Are YOU down with the Clown?

Jives

Post by Jives »

Nice avatar, TX. Look, I'm not lying about this. I saw it with my own eyes. The Interviewer (a lady in a business suit) asked the main guy right before they were going on stage. she asked, "Aren't you afraid of the impact you are making on these childen?"

He replied (and he was in his full clown make-up), "No, I'm not a f*****g role model. I never said I was a f*****g role model and we just do this to make money!"

I was a little surprised, to say the least, that's when I formed this negative opinion of him and his band. I'd have more respect for this band if they actually believed in what they sing, but they don't.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
smarktown

Post by smarktown »

I only read about 10% of the posts on this thread, and I see that txjuggalo wanted to sound like a rebel. Let me say on behalf of thousands of FORMER Juggalos that it wasn't always like it is now. After the Amazing Jeckyl Brothers dropped, ICP went very, VERY commercial.

If you want to know more about the positivity that really exists behind the shock value, check out some lyrics to the song "Terrible" from the aforementioned album...

And then OJ's big story unfolded

Everybody watched that while Okalahoma exploded

900 good reasons why this world don't really care

Thats what it costs for a wheel chair!!

Terrible, What ya know about terrible

Terrible, you don't know what's terrible (2x)

La Di Da we gotta protest that

Cuz some rock and roll ninja bit the head off a rat

Walk in his concert and tear 'em to hell

Cuz he's so f@*#in TERRIBLE!

Mean while his record sells double and triple

Cuz of YOU whining about him rubbin his nipple

Religious? Sh!t, you helped them bands

Instead of helpin them poor people eatin outta them garbage cans

When your done with that b!t#h come protest me

Sh!t motha f@#ka I could use the money

Rebel flag, in your school

Rebel flag, in your park

Rebel flag, in your court room

Rebel flag, in your hearts

Rebel flag, stood for slavery

Rebel flag, stood for war

Rebel flag, stood for hatred

But just go ahead and hang your flag up some more

Voice Of Lame Redneck Defending Confederate Flag:

Don't worry about my god damn flag boy

Whats terrible is you damn rappers cursin

Back to ICP:

The country we live in was built by slaves

Beat at and murderd and stuffed in they graves

You put a slave owner on a 1 dollar bill

And you wanna know why I kill people!!!!

Bombs are blowin up cops are corrupt

And all ya care about is who the president f@#*ed!

You don't even know terrible, you will

As soon as our wagons come over the HILL!

This was mostly copied from sing365.com's lyrics section then re-edited for content by myself. I stuck with them because the lyrics were crazy and cartoonish in a way that no thinking, logical human could take seriously, but underneath it all there was a strong positive message that anyone could be a part of the family and anyone could feel at home with the Juggalos. It was pure, out of control fun that I haven't been able to match since they decided to mass-market themselves.

Non-smoker, rare drinker, and I have a pretty clean mouth as well. No record, and I don't steal...and I'm a pacifist. The Jeckyl Brothers tour stop at the Brewery District Pavilion in Columbus, Ohio was unspeakably fun. And nobody was hurt by it. And that's the honest truth...
BTS

Post by BTS »

And you wanna know why I kill people!!!!

Bombs are blowin up cops are corrupt

And all ya care about is who the president f@#*ed!

You don't even know terrible, you will

As soon as our wagons come over the HILL!

"but underneath it all there was a strong positive message that anyone could be a part of the family and anyone could feel at home with the Juggalos."

Yah smarktown, sounds like REAL family values?
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

[QUOTE=BTS cops are corrupt[/QUOTE] i am NOT corrupt .
BTS

Post by BTS »

lady cop wrote: i am NOT corrupt . Read the post above mine and will realize I was quoting from smarktown.

Take it up with them
koan

Post by koan »

I've decided. I am not down with the clown.

Never liked clowns. Their sense of humour is alway very base and they don't even scare me. Never liked being the class clown either. I always thought it was more valuable to show how smart I am. Or think I am, at least.

These bands are looking for an angle to make them feel unique. We are all unique. We don't need an angle. Rock bands are looking for a way to make money and be famous. That is all. They don't care about the masses. Their tactics are very base and they don't even scare me. A rock band, to my knowledge, has never been the motivation for a serial killer.

