Tarot Cards or Angel cards or neither

Discuss topics ranging from UFO's to Unexplained Phenomena.
jennyswan

Post by jennyswan »

Do you have any of these?

Would you believe in any of these?

I have a deck of both but tend towards the angel cards for some reason but I'm not any good really and just do it for myself.

What is your experience?
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I also own both, one angel set, five tarots. The cards are not magic. They are only a tool for the power to speak to you- the power of self and the powers that manifest in the universe.

I think whichever you are comfier with is the set you should use because you'll get a better reading. If you're uncomfy with tarot you might miss things or read them wrong. There are soem great beginners books out there and tarot is fascinating to many, so why not have a look? :)
Red

Post by Red »

I used to have some tarot cards but could never get the hang of them, what are angel cards? I do have some rune stones which are ok...easier for me to understand...simple :-2
jennyswan

Post by jennyswan »

Red;554623 wrote: I used to have some tarot cards but could never get the hang of them, what are angel cards? I do have some rune stones which are ok...easier for me to understand...simple :-2

Angel Cards are card with Angels who give messages. I have a set from this lady.

http://www.angeltherapy.com/ I've read a few books about it too.
jennyswan

Post by jennyswan »

RedGlitter;554611 wrote: I also own both, one angel set, five tarots. The cards are not magic. They are only a tool for the power to speak to you- the power of self and the powers that manifest in the universe.

I think whichever you are comfier with is the set you should use because you'll get a better reading. If you're uncomfy with tarot you might miss things or read them wrong. There are soem great beginners books out there and tarot is fascinating to many, so why not have a look? :)

I got a book with my set which is called the Enchanted Tarot but it's not very detailed . I might try out a new set.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

jennyswan;554582 wrote: Do you have any of these?

Would you believe in any of these?

Speaking as someone who is somewhat more than sceptical, if these things

were of any positive use whatsoever in anything from simple lifestyle guidance

to foretelling the future, then the outlook of the whole of civilisation would be

rather changed - yet, in reality, what? No change.
Romany

Post by Romany »

I've got a deck of tarot cards myself (although sadly I can't read them :( ) However it' my birthday nxt month and i'm hoping someone will buy me a deck of angel cards......
jennyswan

Post by jennyswan »

Romany;557001 wrote: I've got a deck of tarot cards myself (although sadly I can't read them :( ) However it' my birthday nxt month and i'm hoping someone will buy me a deck of angel cards......

I have the angel cards and they are nice. I do my own readings sometimes. I'm not very good but it's fun. I bought a deck of Oracle cards today. :)
SpiderSam

Post by SpiderSam »

I don't have any but have had my tarot done. However, what was seen I do not know really. The person doing them could have just made it up just to make it all look good for them.
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

If you need something to believe in then these are a lot less harmful than most other things & a lot of fun. Difficult to take it too serious as magic 8 ball will also give you answers to questions. Each to their own :-6
zinkyusa

Post by zinkyusa »

I think if one puts their belief in the efficacy of these things they can be valid as tools..
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Very diplomatic of you Zinks, luvin the siggie, how apt :D
zinkyusa

Post by zinkyusa »

buttercup;631831 wrote: Very diplomatic of you Zinks, luvin the siggie, how apt :D

big kiss for BC:p
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

No tongues :wah:
zinkyusa

Post by zinkyusa »

buttercup;631843 wrote: No tongues :wah:

poopstain
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

RedGlitter;554611 wrote: I also own both, one angel set, five tarots. The cards are not magic. They are only a tool for the power to speak to you- the power of self and the powers that manifest in the universe.

My friend (big believer in angels) has just been to visit, she says the angels have given me many warnings to slow down, because i dident listen, they have fractured my hands, bloody hell thats a bit savage dont you think?

