opera lover

shanna46

opera lover

Post by shanna46 »

Well, I'm new here, and I want to know if there is anyone out there who loves Italian opera as much as I do. Puccini especially. It was always playing in my Italian household when I was a kid and now it seems I realize why my parents played it so often. Beautiful and I appreciate it all the more now. ANyone else???
chonsigirl

opera lover

Post by chonsigirl »

I love the orchestral parts the most, but then, I am a musician so of course I love it.

Welcome to FG!
along-for-the-ride

opera lover

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Hello, Shanna. Enjoy your visits here with us.

I enjoy music, but I'm not too much of an opera fan.

Here's a welcome mat for you. :)

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Mustang

opera lover

Post by Mustang »

Not an opera fan either but Welcome to FG! :-6
OpenMind

opera lover

Post by OpenMind »

Welcome to FG, Shanna. Can't say I'm much of an opera fan myself with the exception of Carmen (I know, it's not Italian).

Just wanted to say welcome to the forum.:-6
ZAP

opera lover

Post by ZAP »

Welcome! I love all kinds of music and have a sizeable collection of Opera on CD's. I love Puccini also. Your post prompted me to put on my CD "The #1 Soprano Album"--the first selection is O Mio Babbino Caro from La Boheme-gorgeous! The 12th is Tosca's Vissi D'arte. There are several Puccini selections.
Victoria

opera lover

Post by Victoria »

Hi

My late father was a real music lover so I also grew up with music as a constant background.

Pieces of music bring back so many memories, learning to play chess in front of the fire one winter, carmen playing and him singing as always.

Hiking in the woods and my dad striding along singing the Pirates of Penzance.

Christams just isnt the same without Handel's messia and the thought of him hanging the decorations whilst singing and directing the music ..decorations swing wildly as he did so.

Maybe not Itailian Opera but music and memory very much intertwined..
Kathy Ellen

opera lover

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Welcome to our garden Shanna.

Yes, I love operas.... My favorities will always be Madam Butterfly, Aida and La Boheme.:guitarist
shanna46

opera lover

Post by shanna46 »

Thank you for the Welcome, you are all most kind.

OPEN MIND: I just ordered Carmen. The music intrigued me so I ordered a video of the opera to watch.

My favorite's, well there are parts in all Puccini's operas that are simply beautiful. I have most of them on video with Placido Domingo, I am a big fan of his. Nobody does it like Domingo. Tosca and Turandot I guess I watch the most but his Otello is unmatched.

For those of you who aren't to fond of opera but gave me welcome, I thank you . And a sugestion...try just watching or listening to La Boheme. It's the best for first time opera listening.
shanna46

opera lover

Post by shanna46 »

OpenMind;1205290 wrote: Welcome to FG, Shanna. Can't say I'm much of an opera fan myself with the exception of Carmen (I know, it's not Italian).

Just wanted to say welcome to the forum.:-6

Zapata;1205315 wrote: Welcome! I love all kinds of music and have a sizeable collection of Opera on CD's. I love Puccini also. Your post prompted me to put on my CD "The #1 Soprano Album"--the first selection is O Mio Babbino Caro from La Boheme-gorgeous! The 12th is Tosca's Vissi D'arte. There are several Puccini selections.

Zapata, have the CDs going most of the time. Fills the house with beautiful music. Vissi D'arte is one of my favorites and Che Gelida Manina from La Boheme
OpenMind

opera lover

Post by OpenMind »

shanna46;1205564 wrote: Thank you for the Welcome, you are all most kind.

OPEN MIND: I just ordered Carmen. The music intrigued me so I ordered a video of the opera to watch.

My favorite's, well there are parts in all Puccini's operas that are simply beautiful. I have most of them on video with Placido Domingo, I am a big fan of his. Nobody does it like Domingo. Tosca and Turandot I guess I watch the most but his Otello is unmatched.

For those of you who aren't to fond of opera but gave me welcome, I thank you . And a sugestion...try just watching or listening to La Boheme. It's the best for first time opera listening.

I shall do just as you say.

Return to “General Music”