Music is like religion to me. Why listen to or believe in something that makes you feel bad or view the world in a negative light. There is lots of negativity in the world. It is not unique or original. To compare talents: Try making someone happy. It is a lot more work but much more rewarding.
Jives

Post by Jives »

koan wrote: Why listen to or believe in something that makes you feel bad or view the world in a negative light. There is lots of negativity in the world. It is not unique or original. To compare talents: Try making someone happy. It is a lot more work but much more rewarding.

Thank. You. Koan.

(Jives gives koan a standing ovation.)

That's what I've been trying to say. Negativity is bad for people, especially teens. We have enough of it in reality, we don't need more in our music. :cool:
koan

Post by koan »

Jives wrote: (Jives gives koan a standing ovation.)

First I'd like to thank all the people I know starting with....

My favourite line from what I wrote is IT IS NOT UNIQUE OR ORIGINAL to be negative. That is what bothers me most about this type of movement. All these kids who think it makes them interesting and 'cool' to be hateful of the world. Did you ever try to ask someone you hate for a favour? What will the world give back to them when they view and approach it with hostility?
smarktown

Post by smarktown »

I do recall saying something to the effect of "underneath it all, there's a good message." This means you have to INTERPRET the positive message in most of the songs.

"and you wanna know why i kill people?"

Gee, that line doesn't require much interpretation, does it?

If you can take ALL those lyrics, read through them all and see that it's promoting morality in a very, VERY subliminal way... then highlight just TWO lines out of all of it to make your critical point, then you obviously don't understand the art of interpreting music. There's no way to interpret two lines taken out of context from the rest of the song, and I see here that I must be dealing with people 30 and over who have lost all ability to reason.

Your minds are already pre-determined and your stubbornness is what makes this world so cruel and unbearable. We're not killing, we're not assaulting or raping or stealing or vandalizing... it's words to songs that we sing amongst ourselves, and that's the reason the electronics companies invented volume controls and power buttons.

You're probably the same people who think Janet Jackson's exposed nipple (which wasn't actually exposed, being covered by a metal shield, but they keep saying exposed nonetheless) harmed children because breasts are evil and sinful and will lead everyone to impure thoughts and adultery and hellfire and brimstone.

Well, maybe you're right... but if that's the case, I'll just have hell to pay, right? Excuse me... but I must go enjoy life now by just being happy with myself and not trying to silence others.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

smarktown wrote: I see here that I must be dealing with people 30 and over who have lost all ability to reason.

hahahahahaha
smarktown

Post by smarktown »

Thanks for making it easy to prove my point :)

I thought I might have to offer supporting facts...

But you done all the hard work for me by typing a laugh in large type with absolutely no reason that I'm wrong or anything to support the opposing view.

That's the internet version of a father's "Because I Said So, That's Why."
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

you think over 30 have no ability to reason? of course i laughed. i'm over 30 and a detective, my ability to reason is quite intact thankyou.
BTS

Post by BTS »

smarktown wrote: I do recall saying something to the effect of "underneath it all, there's a good message." This means you have to INTERPRET the positive message in most of the songs.

"and you wanna know why i kill people?"

Gee, that line doesn't require much interpretation, does it?

If you can take ALL those lyrics, read through them all and see that it's promoting morality in a very, VERY subliminal way... then highlight just TWO lines out of all of it to make your critical point, then you obviously don't understand the art of interpreting music. There's no way to interpret two lines taken out of context from the rest of the song, and I see here that I must be dealing with people 30 and over who have lost all ability to reason.

Your minds are already pre-determined and your stubbornness is what makes this world so cruel and unbearable. We're not killing, we're not assaulting or raping or stealing or vandalizing... it's words to songs that we sing amongst ourselves, and that's the reason the electronics companies invented volume controls and power buttons.

You're probably the same people who think Janet Jackson's exposed nipple (which wasn't actually exposed, being covered by a metal shield, but they keep saying exposed nonetheless) harmed children because breasts are evil and sinful and will lead everyone to impure thoughts and adultery and hellfire and brimstone. Hey smarktown I am over 30 and found these lyrics for all to see.

Just the titles are repulsive. I started to put in some lyrics but they were way too crude to post here.

If you want to defend this you go for it. That is your right and a right that our soldiers today and yesterday GAVE to you.

Warning!! clicking on these lyrics take you off site to explicit

ummm........garbage.......... Just my opinion smarktown, for our soldiers give me that right too.

