Are YOU down with the Clown?

abbey

Post by abbey »

TxJuggalo wrote: :guitarist all real juggalos hit me back i wanna get to know ya. :D
I'm not a Juggalo, but i'll say hiya & welcome anyway!
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

What's a Juggalo?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

abbey

Post by abbey »

BabyRider wrote: What's a Juggalo?
I googled juggalo and still dont know :confused:
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

I'm guessing it has something to do with Insane Clown Posse fans? Maybe not....Someone pass me the clue phone, please! :yh_bigsmi
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Jives

Post by Jives »

ICP is a rabid, nasty, depressing, violent, profane, death-oriented hate band. their emblem is a bloody clown carrying a meat cleaver. They exercise great influence over younger minds and are the most despicable example you could think of for your children. If you are a parent, be warned.

Whne the lead singer was asked what he thought of the fact that so many children emulated his profanity and hatred, he replied:

"So who gives a f***? I'm in it for the money and f*** everyone and everything else, I never said I was a f****** role model!"

Real sweetheart, eh? :mad:

Avoid at all costs.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Jives, that's an actual quote? I have heard of the band, but couldn't name even one of their songs. I have a 15-year old boy, and some of the stuff he listens to is questionable, but nothing like this.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Jives

Post by Jives »

I've noticed that the girls who listen to them and refer to themselves as "juggalettes" are much more promiscuous than normal.

Here are some of their lyrics, judge for yourself:

1) Carnival of Carnage: "Night of the Axe"

Chopping throats with a hatchet

Cuz they try to get me

So I took a head with me

Ran down the hall butt-naked

If you gotta life I'm a take, huh

2) The Amazing Jeckel Brothers: "I Stab People"

I order food just to stab the guy when he gets there,

I don't care

I stab anybody anywhere (uh, uh) there

I stabbed the mailman, he was pissed, he tried to mace me

3) The Great Milenko: "Halls Of Illusion"

But it's all good here, come have a beer

I'll break the top off it and shove it in ya ear

And your death comes wicked painful and slow

4) Riddle Box: "Cemetary"

Girl that make me happy, a girl that make me cry

A girl that passed away back in 1985

A girl I plan to marry, a girl I plan to wed

A girl that I can choke because my baby is already dead

5) The Ringmaster: "Murder go Round"

What can I say, man, I hit him with the brick

Killed the little *rick, him and his chick

6) The Wraith: Shangri-La: "The Raven's Mirror"

We be doing murder every day,

we be good enough to get away,

you won't even know a wicked clown has hit they door,

until your melon hit thy floor and roll away
Jives

Post by Jives »

Worse yet this sad excuse for a band is reaching cult status with it's negative hate messages.

To get an idea of what our new poster is like, since he considers himself a "juggalo" read this:

http://www.portlandmercury.com/2004-11-25/feature.html
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Wow.

Just.....wow.

Not too often am I speechless.

What utter garbage. I don't know what else to say.

Okie dokie....In response to your title question: NO!!!! :yh_sick

Txjuggalo, you forgot an option for your poll: "I wouldn't listen to this crap if you paid me or pulled out all my teeth and fingernails with rusty pliers." Cuz' that's my vote....
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Jives

Post by Jives »

Yeah...pretty disgusting, huh? I absolutely abhor people that take advantage of the innocent gullibility of the young. I despise them. You know what's hilarious? They tell people "But you have to look past our message of violence and hatred.."

To what? A message of sexuality gone bad and insane, blind, cult-behavior?!!

C'mon TxJuggalo....I'm anxiously awaiting your defense of your hate-band. :rolleyes:

And don't get me wrong, I'm not flaming you personally. I have some wonderful students, bright outgoing personalites, that have been swayed by the Dark Circus. So clue me in....what is it that you like about this kind of thing?

(10 bucks says he will reply, "You wouldn't understand, it's too deep for you.")
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

*hotsauce runs to get Bible*
pink princess

Post by pink princess »

jives

the stuff you have posted is some of THE MOST disgusting stuff i have ever had the misfortune to see

how sad their lives must be to want to 'sing' lyrics like that

and the record exec who signed them up, well there are no words.......

perhaps the band members whoever they are should go and do all the things they sing about to themselves

sickening
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
pink princess

Post by pink princess »

TxJuggalo wrote: :-5 What the hell? ICP has never said such a thing I know I'm a Juggalo it's the best s**t in the world and they don't take crap from anyone.

not exactly a polite defence!!! whered you learn to feel that agression in defence? influence from the band or have it before and then you liked tha band?

sorry TxJuggalo but whats wrong with listening to a band whose lyrics are positive?? why do you want to listen to lyrics like that?? does it cheer you up and give you a positive outlook on the world?

however i dont know you personally so cant judge and thus i return the much love :)
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

Jives

Post by Jives »

TxJuggalo wrote: :-5 What the hell? ICP has never said such a thing I know I'm a Juggalo

lol. Doesn't that make you biased? the quote came directly from your lead singer's mouth on an interview by CBS news in 2002.

it's the best s**t in the world and they don't take crap from anyone.

