapped up, has anyone watched this show?

I have found it quite fascinating.

10 people left to survive alone 4 - 5 kilometers from each other, alone as individuals until the last man is "standing". They are helicopter dropped into various bays, on Northern Vancouver Island, they are allowed to bring a limited number of survival items and are left to fend and forage for themselves.

It is quite the cool insight to the human being.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
LarsMac

Alone

Post by LarsMac »

never heard of it. It sounds like fun.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
minks

Alone

Post by minks »

it`s a very cool concept, they film themselves and I believe there are camera`s set up in their general area`s.

Most of the people have extensive experience living in the wild, and survivor skills.

They have to set up shelter, they are plunked out there on the island I would say fall ish. Because the weather starts out warm, and cools off. The last guy this time around lasted 66 days, of and the prize is $50,000.00.

They contend with the tides, the weather, the wet, its a rain forest there, dry wood does not just grow on trees lol, as well as loneliness and isolation. Of course the fear of injury is always there too.

Lars, do you mean fun to try or fun to watch?

it was cool to watch, but I know I would not survive. I can camp but I can't survive lol

― Mae West
LarsMac

Alone

Post by LarsMac »

minks;1498885 wrote: it`s a very cool concept, they film themselves and I believe there are camera`s set up in their general area`s.

Most of the people have extensive experience living in the wild, and survivor skills.

They have to set up shelter, they are plunked out there on the island I would say fall ish. Because the weather starts out warm, and cools off. The last guy this time around lasted 66 days, of and the prize is $50,000.00.

They contend with the tides, the weather, the wet, its a rain forest there, dry wood does not just grow on trees lol, as well as loneliness and isolation. Of course the fear of injury is always there too.

Lars, do you mean fun to try or fun to watch?

it was cool to watch, but I know I would not survive. I can camp but I can't survive lol

I could get along, for a while. I'd much rather be a contestant than watch it on TV.

Though the need for regular medication these days might inhibit my participation.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
minks

Alone

Post by minks »

I think you should be allowed to bring that along however, you do not know how long you will last out there so could not determine how much med's to bring along.

― Mae West
Patsy Warnick

Alone

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Minks

I've never heard of this survival show - I do enjoy watching shows like this.

We have Survivor, where there's several stranded on a Island until the number dwindle.

It is a interesting insight to humans.

I watch a show - "Big Brother" -a group secluded in a house competing to be the last one standing.

I enjoy watching the body language as it's difficult for every one to get along with each other.

Those are the only 2 reality shows I get involved with.

there fun shows.

Beside it's 120 degrees here - cabin fever - talk about secluded..:yh_rotfl

Patsy
minks

Alone

Post by minks »

Hey Patsy, yes I watch survivor too it's my guilty pleasure.

Alone is quite different in that you are completely alone and isolated and against the Canadian Wilderness and unpredictable and often unpleasant weather.

I love a good study on humanity and their interaction or lack of interaction with others.

Awe boo I just read the season 3 details for Alone, they are moving the show to South America WHAAAAT FOOOR... it's warm there you can't get hypothermia, you won't battle hail, freezing rain, ice crystals on your nose hairs... bah seems like too much of a vacation place, to close to "survivor" boo hoo.

It lost it's charm with me lol

Ok I will probably still watch it.

― Mae West
ZAP

Alone

Post by ZAP »

Patsy Warnick;1498914 wrote: Minks

I've never heard of this survival show - I do enjoy watching shows like this.

We have Survivor, where there's several stranded on a Island until the number dwindle.

It is a interesting insight to humans.

I watch a show - "Big Brother" -a group secluded in a house competing to be the last one standing.

I enjoy watching the body language as it's difficult for every one to get along with each other.

Those are the only 2 reality shows I get involved with.

there fun shows.

Beside it's 120 degrees here - cabin fever - talk about secluded..:yh_rotfl

Patsy

"120 degrees"? Where ARE you? It sounds like where I'm headed tomorrow--oh, right, that's only 117 degrees.
Patsy Warnick

Alone

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Zap

117 degrees should be a breeze to handle: yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I live in a ghost town in AZ.

My morning was survival

I jumped in the pool - jump in our golf cart to run to the store - I need to bring a wet towel to put around my neck all @ 10:00 A.M. to beat the real heat.

Not much traffic on the road here.

Don't travel here unless you absolutely have too.

My favorite pair of sandals melted last here - the sole stuck to the pavement.:yh_rotfl

Why do I stay here...:-5

Patsy
minks

Alone

Post by minks »

bleh that sounds dreadful.

― Mae West
Bruv

Alone

Post by Bruv »

A show started here this week called 'Eden'.

A group of strangers with some animals and plants and shelter materials are in a secluded part of Scotland for a whole year, just to see how they survive.

They have mixed abilities suitable to contribute, carpenter, vet, etc.

The first weeks episode had the adventurer type wanting to be alone.

I have the TV set for record................I reckon I could add value to such a project being a practical sort.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
minks

Alone

Post by minks »

Bruv, that sounds interesting too.

I like survival, minimalist type shows.

I think we all need to be thrown back to our base beginnings.

― Mae West
Patsy Warnick

Alone

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Minks

It is dreadful - along with this horrible hot comes the humidity. It's our "monsoon season" -high high humidity thunderstorms - this goes on until Sept.

I'd probably like your show "Alone".

Patsy
minks

Alone

Post by minks »

I think you would Patsy, your weather sounds unbearable. I much prefer our -30C winters thanks. Least we can escape the cold with blankets and fireplaces.

― Mae West
Patsy Warnick

Alone

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Minks

I have a fireplace..:yh_rotfl

Large enough to park a little peddle car in - built for Colorado.

Several of my neighbors are Canadian - of course they're in Canada now - oh wise ones they are..

Patsy
minks

Alone

Post by minks »

lol oh the Canadian Snowbirds ;)

― Mae West
ZAP

Alone

Post by ZAP »

:-6Patsy Warnick;1498923 wrote: Zap

117 degrees should be a breeze to handle: yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I live in a ghost town in AZ.

My morning was survival

I jumped in the pool - jump in our golf cart to run to the store - I need to bring a wet towel to put around my neck all @ 10:00 A.M. to beat the real heat.

Not much traffic on the road here.

Don't travel here unless you absolutely have too.

My favorite pair of sandals melted last here - the sole stuck to the pavement.:yh_rotfl

Why do I stay here...:-5

Patsy

My daughter's shoes did that--her tennies. But she does desert photography so she was asking for it :-6

Return to “General TV Shows”