12 Lyrics

17 Dead Lyrics

3 Rings Lyrics

Ain't Yo Bidness Lyrics

Another Love Song Lyrics

Assassins Lyrics

Beverly Kills Lyrics

Birthday Bitches Lyrics

Bitches Lyrics

Blaam! Lyrics

Blacken Your Eyes Lyrics

Boogie Woogie Wu Lyrics

Bring It On Lyrics

Bugz On My Nugz Lyrics

Cartoon Nightmares Lyrics

Cemetery Girl Lyrics

Chicken Huntin' Lyrics

Chicken Huntin' (SlaughterHouse Mix) Lyrics

Clown Love Lyrics

Cotton Candy Lyrics

Cotton Candy & Popsicles Lyrics

Crossing Thy Bridge Lyrics

Dead Body Man Lyrics

Dead Pumpkins Lyrics

Down With The Clown Lyrics

Echo Side Lyrics

Everybody Rize Lyrics

Fat Sweaty Betty Lyrics

First Day Out Lyrics

Fly Away Lyrics

For The Maggots Lyrics

**** The World Lyrics

Get Off Me Dog! Lyrics

Get Ya Wicked On Lyrics

Halloween On Military Street Lyrics

Halls Of Illusions Lyrics

Headless Boogie Lyrics

Hell's Forecast Lyrics

Hellalujah Lyrics

Hey Vato Lyrics

Hokus Pokus Lyrics

Homies Lyrics

House Of Horrors Lyrics

House Of Mirrors Lyrics

House Of Wonders Lyrics

How Many Times? Lyrics

I Stab People Lyrics

I Want My **** Lyrics

I'm Coming Home Lyrics

In The Haughhh! Lyrics

Insane Killers Lyrics

Interview Lyrics

Intro (Great Milenko) Lyrics

Intro (Riddle Box) Lyrics

Is That You? Lyrics

It Rains Diamonds Lyrics

Joker's Wild Lyrics

Juggalo Homies Lyrics

Just Like That Lyrics

Let A Killa Lyrics

Let's Go All The Way Lyrics
koan

Post by koan »

Interpretation. whew. Are we going to go down that road?

If you can find positive messages in this kind of music then I applaude you for the best example of optimism that can be shown. And when my mother told me my wheelchair bound grandfather was getting his legs amputated I said "well at least he wasn't using them. It won't be as big a life change."...so you've got tough competition.
smarktown

Post by smarktown »

Not EVERYONE over thirty has no ability to reason. It's a generalization. You know, like "people that listen to music like this are violent, desensitized lost souls."

However, I can't help but notice how many 30+ people think our attack and ensuing occupation of Iraq was somehow related to terrorists, Osama bin Ladin or Sept. 11th, 2001. People can't see that my old high school buddies are over there dying for some bloodthirsty money-hungry liar who just wanted an excuse to drop bombs and take over another country. This is the same president who said at the beginning of his term that we are not into nation-building. Thirty-plus people seem to really think that Saddam had something to do with 9/11 DESPITE the fact that himself and Osama are idealistic polar opposites. One is a greedy, self-righteous power-tripper, the other is a religious fanatic who is against greed and self-righteousness because it doesn't fit with his extreme interpretation of his religion. They hated each other, despite also having a common enemy in the US.

Funny thing is, Osama's not really so much of an enemy to us. He has done alot of business dealings with the Bush family and his family has contributed and invested alot of money into ventures related to the president. Hey, there's gotta be SOME reason we looked for him for 2 months, gave up, and put all our efforts in the "war on terror" into a country that no longer had the capability to even invade Kuwait, which is the Rhode Island of all countries. We have been there over 2 years! And we've already got Saddam...where's that 150,000 soldier hunt or Osama?

I'm only saying this because, not only does it support my idea about ability to reason, but it also is something that gets to me. Every time someone says something, they say "the troops today are defending my right to say that." The troops today are DEFENDING nothing. I support them because I have friends and relatives over there at this very moment, but I do NOT support what the president has them doing... and that is attacking and occupying. Terrorism is "use of violence for political or ideological gain." Well, I think it's obvious who invaded who, and why it was done... which makes the terrorist leader very obvious.

They're not defending our freedom at all, as a matter of fact, this whole conflict has only led to a reduction in free speech. The Patriot Act means you can be wiretapped at any time for any or no reason without court approval. It also means the government can scrutinize your library borrowing records with no reason or court order as well. When I have political bumper stickers on my car, people cuss and flip me off and rip them off my car when I am not around, because the same people that say the troops are fighting for free speech DON'T WANT US TO HAVE FREE SPEECH THAT QUESTIONS THEIR CONSERVATIVE WARMONGER. My own father told me that's treason since we're at war and I should be able to be imprisoned for it.