Well, you defend your band so eloquently and politely...I'd better rethink my stance. ROFL!

(Man, that's good sarcasm!)

If you don't know them and never heard anything from them don't judge them.

Wrong again, Juggalo. I'm intimately familiar to them, have listened to many, many of their songs, and better yet, seen first hand the damage they do to children's psyches and self-image, over a period of 11 years. I probably know more about the band and it's effect on it's fans than you do, since I'm an objective observer and trained in psychology.... Whereas you are a brainwashed, cult-programmed, anti-social groupie.

become an always growing family all around the world.

No thanks...I've seen "families" like yours before. They end up all drinking poisoned Kool-aid or blazing away in a fire during a gunfight with the FBI.

This is the real underground baby.

For good reason. Nice, honest mainstream people can't be found there. (Notice the reactions of the normal people inthis thread. Underground is a good place for rats and other vermin.

Much Love (even to all to you haters). :-4 :yh_devil

Do you even know what love is? You certainly can't get any love from your music.

After this post of yours....I rest my case!!!! :wah:
pink princess

Post by pink princess »

Jives wrote:

Well, you defend your band so eloquently and politely...I'd better rethink my stance.

good to see we think the same :)

lack of politeness in this world if you ask me and his defensive aggressive attitude goes to show whats wrong with bands like that

mind you then again i guess there can be problems caused by girl bands as the teenage girls want to be them and so act/dress a lot older than they are, but thats something else altogether

whats wrong with a good bit of beethoven huh???
life is what you make it

hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

I don't understand what a Juggalo is?

Wow...this poor clown fan...he can't keep up...he needs to throw the towel in.

This IS quite amusing though.
pink princess

Post by pink princess »

hotsauce wrote: I don't understand what a Juggalo is?

Wow...this poor clown fan...he can't keep up...he needs to throw the towel in.

This IS quite amusing though.

sounds like a male prostitute to me!!! :wah: ;) (or is that just an english term that it sounds like? giggalo - juggalo........)

he was logged into the thread earlier when i was replying but he vansihed.....
life is what you make it

hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

pink princess wrote: sounds like a male prostitute to me!!! :wah: ;) (or is that just an english term that it sounds like? giggalo - juggalo........)

That is what I was kind of thinking...male prostitute...but then I though...what the heck does that have to do with this discussion?
pink princess

Post by pink princess »

at least im not alone!! it was the first thing i thought when i read any of this

its brilliant isnt it, this group (sorry family! ;-) ) who are all so 'friendly' and 'soft' call themselves something which makes people think of male prostitutes, how can any of them take themselves seriously?!
life is what you make it

hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

Juggalo does not make me think of this....

Chopping throats with a hatchet

Cuz they try to get me

So I took a head with me

Ran down the hall butt-naked

If you gotta life I'm a take, huh

ughhh...
Jives

Post by Jives »

hotsauce wrote: I don't understand what a Juggalo is?.

here's that sad link again:

http://www.portlandmercury.com/2004-11-25/feature.html

In my time, we were as fascinated with death and estruction as all young people at that age. As soon as Ozzie bit the head off a bat, his sales soared. the same exact thing that makes Adolf Hitler interesting to young people is at work here....Evil, plain and simple.

But sometimes, when adults say that something is bad.......it really is bad. Don't smoke, don't drink and drive, and don't listen to this band. They all fall into the same category.
pink princess

Post by pink princess »

sick isnt it

see eminem has had some fairly risque lyrics but he did one song cant remember what it was called now, but it was pretty much saying to his fans that just because they hear lyrics about guns etc he ISNT encouraging them to go out and shoot someone, so even with the slightly aggressive lyrics there was actually a positive message

these guys just seem full of hate and anger

i go back to my earlier post and still reckon that they should have all their lyrics tested out on them!!
life is what you make it

pink princess

Post by pink princess »

what great names:

Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope

wonder if theyll call their children that? id be really proud if my dad was called that

i could go on about this all day, i will try and stop though
life is what you make it

hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

Quote from the link Jives provided. hehehe

Confused? So is everyone in the Expo parking lot. Brian--a shoddily painted Juggalo from Everett, Washington--explains. "It took me years to become a Juggalo. We don't know what it is. We're Juggalos." Brian stops to shout across the parking lot to a fellow Juggalo. "Hey! What's a Juggalo?" Answerless, he turns back to us. "See? Nobody knows."
Jives

Post by Jives »

LOL. See? Even "juggalos" don't know what they are. Although some ICP fans today told me that it's an offhand reference to "Gigalos" or male prostitutes. That confirms my ide that they promote casual sex.

