What's is your favorite type of music?

samuel123

Post by samuel123 »

Hey Guys,

As title says, what is your favorite type of music?

Well, I like jazz music and love to listen jazz-flavored numbers. I also like Classical, alternative, brit pop.

What about you guys?
Who fondly known as hammer hands?
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

samuel123;1027766 wrote: Hey Guys,

As title says, what is your favorite type of music?

Well, I like jazz music and love to listen jazz-flavored numbers. I also like Classical, alternative, brit pop.

What about you guys?

into country n blue grass at the mo
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
sibyl

Post by sibyl »

I'm all over the place music-wise!! There's not much music that I don't like. I generally like a fast beat and upbeat lyrics but I can be swayed depending on the song. Today I listened to 2 CDs .. Def Leppard and Patsy Cline. I swing from genre to gentre.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

sibyl;1099679 wrote: I'm all over the place music-wise!! There's not much music that I don't like. I generally like a fast beat and upbeat lyrics but I can be swayed depending on the song. Today I listened to 2 CDs .. Def Leppard and Patsy Cline. I swing from genre to gentre.

I go the same way except country. Loath it.:wah: Love the Stones, Dave Matthews, U2 pop rock and do like some rap.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hello Samuel:-6

Why don't you start an intro thread and let everyone say hello to you.

Welcome to the garden....hope you enjoy your stay here.

I love all sorts of music...especially Irish and Fado music.

Guess my favorite music is rock and roll........

I love the Eagles, Bruce Springsteen with the E Street Band, Rod Stewart, Bee Jees....and the Buena Vista Social Club......

Buena Vista Social Club / Wim Wenders - The Official Site

Come on....let's dance to Bruce....

YouTube - BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN DANCING IN THE DARK 12" MIX Courteney Cox

Don't know too much about Jazz...tell us about some groups you like...
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Kathy Ellen;1099693 wrote: Hello Samuel:-6

Why don't you start an intro thread and let everyone say hello to you.

Welcome to the garden....hope you enjoy your stay here.

I love all sorts of music...especially Irish and Fado music.

Guess my favorite music is rock and roll........

I love the Eagles, Bruce Springsteen with the E Street Band, Rod Stewart, Bee Jees....and the Buena Vista Social Club......

Buena Vista Social Club / Wim Wenders - The Official Site

Come on....let's dance to Bruce....

YouTube - BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN DANCING IN THE DARK 12" MIX Courteney Cox

Don't know too much about Jazz...tell us about some groups you like...

Oh I love that Bruce song KE. Dancing in the dark. Crank it up!:guitarist
Odie

Post by Odie »

I love mostly everything, but despise rap, it makes no sense, its for the young kids who don`t care about lyrics!

........then there`s at boom, boom, boom!:lips::lips::-5:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
Kindle

Post by Kindle »

Country and rock. :-6

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
lovemyway

Post by lovemyway »

all over the spectrum but i like shoegaze the most.
minks

Post by minks »

Alternative Rock, Indie, some Grunge, Classic Rock, some Country, Some Tribal stuff, Swing, Big Band, yeah I am all over the place... not RAP either..... My fave band is Pearl Jam. I like Aerosmith, U2, Alice In Chains, Roy Orbison, Patsy Cline. Just a couple of my faves.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

JAZZZ, Classic rock, metal, alternative rock, worship music, contemporary Christian, Christian rock, Rock in general... songs and standards... mmm michael buble... :-4
Smoke signals ftw!
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

I have a fairly broad taste in music. I like folk music, rock 'n' roll, most styles of rock music, reggae, roots reggae, dub reggae. I also enjoy listening to classical music and lately, I've started enjoying jazz music, particularly free style jazz. There again, I have always liked Glenn Miller having been brought up on his music. There is much more that I like. I don't like rap, which seemed to grow out of roots reggae, although I liked some of Eminem's efforts.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

jimbo;1117400 wrote: i wonder if any fgers have heard of these bands

the cats eyes

and the white lines

they are both pretty much middle of the road :wah:

ok i;ll get my coat :o:o

That soooo bad its worth a clout round the ear:D
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