All these people are over 30... on the other hand, at the latest peace rally I attended, there were a few over thirty, so this is obviously a generalization and not meant to be taken as 100% always true fact.
smarktown

Post by smarktown »

So...while I can't interpret each song based on it's individual merits, and while I don't have time to go into great detail about how ICP stands for racial equality, economic fairness, and just generally being nice to each other... I'd like to offer this tidbit in addition to Terrible... this is from "How Many Times..."

Keep in mind that just reading two or three lines from any song, you can take alot out of context. From someone who USED to listen, and did so for a decade, take this interpretation as the original intention...

How many times will you honk your horn and say **** you?

Now what the **** does that do?

Ya feel better now? I didn’t let ya pass,

How ’bout I stop my car, and beat your ****in’ ass?

How many times will my neighbor beat his wife?

Somewhere in that house there’s a butcher knife.

****in’ drunk, swingin’ his fists about,

Why don’t you wait till he sleeps, then take him out?

How many times will I sit in a hot car?

Traffic jam, been sittin’ for a ****in’ hour.

Must be an accident, I hope nobody died,

Finally get there, and the crash is on the other side!

The gawkers roll by and creep slow,

Hopin’ they can see a mangled body show.

Some park, and stand there and watch it all,

With their kids, they point, and ****in’ stare! (and just look!)

Basically, be considerate on the road, don't beat people (especially those who you have emotional control over or share emotions with), don't rubberneck because it's disrespectful to the injured/dead and disrespectful to the people behind you trying to get somewhere. That's the impact of these scenarios.

If you can't see that by really reading into the lyrics, take it with this grain of salt...his violence in the song is a reference to his displeasure with people that are making this world more difficult and problematic than it has to be. He isn't really KILLING these people, he just wishes people like that didn't exist. And I do too... and hopefully we can at least agree on that.
BTS

Post by BTS »

Can you interpret this 4 me?

I am 30+ and ignorant to understanding these lyrics.......

Insane Killers Lyrics

Violent J, Shaggy, Insane Clown Posse, baby what

from New York to L.A.

from Chile to Greece

from New Ghandi to your momma

we gives absolutly no ****s

Motha ****a

natural born serial murderers

mass motha****in murderin muderers

bitch, come and meet your maker

Im scary like Michael Jaskson up close

I like diggin up dead bodies

look at me Im gross

my name's Violent J but you can call me syphillis

gonorrhea the clap cause i infected this rap

you wanna know if i could ever kill somebody

well thats like askin Charlie Manson if he's ever been in jail

I kill family, friends, myself

what, yeah, I'd kill myself if I could only survive

I tried to kill Rob Van Winkle, in fact thats how we met

I went up to kill him and he was thinkin the same ****

I pulled out a chainsaw, he pulled out and ax

I was like come-on, wait is that a Stanley, where'd u get that

it's natural and to murder, you gotta have it in you

it's like a dick all up in you, although I wouldn't now

look at us natural killas

the world most playa hated rapper

and the most hated group together like woooo!

[Chorus:]

mass murders

natural born killas

im not ****in around

icky icky ya ya

icky icky ya ya

mass murders

natural born killas

im not ****in around

icky icky ya ya

icky icky ya ya

This aint no blair witch

beware bitch

Ill pick ur mother****in brain with an icepick

remember me

the V I C E

well heres my trilogy

Im outta captivity

rap cujo ya know my flow is ferocious

last survivor with a mouth full of cockroaches

I bring this hocus pocus

you're flying away

like the last days of the mother****in loafers

I'm the redneck in the moshpit

2 axes come in handy

to answer Violent J, ya damn right its a stanley

in the shadows of the dark with darkman like spawn

in the dash blazin it up with explosive bombs

I spit homicides like major cities at 11PM

while zipping bodies in the dungeon like the line at GM

ice mixed with blood is the killers milkshake

here with the clowns from the underground it's a lyrical deathbreak

[Chorus]

Disrespect me I'll run in your house

like puffin steam stout

break both your arms, gun in your mouth

knock your teeth out with the nose of the fifth

bullets bust through the back of your head ya die swift

****in wit tha clan, watch what you say

we kill *Beep: Lame Lyric Censor*

shoot you with an SK or a AK bitch you gonna die either way

I'm a monster thoroughbred gun holding weed-head

cross me bet tomorrow you'll be dead

catch you at a show while you're chilling with your ho

and crack your skull with a bottle of Mo

I'm a Sing-Sing killer

gun groove captain

brooklyn home of the original gun clapping

gats get brung, niggas get done

sons lose fathers and mothers lose sons

I'm a killer

[Chorus]

[Screams]

[OVERDUB:] To die is a fate that must come to us all

But how horrible to be buried alive

from the darkness they shuffle eyes glazed with death

hands clawing for blood!
smarktown

Post by smarktown »

OK, here you go.

