Pink Floyd

maccat

Pink Floyd

Post by maccat »

Pink Floyd is a great band producing some superb Albums. One called Dark Side of the Moon actually remained in the top 200 for more than 6 years. No other band or singer has ever achieved sutch a fete. Do we have any fans of this unique group in the forum gardens?:guitarist
littlemissgiggle

Pink Floyd

Post by littlemissgiggle »

My Dad loves Pink Floyd and i have grown to love them too from listening :-4

i would love to take him to see them live :guitarist
maccat

Pink Floyd

Post by maccat »

Do you know what i love so many its hard to pin any particular favourite down however i love Wish you were here, Southhampton dock, the hero's return, Goodbye cruel world, basically im obsessed with the group also Roger Waters The Division bell is a fabulous album.
abbey

Pink Floyd

Post by abbey »

Pink Floyd always makes me think about Arnold Layne, a past member.
Musiclover89

Pink Floyd

Post by Musiclover89 »

I like Another Brick in the Wall :)
"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight', people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.' " Michael Jackson
Joe

Pink Floyd

Post by Joe »

maccat;651486 wrote: Pink Floyd is a great band producing some superb Albums..... Do we have any fans of this unique group in the forum gardens?:guitarist

Yes, ME. Excellent stuff, very original. True classic rock.
Patsy Warnick

Pink Floyd

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Love 'em

I grew up with them.

Patsy
texphotogal

Pink Floyd

Post by texphotogal »

I love Pink Floyd!! I had the chance to see them live on 1994 (without Roger Waters) but we didn't get to finish the show because a really MAJOR thunderstorm, the sky turned green and everything!! The power ended up going out that night, and they haven't been back since.

I have also seen Roger Waters live in 2000. Got to see him up close backstage (I work at the venue he played at). If you have never seen him live, go to one of his shows! He puts on a great show!!
mikeinie

Pink Floyd

Post by mikeinie »

maccat;651498 wrote: Do you know what i love so many its hard to pin any particular favourite down however i love Wish you were here, Southhampton dock, the hero's return, Goodbye cruel world, basically im obsessed with the group also Roger Waters The Division bell is a fabulous album.

The Division Bell was not with Roger Waters, it was David Gilmour who carries on with the Pink Floyd band name.

I saw Roger Waters in concert last month, it was fabulous. He opened with a number of old Pink Floyd songs from Wish You Were Here, The Wall, and some of his solo music. Then they took a 15 minute break and came back and played all of Dark Side of the Moon. For the encore he played a few more from the Wall closing out with Comfortably Numb.

It was a night I will never forget.
maccat

Pink Floyd

Post by maccat »

You are all correct, Roger Waters didn't produce The Division Bell Album. It was of course Dave Gilmour, however Roger released a cover Album of the division bell and sang and performed great. Thats what i was refering to. Check it out.:guitarist
hamdiderot

Pink Floyd

Post by hamdiderot »

Pink Floyd is an inspiration for me. I was lucky to have known the band while very young . They are a monument for humanity.

They are Philosophical and nostalgic

High Hopes is LSD (psychedelic drug) to me. With Wish You Were Here and Comfortably Numb , Pink Floyd set themselves apart with their existential trouble.

The film by Alan Parker (Midnight Express) id est Pink Floyd The Wall starred by Bob Geldof is also interesting even if it was not a sucess like the eponymous album.
mikeinie

Pink Floyd

Post by mikeinie »

hamdiderot;888086 wrote: Pink Floyd is an inspiration for me. I was lucky to have known the band while very young . They are a monument for humanity.

They are Philosophical and nostalgic

High Hopes is LSD (psychedelic drug) to me. With Wish You Were Here and Comfortably Numb , Pink Floyd set themselves apart with their existential trouble.

The film by Alan Parker (Midnight Express) id est Pink Floyd The Wall starred by Bob Geldof is also interesting even if it was not a sucess like the eponymous album.

Other old film from the late 60’s was called ‘The Valley’, although not a ‘Pink Floyd’ movie, they did the soundtrack which is fantastic. The album used for the soundtrack is called ‘Obscured by Clouds’ which I recommend.
hamdiderot

Pink Floyd

Post by hamdiderot »

hi mikeinie

Valley is indeed an old movie of Schroeder. I watched the director's Kiss of Death (99) starring Nicholas Cage but i vnt watched his film More whose soundtrack was also composed by the Floyds.
mikeinie

Pink Floyd

Post by mikeinie »

hamdiderot;891384 wrote: hi mikeinie

Valley is indeed an old movie of Schroeder. I watched the director's Kiss of Death (99) starring Nicholas Cage but i vnt watched his film More whose soundtrack was also composed by the Floyds.

Never heard of More, thanks for the info, I will check it out.
lovemyway

Pink Floyd

Post by lovemyway »

listened to the dark side of the moon on vinyl the other night. just wonderful.
Odie

Pink Floyd

Post by Odie »

maccat;651486 wrote: Pink Floyd is a great band producing some superb Albums. One called Dark Side of the Moon actually remained in the top 200 for more than 6 years. No other band or singer has ever achieved sutch a fete. Do we have any fans of this unique group in the forum gardens?:guitarist

YES, I'M HERE!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Money!

The Wall!

Mother!

Life is just to short for drama.
Omni_Skittles

Pink Floyd

Post by Omni_Skittles »

I LOVE PINK FLOYD!!! zomg
Smoke signals ftw!
OpenMind

Pink Floyd

Post by OpenMind »

I love Pink Floyd. I saw them at Knebworth just before they released Wish You Were Here - another excellent album. They played Shine On You Crazy Diamond.

I have enjoyed all their albums. Although I've outgrown some of the very early ones, I still listen to them from time to time - Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Saucerful of Secrets, (those two take dedication to continue listening to), Ummagumma, Atom Heart Mother, Meddle.
coraven

Pink Floyd

Post by coraven »

I just bought dark side of the moon and I am enjoying the songs. However I guess you could call me brand new to music because I hadn't heard of them till about three months ago. However, I think that they have changed my view on what could be considered good music. I'm glad I got recommended to them. I'm also very sad that they haven't been a band for a while :-1
jupiter

Pink Floyd

Post by jupiter »

I was given "Relics"when i was a very young and have loved them ever since!" Pulse" is a fantastic live at Earls Court concert,highly recomend it.
Snowfire

Pink Floyd

Post by Snowfire »

Yes me and ArnoldLayne are HUGE Floyd fans ;)
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill

Return to “General Music”