Bluegrass and country music...

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

fuzzy butt;1024380 wrote: Adorable? :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl right I'm sending them to your place for a month.:wah:

we'll see how adorable they are then:wah:

Eric clapton is cool

Oh and btw so are the Dubliners. Very lively ensemble.

Gremlins Kathy ....Gremlins:D they are in your computer right now .no no don't look, don't let them know you know they are there.

:wah::wah:

I'm sure they'd be good for me as I'd bribe them with all good kinds of beach fun...surfing, kayaking...arcades...yada,yada....

.....just kidding....I have my own family member kids here and they're not cute on a daily basis:p

Did you know that the Dubliners are family friends and John Sheehan told everyone in one of their sold out concerts that I had the most beautiful legs in the world...:-4...and sure why wouldn't he:D:p
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Kathy Ellen;1024255 wrote: I used to listen to country western music years ago and just grew tired of it.

My new car radio, XM, has so many stations that I don't have with my local radio. I've discovered "BLUEGRASS" music yesterday and love it so much because it reminds me of Irish music. The mixture of banjo, guitar and fiddle are fabulous. I'm also listening to some old country music of Hank Williams.

Does anyone have any suggestions for bluegrass or country music that you enjoy?

Thanks, I'd appreciate your help, especially if you have a video of the song or singer.

Yes Ma'am, I am full of suggestions for you have hit on my first love. Bluegrass comes from the Appalachian settlers who came here from Scotland and Ireland and it incorporates a lot of reels into it. It's not an accident you hear that. Bill Monroe always gets credit for being "the father of bluegrass" but while he made it somewhat popular to the mainstream, the true credit goes to the common people who brought the music to America.

I am partial but I would suggest you start out with Bill Monroe, Ralph Stanley and perhaps Doc Boggs. Those guys are part of the old tradition. If you're looking for something more current, try some of Alison Krause's fiddle playing or the band Nickel Creek.

I will be back in a bit to post some videos for you. :-6
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Kathy Ellen, I didn't want to mess up your thread here so I made one for you with some videos in it. It was tough to decide which ones to put up, there are so many to choose from. This is a good start. :D

Bluegrass

Return to “General Music”