JD on the radidio

JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

We have one DJ out sick and another called away on a family emergency.

That leaves.....:D.

I have a 95% chance of polluting the airwaves tomorrow with my sarcasm.

It's mostly a music show with Doc Holiday and I will be co-hosting with various comments and interesting news stories. News reported in an extremely biased view

Here's the deal for all who care to be wooed and fascinated by my incredibly sexy voice.

Go to http://www.tropicwaveradio.net between 1 and 5 pm EDT Friday afternoon and click on Hiband or LoBand where it says What's Happening Brevard. We have an 800 number so you can call and harass me and a chat room where you'll find me as well.

I'll know by noon if I'll be on for certain. I'd really like to see some of you loons join in.

:-6
spot

JD on the radidio

Post by spot »

I'll have it playing. I hope you get a chance to mention the Garden!
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
koan

JD on the radidio

Post by koan »

JD wrote: News reported in an extremely biased view

Sounds like my kind of show :D
spot

JD on the radidio

Post by spot »

Here JD, something for you to bring into the discussion...

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchina/2 ... 897708.htm

The previous article "Golden Dragon or Sitting Duck" had this in it as background:With over a trillion dollars sitting in its exchange reserves, earning the going rate of 3 to 4 percent for US treasury bonds, barely maintaining its value in real terms, is China in danger of putting all its eggs in one very fragile basket? Recent research by Morris Goldstein of the Institute of International Economics demonstrated that despite announced changes in a revised basket of currencies the Chinese currency remains pegged to the US dollar. Why should this be worrisome?

In two words: portfolio diversification. The safety of one's savings, even for a nation, should be the paramount consideration in guiding investment strategy. But with the US current account deficit approaching 7 percent of GDP, the largest ever recorded by any country, questions arise whether this is sustainable. The flip side of this is foreign purchases of a growing share of US financial assets, now reaching 30 percent of GDP.

With any action to correct its imbalances unlikely until after the 2008 US presidential elections, will America's creditors experience a Woody Woodpecker moment? Economist Paul Krugman uses the analogy to Road Runner cartoons to demonstrate a sharp, unexpected turnaround in investor behavior. In these cartoons, Woody is chased by his nemesis, Wilie E. Coyote, who, during the chase, unknowingly runs off a desert cliff but continues running, this time over thin air. Nothing happens until Wilie looks down, realizes nothing is holding him up, and suddenly plunges to the desert floor below.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

Thanks Spot.
JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

We may discuss the worlds largest penis though.:-3
JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

almostfamous;643039 wrote: Oh, you've messed up now buddy :D

You're on.:D

JD on the radidio

Post by 911 »

Gee, thanks Jack.

I went to the website and now I can't get it off my puter. Some sort of Google thing popped up and I can't get rid of it. *sigh*
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
spot

JD on the radidio

Post by spot »

I've got it playing from http://wtwr.net/listen/live.asx in vlc. I needed to check because I've not gone looking for streamed radio before on this linux box.
JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

911;643073 wrote: Gee, thanks Jack.

I went to the website and now I can't get it off my puter. Some sort of Google thing popped up and I can't get rid of it. *sigh*

That's a first. I promise you, the bug ain't from me.

Do a scan for spyware and adware.

And stop using internet explorer for criss sake.:D
buttercup

JD on the radidio

Post by buttercup »

Give a big shout out to Buttercup would ya? :-4
spot

JD on the radidio

Post by spot »

Soberano;643203 wrote: I am listening to some looney now, is that you?:D

That's John Goldacker, also known as "Java John", and he's obviously paid his dues to the Faerie Queen at Carter Hall in his time. Way to go man, see you on the field.
buttercup

JD on the radidio

Post by buttercup »

Soberano, Spot just told me its 6pm our time for Jack's dad ;)
JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

OMG. What have I done?

Don't listen. I'm nervous enough.:-3

Guess I may as well be taking song requests.

What'll you have?
spot

JD on the radidio

Post by spot »

JacksDad;643296 wrote: OMG. What have I done?

Don't listen. I'm nervous enough.:-3

Guess I may as well be taking song requests.

What'll you have?Bob Dylan's Subterranean Homesick Blues, dedicated to the land of the free and the home of the brave.

And maybe something English if there's space? Crawl Back by Richard Thompson from his Mock Tudor CD of 1999, for everyone who might be considering an Internet Romance.
Betty Boop

JD on the radidio

Post by Betty Boop »

Soberano;643373 wrote: I am a cider drinker-The Wurzels.:wah:

Bloody dare you.:yh_chickn

:wah: :wah:
chonsigirl

JD on the radidio

Post by chonsigirl »

Where's the 800 number so I can call?:)

Someone PM me it, please............................:D
Imladris

JD on the radidio

Post by Imladris »

My computer won't load the link for me, but good luck JD xx
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
spot

JD on the radidio

Post by spot »

chonsigirl;643445 wrote: Where's the 800 number so I can call?:)

Someone PM me it, please............................:D

Click "chat" under that cat on http://www.tropicwaveradio.net/ and you're in the studio.
chonsigirl

JD on the radidio

Post by chonsigirl »

I in chat, but the laptop is not with it, I shall change machines.