This song serves two purposes within the realm of ICP's storyline. One, it's the shock factor that exists simply to **** people off and get parents upset (see also: F*** the World) just as guys like Howard Stern do every day. That's the obvious part, and I'm sure anyone here would agree that all they see is just plain obscenity for the purpose of shock.

On the other hand, this song builds the "judge, jury, and executioner" aura of the characters Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope. The first thing you have to understand is they are, in fact, characters. The easiest way to visualize this is to look around and see how many real-life people you see walking around in face-paint. The two clowns are being sent by the Dark Carnival to warn people of impending doom or bliss, most likely doom because there is so much evil in us all. The fact is, the Dark Carnival is set up like a religion with a rapture, and when that rapture happens, you'll either go to Hell or Shangri-La. The Dark Carnival is basically the people and place that, on your "judgement day," get to determine your fate... and the fact is, they're not going to go easy on people.

If you're racist, greedy, or hateful, you're not getting into Shangri-La. You will die a cruel and horrible death. Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope are the messengers for this cruel, violent group that decides your destiny based on your own life choices, and in being so, they are cruel, violent people. There are songs in their catalog which describe this violence to clarify it (Such as this one), there are songs which describe their version of Hell (Echo Side), and their version of Heaven/Shangri-La (Pass Me By), and there are songs just written PURELY for the entertainment value of the actual Juggalos (What is a Juggalo).

You wanted it, you got it. Will you understand? Maybe you'll consider it a pretty big stretch but still, you'll somehow be able to make vague sense of it. That's all I can expect, and that's not to justify them. You're totally entitled to continue to dislike the content, and I don't blame you... I'm not here to convert you to fans, because it's NOT meant for everyone... just like any form of entertainment, it has a crowd that is interested and that's all it needs to survive. The music is profane and violent, extremely graphic material... but it's over-the-top and they're wearing makeup. It's characters in a long-running in-depth story, and that's all it is. No cult, no gang, no brainwashing, no REAL evil... just a vulgar story.
abbey

Post by abbey »

Smarktown, are you for real??
Tan

Post by Tan »

Just wanted to acknowledge all the time and effort put into this post. It was one of the first I read when I first joined. Amazing discussion on this topic. I am surprised at the outcome and # of responses. Good job!
Tan
BTS

Post by BTS »

smarktown wrote: OK, here you go.

This song serves two purposes within the realm of ICP's storyline. One, it's the shock factor that exists simply to **** people off and get parents upset (see also: F*** the World) just as guys like Howard Stern do every day. That's the obvious part, and I'm sure anyone here would agree that all they see is just plain obscenity for the purpose of shock.

On the other hand, this song builds the "judge, jury, and executioner" aura of the characters Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope. The first thing you have to understand is they are, in fact, characters. The easiest way to visualize this is to look around and see how many real-life people you see walking around in face-paint. The two clowns are being sent by the Dark Carnival to warn people of impending doom or bliss, most likely doom because there is so much evil in us all. The fact is, the Dark Carnival is set up like a religion with a rapture, and when that rapture happens, you'll either go to Hell or Shangri-La. The Dark Carnival is basically the people and place that, on your "judgement day," get to determine your fate... and the fact is, they're not going to go easy on people.

If you're racist, greedy, or hateful, you're not getting into Shangri-La. You will die a cruel and horrible death. Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope are the messengers for this cruel, violent group that decides your destiny based on your own life choices, and in being so, they are cruel, violent people. There are songs in their catalog which describe this violence to clarify it (Such as this one), there are songs which describe their version of Hell (Echo Side), and their version of Heaven/Shangri-La (Pass Me By), and there are songs just written PURELY for the entertainment value of the actual Juggalos (What is a Juggalo).