Apparently if you take this angel stuff seriously then thats what fractures & breaks to the bones mean. Do you believe thats a power that manifests itself in the universe Red? Did the angels break my hands to slow me down? Im very interested in your beliefs on this matter.
koan

Post by koan »

Why don't you ask the magic eight ball, BC? I'm sure I've got one lying around. :wah:

I think your friend is wacky. Angels don't break peoples bones. But the slowing down part I do believe in. It just has nothing to do with angels. Angles are too busy playing harpsichords. :D
zinkyusa

Post by zinkyusa »

koan;631999 wrote: Why don't you ask the magic eight ball, BC? I'm sure I've got one lying around. :wah:

I think your friend is wacky. Angels don't break peoples bones. But the slowing down part I do believe in. It just has nothing to do with angels. Angles are too busy playing harpsichords. :D

and bowling..

that's what we hear during thunderstorms right?:thinking:
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

The angels I have been around break legs not fingers. Wait that was Guido.
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

koan;631999 wrote: Why don't you ask the magic eight ball, BC? I'm sure I've got one lying around. :wah:

If the magic 8 ball said the angels dident break my hands but the tarot cards gave an indication that they did (as they dont actually say yes or no) would you believe the cards?

Do you think there is a chance people just read into them what they want them to say? Dont the cards have many meanings & its up to the reader to interprate them?
koan

Post by koan »

buttercup;632071 wrote:

Do you think there is a chance people just read into them what they want them to say? Dont the cards have many meanings & its up to the reader to interprate them?

absolutely... to both questions

that's why, on the first count, it's hard to read for oneself, and on the second, good tarot readers are hard to find.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

buttercup;631850 wrote: My friend (big believer in angels) has just been to visit, she says the angels have given me many warnings to slow down, because i dident listen, they have fractured my hands, bloody hell thats a bit savage dont you think?

Apparently if you take this angel stuff seriously then thats what fractures & breaks to the bones mean. Do you believe thats a power that manifests itself in the universe Red? Did the angels break my hands to slow me down? Im very interested in your beliefs on this matter.

That sounds a little cracked to me, in all honesty, Buttercup. I don't buy that at all. That's like when someone has a heart attack and someone tells them it was God's way of telling them to lighten up. God maybe but I doubt it. Although stranger things have happened. Angels making you trip and break stuff, I don't think so.

Maybe angels gave you warnings that you didn't heed, and you just got clumsy and fell down. I think that's more like it.

For the record, I prefer regular tarot to those angel cards. I believe in angels but not in the new age cheesy fashion that has become so popular.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

buttercup;632071 wrote: If the magic 8 ball said the angels dident break my hands but the tarot cards gave an indication that they did (as they dont actually say yes or no) would you believe the cards?

I'd personally believe the cards over a child's toy. They say the cards don't lie and I have come to accept that, I will throw my cards and come up with stuff I don't want to see or things that I think at the time cannot possibly be true but when I go back in my tarot journal later on, I am able to see they were correct. Whether I want them to be or not, they always are.

yes, I'm sure people do read stuff into them; easy thing to do and I am by far, no expert myself. The cards do have their own meanings but there is also much room for what you personally "see" in them.
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

RedGlitter;632138 wrote: Angels making you trip and break stuff, I don't think so.

Maybe angels gave you warnings that you didn't heed, and you just got clumsy and fell down. I think that's more like it.

I'sent that saying the same thing but nicer? :thinking:

I dont think she's cracked, she's a lovely person with a good heart, kinder than most people i know, she's just really into this angel stuff & has studied much with Doreen Virtue, you must have heard of her?. By saying she's cracked is like me saying a devout christian is cracked just because they believe in something i dont surely?
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Buttercup, I didn't say your friend was cracked. Wasn't trying to imply that at all. I said I thought that notion about angels breaking bones was a bit cracked. There's a difference.

I have not heard of Doreen Virtue. Not that I can remember.
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

2 years ago i'd of thought you were all cracked but things have happened and i rule out nothing now anything is possible:thinking: :thinking:

no really it is :-6 :-6
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

RedGlitter;632697 wrote: Buttercup, I didn't say your friend was cracked. Wasn't trying to imply that at all. I said I thought that notion about angels breaking bones was a bit cracked. There's a difference.

I have not heard of Doreen Virtue. Not that I can remember.

Wow that surprises me, she's very well known, here's a link for you ;)

http://www.angeltherapy.com/
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Thank you, Buttercup

Return to “Paranormal Science”