The link doesn't work, soberano.

Or, it is this old laptop.
spot

JD on the radidio

Post by spot »

spot;643448 wrote: Click "chat" under that cat on http://www.tropicwaveradio.net/ and you're in the studio.

Come on guys, the chat room's slowly filling up with FG people. We need a few more.
Imladris

JD on the radidio

Post by Imladris »

Soberano;643450 wrote: Did you try the one Spot left Immy

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchin...ent_897708.htm

Works for me.:)

Tried that but my computer is not the most modern - keyboard made of wood and mouse of stone!!!
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
YZGI

JD on the radidio

Post by YZGI »

:wah: They just had a commercial for www.happycolons.com. FG people need to check it out.:wah:

JD on the radidio

Post by 911 »

JacksDad;643193 wrote: That's a first. I promise you, the bug ain't from me.

Do a scan for spyware and adware.

And stop using internet explorer for criss sake.:D
:wah:

I do spyware but it's some sort of drop down box from the toolbar.

Anyway, I have it on now from Spot's link. Are you there? Where are you? I've only been here a few minutes but all I've heard is music.

Helllloooo? Where are you?
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West

JD on the radidio

Post by 911 »

spot;643448 wrote: Click "chat" under that cat on http://www.tropicwaveradio.net/ and you're in the studio.

I see the cat but I don't see chat.

Cat, chat cat, chat cat, chat Say that three times real fast! :wah:

Mae West
spot

JD on the radidio

Post by spot »

911;643510 wrote: I see the cat but I don't see chat.

Cat, chat cat, chat cat, chat Say that three times real fast! :wah:

One link above " Florida’s Popular Space and Treasure Coast Radio program, The Matthew Bronson Show takes a giant leap forward.".

JD on the radidio

Post by 911 »

THERE YOU ARE!!!!

I HEAR YOU! WOW, sexy voice!

;)

Mae West
WonderWendy3

JD on the radidio

Post by WonderWendy3 »

spot;643512 wrote: One link above " Florida’s Popular Space and Treasure Coast Radio program, The Matthew Bronson Show takes a giant leap forward.".

I saw cat and chat, but nothing is working for me!! :-1 :-1
spot

JD on the radidio

Post by spot »

the word "chat" is clickable
WonderWendy3

JD on the radidio

Post by WonderWendy3 »

spot;643524 wrote: the word "chat" is clickable

I know, I click and it goes to a black blank screen.
spot

JD on the radidio

Post by spot »

Some of us can get it up.
JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

If you can't chat you need to update your java.

Boy am I ready for a drink.:D
spot

JD on the radidio

Post by spot »

JacksDad;643589 wrote: Boy am I ready for a drink.:Dspot raises a glass of dry scrumpy and grins

You're doing a great job in there. Only 65 minutes to go.
chonsigirl

JD on the radidio

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, that was fun!:)
spot

JD on the radidio

Post by spot »

chonsigirl;643615 wrote: Oh, that was fun!:)

You were wonderful. How about that, Chonsi's broadcast. About the butter thread. Lord knows what the world will think of us now.
chonsigirl

JD on the radidio

Post by chonsigirl »

:wah: Yes, we talked about butter!

JD on the radidio

Post by 911 »

JD, I was very impressed! You were a natural. I enjoyed what I heard of the show and I loved the music.

I will be tuning back in sometime.

Congrats for a great show! Oh, and thanks for the song! :-4

Mae West
JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

And thank you all for participating. I think I would have been more nervous had you not been there. Made me feel I was amongst friends.:-6

The boss and I went out after the show and he said that was the first time he heard me relaxed on the air.

It may happen again and sooner than you think! Only this time with Skype so everyone can call.;)

Tell you what. That's not an easy job! I'm exhausted yet I'll be up all night!

Thanks again. You made my day.:-4
spot

JD on the radidio

Post by spot »

It was huge fun being there JD, thinking of inviting us was a great move.
JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

Thanks. But next time get those requests in early. Bet I could find em all.:D

And I have some great unreleased ELP live.;)
JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

Chonsi, JD, and Doc Holiday on TropicWaveRadio.net.

Chonsi

chonsigirl

JD on the radidio

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, that is cool JD, I got to hear us from yesterday! :wah:

And we talked about butter!:wah:
JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

Here we go again.

Just got the word that I'll be back tomorrow.

Same time, same place.

Gonna spend the rest of the day looking for content that has nothing to do with parents killing their spouses and children.

And finding some very unique tunes.;)

Richard Cheese is it?

Ahh. Yes.

Got some right here.:D
spot

JD on the radidio

Post by spot »

Okay JD, if you're looking for stuff - I mentioned Terry Allen at one point, I've no idea whether he's that well known but he's impressive.

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/mus ... vation.htm has a review of the most recent CD of his that I bought.

the Smokin The Dummy/Bloodlines CD is great too. has a "listen" button to get a few bars from each track. The Lubbock Tornado might be the best known piece.

Return to “General Music”