You wanted it, you got it. Will you understand? Maybe you'll consider it a pretty big stretch but still, you'll somehow be able to make vague sense of it. That's all I can expect, and that's not to justify them. You're totally entitled to continue to dislike the content, and I don't blame you... I'm not here to convert you to fans, because it's NOT meant for everyone... just like any form of entertainment, it has a crowd that is interested and that's all it needs to survive. The music is profane and violent, extremely graphic material... but it's over-the-top and they're wearing makeup. It's characters in a long-running in-depth story, and that's all it is. No cult, no gang, no brainwashing, no REAL evil... just a vulgar story. Ok here goes a 30+ers interpretation to this.

(BTS tries to visualize it, the easiest way to understand, as you say to do)

" you wanna know if i could ever kill somebody

well that's like askin Charlie Manson if he's ever been in jail

I kill family, friends, myself

what, yeah, I'd kill myself if I could only survive"

Now this is "shock" yes....... But to a 13 year old from a troubled home it might seem like reality.

I see that it could plant bad seeds in the mind of troubled youths without them even realizing it.

I am ALL against Big Brother censuring lyrics but some things just should be self censured by the artist. (common sense)

When you start talking about murder, killing, rape, crime etc....you cross the line in my opinion.

You can't think this is HEALTHY family values stuff?
Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

Man, this is an amazing thread. To read through all the posts, I needed three beers, 2 packs of smokes, and 5 potty breaks. Whew!

I personally don't not like ICP one bit. Therefore, I do NOT listen to any of their hate spewing, violent crap. Nor do I buy anything even remotely related to them.

But I am not about to start telling young people what they can and can not listen to. And there isn't a snowball's chance in hell I am going to start regulating what people can and can't sing about. Or in IPC's case, what they can scream about.

But yes you do have to draw the line somewhere. And that line is up to the teachers in the class room. The administrators running the school. But most importantly it should be drawn by the PARENTS of the kids. Know what your kids are listening to. Mominiowa was going to go to a Slipknot show until she found out what it was all about. Good for her for checking. Too many parents don't give a rat's azz what their kids are up to so long as they(the kids) don't get caught. :-5

But music is a delicate subject. One man's Mozart is another's ICP.

by the way, Jives is the friggin' MAN!! Remind me not to get into any sort of discussion or debate without researching it for at least 6 months ahead of time.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

abbey

Post by abbey »

skittles2004 wrote: Oh I LOVE THAT SONG!!!Could i ask what it is you like about it skittles, the words? the tune? the sentiment?

I'm not knocking you for your taste in music, just wondering what you see in it.:thinking:
abbey

Post by abbey »

skittles2004 wrote: I see (thinks hard into a chrystal ball) its looking hazy!!( in other words i dont know) I like the lyrics, the music itself and what it stands for. You foreget i'm a teenager. Contravorsy attracts me!Think that says it all!
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

skittles2004 wrote: ok sorry everyone but i like icp!Skittles, never apologize for liking what you like. Yep, there are some of us here, (me among them) who don't like this sort of music. Just like you probably don't like a lot of the stuff I do. I don't appreciate the violence in the words, seeing as how there is so much violence in society as it is. I use music to relax, (and in some cases to get pumped up at work). But if you like it, say so, say why, (like you did) and don't apologize for it. It's good to have beliefs and it's even better to stand up for them, no matter what others think. K? :yh_bigsmi
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

smithy87

Post by smithy87 »

I've never even heard of juggalos until this thread but it sounds awful. How could anyone want to listen or have their children listen to that crap? :-2

Sounds like a bit of a brainwashing goes on aswell
Jives

Post by Jives »

skittles2004 wrote: Your saying what they said to my grandma when she listened to ELVIS!!! Expand your horizon!

Elvis never told people to cut other people's heads off or randomly stab people on the street.

That's a big difference. :cool:
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

there are some places where no minds should be going.
next12win

Post by next12win »

Chicken hunting is another great ICP song! Forgot about that one. It's hysterical. Nothing's Left is a more serious one. Also Behind the Paint has some great lyrics.

Behind the Paint:

Just when I couldn't feel any worse

The b*tch asks me if I can paint my face first

The day i finally get to leave this land

Behind the Paint will be the shell of a used up man..

ehhhh? ehhhh??? They're regular Longfellows!
I'm against picketing. But, I don't know how to show it. - Mitch Hedberg

Winners forget they're in a race. They just love to run. -Simon Wilder
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

*hotsauce watches words fly over her head*

I don't get it. :confused:
smarktown

Post by smarktown »

next12win wrote:

Just when I couldn't feel any worse

Behind the Paint will be the shell of a used up man..