And Skittles....shame on you! Stop that immediately! :cool:
pink princess

Post by pink princess »

sorry but i disagree, actually let me re-word that

/gets thoughts sorted!

i agree they give some kind of encouragement, but i dont believe its a positive one

the majority of people wouldnt have the sense to hear the music and not become 'wrapped' up in it all

constantly having something banging on in your ears about death and violence is going to begin to push your mind in that direction and into believing its whats 'normal'

why when people are ill do they get told to think positively?? because positive thinking promotes happiness and well-being...... surely a song like the one baz lurhman released a few years back is a much more positive message to the young people of the world today.... regardless of what you think of him the song was positive and encourgaed living life to the full, it didnt say how much fun it was to go and chop someones head of.... when i was younger i never even heard words/lyrics like that, i had my nose in a book and when it came out it was to watch something like sweet valley high on telly, my parents wouldnt even let me watch grange hill (will mean more to the brits amongst us) how can you hope to grow up and develop well rounded morals if you associate yourself with death and violence?

it may be different for the people who dip their toes into it but those who are submerged in it, well.....

its a proven fact classical music enhances the mind and promotes intelligence and its also a proven fact that this kinda of music does just the opposite..... if the people listening were adults who had been able to make a proper well-balanced decision about what to listen to it may be different but i would suspect the majority of followers are sheep..... people who want to be in with their friends....

i could of course be completely wrong

bring back TXJuggalo, hes got a lot of posts to answer!!
life is what you make it

Jives

Post by Jives »

skittles2004 wrote: I listen to ICP and i'm not all about hatred and death.

and that's true...so I'm confused. What do you get out of it, Skittles? Why would a nice person like you listen to death, destruction, murder, rape, and drug music? Is there something dark in your nature that yearns for this kind of thing? You seem to be a happy, well-adjusted teenager. Is this just a front?

One things for sure....this music is neither happy, nor well-adjusted.
Jives

Post by Jives »

TxJuggalo wrote: :yh_yinyan I hve yet to throw in the towl, on the contrary I'm ready to defend the group that I have come to love,

Ding! Ding! Round Three! Ready? Fight!:D

but I know that nothing I say can make you think any different. No, You'll go on thinking what you want no matter what I say.

Now how do you know that? I'm a very open-minded, experienced and educated person. If you can tell me, logically, why such a band is good for people, you can bet I'll listen. After all, listening is what I get paid for every day.

I don't really care what you or anyone else thinks about my music.

BUZZZZZZ!!! Sorry! Wrong answer! If you truly didn't care, you wouldn't have just stated that you want to defend your band!

:yh_ttth I love what I love. (and by the way not everyone that listens to itis bad, I have no record and am a pretty popular person. Don't judge me!)

I know for a fact that not everyone who listens to ICP is bad, I have many students who listen to it and they are very nice people. That's not what I am stating. I'm putting forth the concept that listening to death, destruction, murder, mayhem, rape, and negativity is harmful to people. it desensitizes them to violence. It makes violence more acceptable in our society...and violence should never be acceptable.

You can't tell me that it doesn't afffect you either. Just look at your profanity! It has already changed your personality for the worse. You judge yourself every time you open your mouth.

Remember the incident with the 6-year olds who kicked a fellow classmate to death on the playground in Sweden? They said they did it because they were emulating what they saw and heard on the "Power Rangers" cartoon show.

Younger minds have trouble differentiating between reality and fiction. The message of pure evil and hatred that your band spews out, gets inside young minds and changes the basic value and moral structure there.....for the worse.

What's worse your own lead singer is aware of this, and takes pride in the fact that he is hurting young people. His motivation? Money, pure and simple.

To me that takes any kind of "message" that you say you get from it and throws it in the dirt. What we have here is just a money-hungry, greedy, evil band purposely selling hatred to young people and never caring about the damage they do.

Like I said...despicable, abhorrent, detestable.

There is another class of people that prey on children and younger people and care only for their own personal, selfish needs....

We call those people child molesters.
Jives

Post by Jives »

Oh...by the way.. your signature says, "Life is not wasted, if your wasted all the time!"

