JacksDad

classical and modern classical music

Post by JacksDad »

Tonight. Bach.
hamdiderot

Post by hamdiderot »

Hello magenta flame and JacksDad

I like Toccata and Fugue of Bach and surely Ode to Joy ( 9th Symphony ).

I propose a song which is close to classical music, i mean one performed by the band Dead Can Dance titled Host of Seraphim. It serves as soundtrack for The Mist the film of Darabont (Green Mile) which i humbly recommend to you by the way.

The contralto of LISA GERRARD ( soundtrack of Gladiator) fits the tragic sort of the protagonist.

That really sounds like watching a Wagnerian opera (which i haven't but long for).

I also propose Handel (German-born but English subject) of whom Beethoven said he had been the greatest of all. You will enjoy his Coronation Anthem.
coraven

Post by coraven »

I'm more into rock than classical music. But I think that I need to give some props to classical music for having some original sounds. I think that because so many instruments are involved in creating a classical music that there are more sound variations available that are not available to artists today. I really want rock and classical music to have babies so that something cool will be produced that no one has seen yet.
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

magenta flame;615827 wrote: who here listens to classical music?

I'm listening to Butterfly Lovers violin concerto - Act 1 by Vanessa mae.

the piece in my opinion really does capture the flight of butterflys . you can almost see them as you listen to the music.

I love classical, violins and butterflies. I'll definitely Google this.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

coraven;1200193 wrote: I'm more into rock than classical music. But I think that I need to give some props to classical music for having some original sounds. I think that because so many instruments are involved in creating a classical music that there are more sound variations available that are not available to artists today. I really want rock and classical music to have babies so that something cool will be produced that no one has seen yet.

I disagree entirely. Modern music producers have all the technology available to make their music as rich and dynamic as they wish. Sampling for instance gives a producer any sound imaginable and many you cant. I love classical music and I love modern music.

Rock and Classical music have been having babies for decades. Most Electronica has roots in both and Rock musicians have been blending the two for nearly 50 years, very successfully. The 70's were full of Rock/Classic collaborations, much of it a little over indulgent but some of it hugely enjoyable

To the OP, its a beautiful piece and very accessable, given that some Chinese music can often be a little "different" to Western ears.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill

Return to “General Music”