Though I stopped listening before this song, judging by the lyrics and my knowledge of the Dark Carnival, I'd say this is probably Violent J, and he's most likely discussing how empty he feels as a normal human being because the world knows him as the painted clown in his gimmick. He's about to hook up with a girl and she wants him to be Violent J, the character, not Joe, the person. This is an incident which symbolizes what he deals with daily, and behind the paint, that person is just a shell of a man because there's no "person" there to most people he encounters.
smithy87

Post by smithy87 »

skittles2004 wrote: I can already tell who your friend is!!I agree these guys are taking the music to seriously! Jives tell me of one person who takes them seriously!!

Well what does he mean when he says he likes 'what they stand for'

what do they stand for? :-3

Am I wrong to assume he means he shares their views? And if so what are their views? If their music lyrics are anything to go by we should be worried :(
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

smarktown wrote: Though I stopped listening before this song, judging by the lyrics and my knowledge of the Dark Carnival, I'd say this is probably Violent J, and he's most likely discussing how empty he feels as a normal human being because the world knows him as the painted clown in his gimmick. He's about to hook up with a girl and she wants him to be Violent J, the character, not Joe, the person. This is an incident which symbolizes what he deals with daily, and behind the paint, that person is just a shell of a man because there's no "person" there to most people he encounters.

nice interpretation. you should call yourself "smarttown" not "smarktown". ;)
smarktown

Post by smarktown »

LOL thanks hotsauce... Actually "Smarktown" comes from the name of a one-time quite popular professional wrestling editorial website I created. Believe it or not, the word "smark" is a combination of the words mark (someone who really gets into the show to the point where it becomes their reality) and smart. For awhile, the wrestling fans who knew alot of the "backstage, behind the scenes" stuff but still couldn't stop watching the shows were known as "smart marks," which later became smarks. Then, we all needed a place to go... and since "SmackDown" is a well-known wrestling catchphrase and show title, "SmarkTown" was born.

Too bad it died about a year later due to time constraints! :-P

And for a very clear example of what is meant by "backstage" stuff, most people don't know that Paul Levesque (known as Triple H) married Stephanie McMahon (owner Vince's daughter) on October 25th a couple years back. This happened long after their televised "break-up" which was unrelated to the real relationship.
Jives

Post by Jives »

next12win wrote: Just when I couldn't feel any worse

Before they have sex, promoting promiscuity.

Behind the Paint will be the shell of a used up man.

I'll be used up because of all the negativity and hatred I've been spouting. Then I'll die. Not a happy fate. this is my point, anyone can interpret these lyrics in any number of ways, but those ways are usually oppressive and heinous.

Two things that are bad for sensitive young people.
Jives

Post by Jives »

Why not interpret these lyrics for me? And while you're at it, try again to tell me why you think this kind of trash is good for young minds. Please...I need a laugh.

Fact is, you can rationalize, you can coerce, you can scream "freedom of expression", and say, "It's not that bad." But you and I know the truth. Negativity, depression, and violence is not only not good for kids, it's not good for anyone!

You defend darkness and death, I'll defend light and life. We'll see who wins in the end.

By Insane Clown Posse

[Violent J]

(Even his name glorifies violence)

I want a hole in my forehead

And blood pouring on the floor

Cause I'm so dirty

****in' dirty and shoddy

Nice. Just what I want my innocent grand-daughters to hear.

It's so much easier to die

Than to get by

Gee...doesn't everyone here just feel like this is an excellent message to send to kids? Oh, I forgot, I'm supposed to read past that message to the" inner message". What freakin' INNER MESSAGE?!! This line tells kids to kill themselves! Or do you Juggalos have some other "interpretation" of this manical idiocy?

[Violent J]

If I'm gonna die

I'm taking you with me

Well now, how lovely. Doesn't this urge people to kill? If Islamic Fundamentalists wrote this, we'd label them terrorists! But this "band" and MAN , do I use the term loosely here, sells this insidious mind-bending refuse to our children everyday.

[Shaggy 2 Dope]

Who's name urges drug abuse and all the destruction that brings. Which reminds me, do you do drugs, Juggalo? If you do, no wonder you're confused about what's right and what's wrong. I wonder how many of this band's follower's are drug addicts?

