Any Guns N Roses Fans?

RedGlitter

Any Guns N Roses Fans?

Post by RedGlitter »

Somebody "leaked" nine of their songs from their ten-years-in-the-making album "Chinese Democracy" onto the web. They were yanked yesterday but of course they're still around if you look hard enough. At first I wasn't too impressed, I thought Axl had missed his mark, didn't have it in him anymore but on further listen I retract that. I hear strains of classic GNR in the new songs. Has anyone else heard them?
Musiclover89

Any Guns N Roses Fans?

Post by Musiclover89 »

I'm a huge g'n'r fan and i havnt herd these do you mind PM'ing me the link to where you got them from Terri?
"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight', people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.' " Michael Jackson
sunny104

Any Guns N Roses Fans?

Post by sunny104 »

I love their 'old' stuff...:o I don't think I've heard any of their new music. :thinking:
RedGlitter

Any Guns N Roses Fans?

Post by RedGlitter »

Sure thing, I'll PM both of you! :)

Hang on just a sec...
Musiclover89

Any Guns N Roses Fans?

Post by Musiclover89 »

These 9 Songs really are something i love them :-6
"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight', people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.' " Michael Jackson
hamdiderot

Any Guns N Roses Fans?

Post by hamdiderot »

I like GnR but it's hard to decide about the conflict between Axl and Slash.

certainly Axl was more influential among band members, but i know that among fans Slash is much liked and respected and Velvet Revolver is doing good.

what do you think?
RedGlitter

Any Guns N Roses Fans?

Post by RedGlitter »

hamdiderot;894303 wrote: I like GnR but it's hard to decide about the conflict between Axl and Slash.

certainly Axl was more influential among band members, but i know that among fans Slash is much liked and respected and Velvet Revolver is doing good.

what do you think?

Hmm...I was never too much of a Slash fan. No particular reason why, he just never had much impact on me. I'm glad his band is a success but I admit I miss his contribution to the old GNR sound. It's still there in the new songs a bit but I think we can really tell that Slash is missing.

I have to give the new songs some more ear time, and I need to get over that "wish it was old GNR" attitude so I can appreciate them as they are.

Which of the new songs do you see as being the strongest?

:)
pillbilly

Any Guns N Roses Fans?

Post by pillbilly »

Yep I like like a lot of their music. I'm not fanatical though.
hamdiderot

Any Guns N Roses Fans?

Post by hamdiderot »

hi RedGlitter

emule can't help. i need to download the songs .only Madagascar is available and just among few users.

HELP ME PLEASE !!
RedGlitter

Any Guns N Roses Fans?

Post by RedGlitter »

Oh gosh, I never had any luck with that eMule. It only served to frustrate me. I just sent you a PM..... :)
hamdiderot

Any Guns N Roses Fans?

Post by hamdiderot »

thank u RedGlitter u'r an angel .

it was so easy (the easiest possible way + free)

but u'r right one needs some time to dive in this music

it's (the album) artfully brute and full of the frustration of failure

Maybe musically There Was A Time is the best; i like the guitar of Finck:guitarist

it reminds me of Sweet Child O' Mine

so what do you think which one u like the most (i mean the album)

Return to “General Music”