HELLLLLLLLLP!!! lyrics are driving me crazy!

Nunna Yabizness

Post by Nunna Yabizness »

Hi, I'm new and I have an ulterior motive...the following lyics have been bouncing around in my head all week and they are *old*...early 80's somewhere...

I remeber this song from high school, but can't place the name or the artist...and it's not Clay Walker or Danger Danger...

"And when she's good, she's really good

But when she's bad...she's better!"

Kind of Loverboy/Harlequin-esque...I dunno...

Somebody please help!

Thanks!

NY
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Try :-

Artist/Band: Walker Clay

Lyrics for Song: When She's Good She's Good

Lyrics for Album: A Few Questions

Plastic black frame glasses and her hair back in a bun,

From 9 to 5 she looks just like a school librarian.

But mister come this friday,

When shes punching out, she's ready for love,

The hem comes up and the hair comes tumbling down.

When she's good she's good,

When she's bad she's better.

Looks like Hollywood packed inside that sweater.

Love knee pumps and patent leather

When's she good,

She's got a classic custom Mustang,

Black top love machine.

Factory paint,

liscense plate says 77 queen.

Weaving through the traffic like she ain't afraid to crash,

Zepplin on the A Track,

thunder on the dash.

When's she good,

Come Monday she's all bussiness far as anyone can see,

she walks a line, dots her i's and crosses all her t's,

everybody she's thinks she's too up tight to be true,

but all along she's sitting on a Blood Red Rose tatoo.

When's she good,

When's she good,

When she's bad she's so much better.

Oh when she's bad, she so bad, bad, bad, bad. She's bad.
Nunna Yabizness

Post by Nunna Yabizness »

Thanks for the response Bryn, but it's "...not Clay Walker or Danger Danger... :(

It is, however, the band "Straight Lines" and the song is called "Roanne"...

Thanks to Scott Nichols at 94.5 Jack FM in Regina, Saskatchewan for the info!!!!

NY
spot

Post by spot »

It was Irving Berlin, vaguely remembering a doodle by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. Both citizens of the US, you'll notice. Anyone doing it after them was purely derivative. Anyway - last line, verse three:Once I got stuck on a sweet little German and oh what a German was she

The best that was walking, well what's the use talking was just made to order for me

So lovely, and witty, more yet she was pretty you don't know until you have tried

She had such a figure, it couldn't be bigger and there was some more yet besideOh how that German could love with a feeling that came from the heart

She called me her honey, her angel, her money she pushed ev'ry word out so smart

She spoke like a speaker, and oh what a speech like no other speaker could speak

Ach my what a German when she kissed her Herman it stayed on my cheek for a weekThis girl could squeeze, and it never would hurt for that lady knew just how to squeeze

Her loving was killing, more yet she was willing you never would have to say please

I just couldn't stop her, for dinner and supper some kisses and hugs was the food

When she wasn't nice it was more better twice when she's bad she was better than goodOh how that German could love with a sweetness that's sweeter than sweet

Just say what you please, you would hug and you'd squeeze just the shoes that she wore on her feet

Her smile was like money that somebody owed you that somebody wanted to give

When you felt like dying and she started sighing ach my it was worthwhile to liveSometimes we'd love for a week at a time and it only would seem like a day

How well I remember, one night in December I felt like the middle of May

I'll bet all I'm worth that when she came on earth all the angels went out on parade

No other one turned up, I think that they burned up the pattern from which she was madeOh how that German could love with a love like you see in a play

When she said, "My dear," it would ring in my ear for a year, and a week and a day

Her no was like yes, and her yes was like no it was something like yes, it was, well

When we got together ach donner und vetter 'Twas love with a capital "L"
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “General Music”