I don't wanna build my life

I wanna bloody my knife

Are you seriously telling me that you think this is right? Good? Even acceptable? Not in my book it's not, and the book's title is "Common Decency". You've probably never read it, though.

I'm f****n' stalkin' you

Don't wanna fix myself

I wanna nix myself

I don't wanna try to change

Just wanna fry my brains

Don't wanna slow s**t down

I wanna throw s**t around

I don't wanna run nowhere

Don't want no one to care

Don't want another crack at it

I'd rather be a crack addict

I don't wanna look for help

Don't wanna help myself

I don't wanna even try

To get by.

Wake up. Being a crack addict isn't glamorous, killing yourself isn't interesting or cool, and vandalizing property is a crime. This deluded so-called "music" is just a saddening, depressing, assault on civility, decency, and courtesy.

Like I've said before, this will not make you feel better, will not make life easier to deal with, it will not help anyone in any way.

It's pure filth. :cool:
next12win

Post by next12win »

Jives wrote: endless rambling..

Step 1: Take it easy. We're talking about two guys who paint their faces and rap.

This stuff isn't suppose to be for everyone, and it isn't for everyone. If parents let young kids listen to it, well that's their fault as parents. If I had kids, they wouldn't be listening to ICP. I think all music has some artistic value. I get enjoyment from almost every kind, except "house"... still haven't gotten the reason for its existance, but that's for another time.

I think ICP is hilarious. To me they are characters like you see in any horror movie when they talk about House of Illusions or songs like Terrible. They have some funny stuff and some serious stuff too. But mostly they're just beatniks who are good at marketing.
I'm against picketing. But, I don't know how to show it. - Mitch Hedberg

Winners forget they're in a race. They just love to run. -Simon Wilder
Jives

Post by Jives »

next12win wrote: Step 1: Take it easy. We're talking about two guys who paint their faces and rap.

And tell children to kill themselves, and do drugs, and randomly stab people, and be violent. Don't downplay it, you are defending these things.

If parents let young kids listen to it, well that's their fault as parents.

funny thing about that. The kids were talking about an "R" rated movie that came out the other day. i asked them how they saw it, since none of them are even close to 17, they said the ratings system is a joke and they can get their hands on anything they want out there. Be realistic, there's no way to keep this sinister stuf out of their hands short of banning this obscenity. And that's what it is...Obscene!

If I had kids, they wouldn't be listening to ICP.

Hypocrite. But it's OK for other people's children is that it? Your complacency and apathy is a big part of the problem, sir.

I think ICP is hilarious. To me they are characters like you see in any horror movie when they talk about House of Illusions or songs like Terrible.

YOU AIN'T EVEN BEGUN TO EXPERIENCE DRAMA, M****RF****R.

YOUR MAMMA,

YOUR M******RF*****G BIG FAT CHICKEN FACE A*S MAMMA,

DONT EVEN KNOW ABOUT THIS DRAMA, M******RF*****R!

Dead in the grass with his, d**k in his a$$

Because Micheal Jackson squeezed up on some little kids b**ls

[Chorus - Violent J]

(YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S TERRIBLE) [x2]

Yeah she's so terrible you gotta beat her you B***H-ASS WACK M*****RF******R!

Heroin and a shotgun, a hero is made!

And you wanna know why I KILLLL PEOPLE!

[Chorus repeats to end]

You seriously think child molesting is funny? Murder is funny? Profanity is funny? Drug abuse is funny? You think exposing young childen to this vile trash is funny? Yet you say you wouldn't expose your own children to this. i say again, You are a hypocrite of the worst kind.

A purveyor of profanity, you endorse this vileness through you patent lack of caring. "Sure the world's screwed up, but it's ok, as long as my children aren't exposed to it. You think they won't be expsed to it anyway? The only way to stop it is to ban it. This isn't art any more than a statue of the Virgin Mary covered with feces is.

When you own little daughter comes home, dressed in black, with 16 piercings and tells you that she's running away with her 30 year old boyfriend, even though she's only 15, you'll wonder what you did wrong as a parent....come back here then and rethink your position.

They have some funny stuff and some serious stuff too. But mostly they're just beatniks who are good at marketing.

They are greedy, selfish, insidious men who have chosen for a target of their profanity, violence, and sex, young, innocent children. They are the most despicable and abhorrent kind of evildoers imaginable..

and you are defending them.

Return to “General Music”