OpenMind;1117337 wrote: I have a fairly broad taste in music. I like folk music, rock 'n' roll, most styles of rock music, reggae, roots reggae, dub reggae. I also enjoy listening to classical music and lately, I've started enjoying jazz music, particularly free style jazz. There again, I have always liked Glenn Miller having been brought up on his music. There is much more that I like. I don't like rap, which seemed to grow out of roots reggae, although I liked some of Eminem's efforts.

Ahhh Glen Milller..... Me too, I only googled U tube 'In the Mood' last night.

I am Fanatical over 'The Stranglers' even to the point of scouring e bay for rare one's. They get played on a daily basis. Second is 'The Verve'. Mr O leaves the house when i put them on, as they seem to have that kind of effect on them. 'The Rolling Stones, I have a massive collection of as Jaggs was my girlie pin up.

But, i do have a very wide range of taste from 'Motown' to 'Duffy' of late

Mr O loves 'Abba' and then i have to leave the house or kill him.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

jimbo;1117400 wrote: i wonder if any fgers have heard of these bands

the cats eyes

and the white lines

they are both pretty much middle of the road :wah:

ok i;ll get my coat :o:o

I'd never heard of them but Cat Eyes have recorded two songs and The White Lines have made an album with 16 tracks.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

You mean you didn't Google them before your post? How unlike you to make a joke, Jimbo.:thinking:
Jet'aime

Post by Jet'aime »

Gothic

within temptation the song say my name

HIM gone with the sin

very classic!
coraven

Post by coraven »

i mostly love pop music but i also like a lil bit of R&B and Hip Hop, and a little bit of country
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Absolutely anything. New and Old. Country rarely does it for me however.

I pity the people ( and I have many friends that do ) who think music stopped being good when they reach a certain age and only listen to old stuff. Thats just nonsense

There are only two types of music

Good and bad
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Country on xm radio. :)
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Snowfire;1181282 wrote: Absolutely anything. New and Old. Country rarely does it for me however.

I pity the people ( and I have many friends that do ) who think music stopped being good when they reach a certain age and only listen to old stuff. Thats just nonsense

There are only two types of music

Good and bad

Being a Folkie I *like* listening to the old stuff - usually by new artists.

Apart from the Folk I'm partial to Heavy Metal, Jazz, Classical .........

As has been said by others, I draw the line at (c)Rap and I find very little merit in the Grunge / House / Garage / all beat and no melody types.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Bryn Mawr;1181620 wrote: Being a Folkie I *like* listening to the old stuff - usually by new artists.

Apart from the Folk I'm partial to Heavy Metal, Jazz, Classical .........

As has been said by others, I draw the line at (c)Rap and I find very little merit in the Grunge / House / Garage / all beat and no melody types.

I can often find elements of rap that I like. When you cut through the gangster crap, which is just rap for the sake of it without any effort in the structure of the music, there is often some clever, interesting stuff (Gil Scott Heron could be described as one of the originators of rap and is probably one of the most respected artist there is).

Same with House, Trance, Dance. Lots of imagination and thought.

Gotta say though I have struggled with present day garage. Most of it leaves me cold.

It does interest me how different types of music touch that particular button in our brain but the same stuff has no affect on others. Elvis is like that for me. It just doesnt press the right buttons for me

I'm always prepared to give anything a fair chance, from one end of the spectrum to the other.