Implying that you are a drug abuser. Did you learn that lifestyle from ICP?

And you have misspelled "You're" impying that you have compromised your education for your love of drugs and this band.

And you're honestly going to tell me that it hasn't affected you? :wah:
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Jives, Excellent posts. There are just so many better, more productive, and more EFFECTIVE ways to convey a "message."

Kids these days are becoming so numbed to violence!! It's just a common, every day occurence, and being numb to it, it has to follow that committing violence would not be a huge leap, or concern. Combine that with the lack of accountability, and you have a recipe for violence being totally accepted by all of society.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

pink princess

Post by pink princess »

there are always exceptions to the rule skittles and you may well be it, but surely you can see by TXJuggalos replys that his defence is fairly aggressive....... would you agree?

were not attacking him personally more the music and the effects it can have however we are all prepared to be open minded enough to accept that it doesnt affect everyone in that way, is he returning the same open mindedness? or sticking up for his band to the point of no return??

however as shown by the link jives posted the majority of followers arent like you skittles (not saying TXJuggalo is either) if you scroll to the bottom of the link page theres something about raping your first born - something like that should NEVER be said its not even a sentence that can be said in jest because its simply so despicable
life is what you make it

Jives

Post by Jives »

b4L Kinshu wrote: thats great i happen to be a friend of Juggalo's and we listen to alot of the same things...i agree that some bands have lyrics that people might not agree with but then i also think that you shouldnt judge their fans or their music.

Whoops! Sorry bud, you really should read the entire thread. We aren't judging Juggalo at all. We think his music is a bane on society, irresponsible, and downright dangerous for children. It's the music that's bad, no him personally.

yes these lyrics ARE violent...but did you ever think that MAYBE they were ANGRY when they wrote them?

So violence is OK if you're angry?! Sorry, both violence and anger are bad, bad things. Didn't your mother teach you that?

and YES i DO realize that most or even all of their songs are written in hatred and with violence in mind

Well! that was refeshing! Thanks for coming over to ur side of things. Now stop buying their records and maybe we can run them out of business. either that, or get the band labeled as obscene...which is what they are.

BUT you really should think about how you are posting because you're all talking about how he's not dfending a band that he loves politely when you people are over here posting and posting and posting about how you hate this and other bands

Dude....you're absolutely right. I do hate this band. Just like I hate anything that takes advantage of children and younger people and steals their innocence. There was a time, before this band, when you still believed in happiness, caring, and good things. But thanks to the message of this band you now believe that death, destruction, decapitation, child rape, and assault are "cool". Sucks to be you, but it's still THEIR fault.

you guys are actually quite...eh whats the word? ignorant?

So help us out, how does "I stab anybody, anytime" make sense? What if I walked up to you and stabbed you for no reason? Then in court i said I heard it on ICP's album. is that OK with you? Becuse it's not with me.

Violence isn't funny, it isn't cool, it isn't productive, nice, happy, fulfilling or ACCEPTABLE!

Your band is the most detestable example of greedy, sick...yes SICK..trash I've ever come across. Anyone who listens to it will be affected negatively, if only that they begin to think that it's not that bad (desensitized) IT IS THAT BAD!

ahh...that'll do...but you guys realize, right, that you will never change his mind about this band.

Well, of course not. He's a programmed cult-worshipper now.

people like what they like so screw off.

OOOooooooo...can't make a decent logical argument so you resort to flaming? Nice vocabulary! And you called me ignorant? LOL!

Serial killers like what they like....it doesn't make it good or right.

Child Molesters like what they like...it doesn't make it good or right.

Satan Worshippers like what they like.....it doesn't make it good or right.

ICP fans like what they like.... and what they like are songs about killing innocent people.

It doesn't make it good or right. Get it?

Some day, when you grow up and have children of your own, you'll laugh at the fact that you ever thought this stuff was cool. You find it amusing that you were ever so delusional.

Moreover, you won't let your kids get exposed to terrible negativity like this...and that makes you a hypocrite. You just don't know it yet.

and your talking about there being alternatives to this music? YOU THINK WE HAVENT LISTENED TO THAT CRAP?! THATS WHY WE DONT LISTEN TO IT! WE DONT LIKE IT!

You don't like Love? Happiness? Caring? Sharing? Peace? Harmony? Justice? Law and Order? Civility? Honesty? Integrity? Dignity? Affection?

You just admitted to everyone what an ICP fan is all about, thank you so much,I couldn't have put it better.!:D
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Kinshu, no one is judging the fans, we're judging the band. The violent, derogatory, blatant hatred is offensive. Sure, there are exceptions, not everyone who listens to this garbage will go out and slaughter babies. It's the message this noise sends that is frightening. Ignorance is not really something you are equppied to recognize. Yet. But you will. Maybe 10 or 15 years from now I hope you remember this forum and this thread and smile to yourself, recalling how vehemently you defended a band that preaches this venom and bile. And realize that you were not as knowledgeable as you thought. It'll happen.

By the way...Welcome to FG! I hope you hang with us in some other threads, too! :yh_peace
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Jives

Post by Jives »

BabyRider wrote: Kinshu, no one is judging the fans, we're judging the band.

Absolutely right! Personally, I consider the fans "victims" of this band.

The violent, derogatory, blatant hatred is offensive. Sure, there are exceptions, not everyone who listens to this garbage will go out and slaughter babies. It's the message this noise sends that is frightening. Ignorance is not really something you are equppied to recognize. Yet. But you will. Maybe 10 or 15 years from now I hope you remember this forum and this thread and smile to yourself, recalling how vehemently you defended a band that preaches this venom and bile. And realize that you were not as knowledgeable as you thought. It'll happen.

By the way...Welcome to FG! I hope you hang with us in some other threads, too! :yh_peace

Outstanding! Great post BR! I couldn't have said it better myself. :D
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

geez, i'm shocked by all these responses. people are taking this seriously? music that teenagers listen to?

time for a big clue bat: listening to violent lyrics *does not* cause people to become violent. saying 'i'll rape your firstborn' is funny specifically because it is so completely, absurdely over the top, it falls back into itself. it's hilarious! it's just what the doctor ordered for angst-ridden teens. i loved that kind of stuff when i was that age. it's the very ire that it provokes that kids love. "you shouldn't listen to that stuff it's bad/evil/violent/destructive" - is there anything you could say that would *more* encourage kids to then go listen to it??

my god people, get a clue. this same thing has been going on since the 1950's. the establishment decries something - and it creates a feeding frenzy for youth who would do ANYTHING to separate themselves from the establishment. it's in the nature of being a teenager, no longer children, but not yet adults.

briefly back to violent lyrics and violence: there's a very fundamental rule that people fail to pay attention to constantly - you see examples of it nearly daily in news reports, articles, etc, and it is pathetic that logic is not better taught in our schools. now, everyone pay attention:

Correlation != Causation

that is, correlation is not equal to causation. some kid listens to XYZ deathdestroyhate band, and then shoots up a school. so the music caused it? no! that kid is one kid out of ten million. think about it. one kid in ten million goes nutz and kills classmates. well, he was wearing nike shoes when he did the killing. ten million other kids wear nike shoes too. so the nike shoes caused him to kill? we have a correlation. he wore nikes shoes, and then killed people. there must be a connection.

of course, there isn't. and it's exactly the same with 'violent' music. for each of those kids who listens to a song and decides to rape someone, you have ten million other kids who listened to the song and....then had a stick of bubble gum.

john hinkley shot president reagan after watching martin scorcese's taxi driver. taxi driver is an incredibly violent movie. hinkley said he got the idea from the movie. so...the movie is to blame? then why haven't i tried to shoot the president, i've seen the movie a half dozen times? i'd wager well more than a hundred million people have watched taxi driver, and not one of them has emulated it. how do i know that? well, because there's only one john hinkley.

jives, i also need to address your mention of the six year old that killed a kid after watching the power rangers. a six year old isn't a sixteen year old. furthermore, you have that one example. why is it there aren't more? was it the power rangers that incited the six year old, or was the six year old already so far gone that they could have watched bambi and done the same thing?

and finally, i have to say, this is to me far more offensive than anything the band has written:

There is another class of people that prey on children and younger people and care only for their own personal, selfish needs....

We call those people child molesters.that's wrong, and unethical. say what you will about how bad you think the group's lyrics are. that's dandy. suggesting that they are on par with child molesters is really egregious. do you have some evidence that the band members engage in child molestation? you demean the *true* horror of child molestation to suggest that they are in the same class of people.

the band's lyrics are a bunch of over the top stuff that teens love. you're seriously suggesting the band members are on par with child molesters. absolutely deplorable.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

i'll note for the record, i've never heard ICP, never knew what juggalos were before this, have no particular interest in it. it's just YAARB - yet another angry rock band.

hey, the establishment condemned The Who, The Rolling Stones, Metallica, blah blah blah. same as it ever was.

the more ire you raise about it, the more kids will want it. smoking is bad for you - that makes it cool!
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
Peg

Post by Peg »

More people have killed in the name of religion than a song, a video game, a movie, etc. Guess this means we should keep our children out of churches.

Return to “General Music”