BTW I had a very good conversation with someone on a music p2p site I used years ago that had a chat facility and he was convinced that heavy metal had its roots deep in jazz.I though this was a bit controversial at first but thinking about it and listening more I understood where he was coming from.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

My taste in music is hugely varied. I'm a big fan of chillout music. Bliss, Conjure One, The Dining Rooms to name a few. I listen to pretty much anything except Country, Heavy Metal or Rap :)
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Snowfire;1181673 wrote: I can often find elements of rap that I like. When you cut through the gangster crap, which is just rap for the sake of it without any effort in the structure of the music, there is often some clever, interesting stuff (Gil Scott Heron could be described as one of the originators of rap and is probably one of the most respected artist there is).

Same with House, Trance, Dance. Lots of imagination and thought.

Gotta say though I have struggled with present day garage. Most of it leaves me cold.

It does interest me how different types of music touch that particular button in our brain but the same stuff has no affect on others. Elvis is like that for me. It just doesnt press the right buttons for me

I'm always prepared to give anything a fair chance, from one end of the spectrum to the other.

BTW I had a very good conversation with someone on a music p2p site I used years ago that had a chat facility and he was convinced that heavy metal had its roots deep in jazz.I though this was a bit controversial at first but thinking about it and listening more I understood where he was coming from.

Certainly when you look at a band like Cream the jazz influence is obvious but even looking at tracks like ELP's Nutrocker or Jethro Tull's Dharma For One you can see where they're coming from.
Oscar Namechange

el guapo;1027783 wrote: into country n blue grass at the mo That'll be all the LSD your taking.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

I like rock.

Rolling Stones

The Stranglers

U2

The Verve

That gets played the most in my house although my husband leaves the house when i play the Verve and calls it 'Music to commit suicide by', but i do like 'Motown' music and some 'Chilled Ibiza'. In my strangest moments, i have even bought a 'Duffy' cd. I also like 'Chris Isaak'.

Just for the girls:

Top Totty.
Ozay

Post by Ozay »

I quite like Neil Youngs' music i think the guy is so talented. He has been producing music for decades and although he may not be as popular as the likes of say Madonna he is incredibly talented his music spans country to rock and grunge. I also like most Dance music apart from R and B and Happy hardcore. Hardcore techno used to be good in the UK in the early 90s when most tunes had a melody a begining and an end, but now it is just so repetive and there's no feeling to it plus the MC-ing on it is irritating. I like most indie and music from the late 60s and 80s stuff like the great Depeche Mode and U2 who seem to be doing okay at the moment. I quite like Bassline which is a genre of UK Garage and Grime is good too.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

oscar;1181688 wrote: Just for the girls:

YouTube - Chris Isaak Wicked Game

Top Totty.

Wow! I really liked that. :-4 Thanks for sharing. :-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

my tastes are highly varied...pending on my mood.:guitarist:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
Ozay

Post by Ozay »

I got Bruce Springsteens 'Greatest hits' on CD a couple of weeks ago i love it. I think he has done some great songs they really move me when i listen to them i can relate to what he's saying about issues like unemployment. I think my favourite track on it is Atlantic City i had never heard that song before i bought the compilation. My Hometown is quite good to that is a moving song.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Bluegrass, big band, some of everything else.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

There were so many greats. My dad had huge stacks of old recordings, mostly big bands and popular stuff of the late '30's and '40's. Some time in early '50's he sold all of them. Mom cried when he did that. They used to dance in our parlor to some of the records. But, he used the money to buy our first TV.
usernew

Post by usernew »

I like hip hop because its full of crazy and madness.:guitarist
coraven

Post by coraven »

i love pop and rock music the most. im really into a artist named keaton simons after seeing him on a talk show once. he really reminds me of john mayer and i can listen to his songs nonstop! anyone know people that are similar to him?

Keaton Simons on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Ozay

Post by Ozay »

I got My Chemical Romances' album 'Life on the murder scene' from a charity shop for £2. I was pleasantly suprised cos i really thought it might not be that good but for that price and as i had liked what i had heard of them in the charts u can't go wrong! I was chuffed only two crap songs out of 11 tracks. They are quite rocking! :guitarist

Return to “General Music”