Billy Idol The Stranglers Live In Athens, Greece (Jun 18 2010): What Happened?

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

The Stranglers, known to Greek audiences from their successes "Golden Brown" and "No More Heroes", go up on stage after a sold out show at Fuzz earlier this year. But the world had come to their owners with black and so despite the greatest hits setlist of presentations, the public response was very warm. Certainly not helped either the sound or the arrival of the world which culminated with the Stranglers were in the mid 75' set them. The band can not play at its headquarters but has the material admirably, despite the technical difficulties he has done a worthy role in support, although support may assume a shape to play more than one hour.

At 22:30, the scene appears, then, of course, the necessary introduction, the Billy Idol and deifies than 3,000 people had now taken their seats, ready for a flashback to the '80s.

With an ally rather than adversary this time around, the sound of your favorite "bad boy" of punk, the mainstream press, fails to win the public from the outset. The setlist was a mix of classic songs like "Dancing With Myself", "Flesh For Fantasy" and "Sweet Sixteen", newer songs like "Scream", cover versions ("Twenty Flight Rock" to Eddie Cochran) o Idol but we showed and three new compositions of "Love Is Strange", "Don't Shoot the Messenger" and "Kings And Queens Of The Underground".

Certainly they deserve much credit and musicians who shared the stage with the Idol. Apart from Steve Stevens, for whom he had made enough stir, after the tour posters, specific reference to its name, the band complements and other names familiar to fans of hard sound like Jeremy Colson on drums (Steve Vai), the Billy Morrison (ex-The Cult) as a second guitarist and of course Derek Sherinian on keyboards. Of them enjoyed a performance evaluation and ala-Flamenco guitar solo of Steve Stevens impressed many.

After a busy first part, which ended with "Rebel Yell" and the public cries "more, more, more" by Billy left the stage briefly to return triumphantly to "White Wedding" and "Mony Mony" making full Tae Kwon Do to dance like they were in 1982.

A busy schedule of both formats, with a total length of more than three hours, some glitches in the sound, which fortunately resolved and an intense happiness he gave us this weird 'journey' in 80s. And finally there is no justification for the preference of many for this decade that gave birth to several artists whose songs will always sing.

Greece website for Billy Idol & The Stranglers Discography & Lyrics:

discoogle.com/wiki/Idol%2C_Billy_Discography

discoogle.com/wiki/Idol%2C_Billy_Lyrics

discoogle.com/wiki/Stranglers%2C_The_Discography

:guitarist
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

Alexis;1318203 wrote: The Stranglers, known to Greek audiences from their successes "Golden Brown" and "No More Heroes", go up on stage after a sold out show at Fuzz earlier this year. But the world had come to their owners with black and so despite the greatest hits setlist of presentations, the public response was very warm. Certainly not helped either the sound or the arrival of the world which culminated with the Stranglers were in the mid 75' set them. The band can not play at its headquarters but has the material admirably, despite the technical difficulties he has done a worthy role in support, although support may assume a shape to play more than one hour.

At 22:30, the scene appears, then, of course, the necessary introduction, the Billy Idol and deifies than 3,000 people had now taken their seats, ready for a flashback to the '80s.

With an ally rather than adversary this time around, the sound of your favorite "bad boy" of punk, the mainstream press, fails to win the public from the outset. The setlist was a mix of classic songs like "Dancing With Myself", "Flesh For Fantasy" and "Sweet Sixteen", newer songs like "Scream", cover versions ("Twenty Flight Rock" to Eddie Cochran) o Idol but we showed and three new compositions of "Love Is Strange", "Don't Shoot the Messenger" and "Kings And Queens Of The Underground".

Certainly they deserve much credit and musicians who shared the stage with the Idol. Apart from Steve Stevens, for whom he had made enough stir, after the tour posters, specific reference to its name, the band complements and other names familiar to fans of hard sound like Jeremy Colson on drums (Steve Vai), the Billy Morrison (ex-The Cult) as a second guitarist and of course Derek Sherinian on keyboards. Of them enjoyed a performance evaluation and ala-Flamenco guitar solo of Steve Stevens impressed many.

After a busy first part, which ended with "Rebel Yell" and the public cries "more, more, more" by Billy left the stage briefly to return triumphantly to "White Wedding" and "Mony Mony" making full Tae Kwon Do to dance like they were in 1982.

A busy schedule of both formats, with a total length of more than three hours, some glitches in the sound, which fortunately resolved and an intense happiness he gave us this weird 'journey' in 80s. And finally there is no justification for the preference of many for this decade that gave birth to several artists whose songs will always sing.

Greece website for Billy Idol & The Stranglers Discography & Lyrics:

discoogle.com/wiki/Idol%2C_Billy_Discography

discoogle.com/wiki/Idol%2C_Billy_Lyrics

discoogle.com/wiki/Stranglers%2C_The_Discography

:guitarist I have never actually seen The Stranglers live but i know someone who has. I also know someone who has lived and breathed The Stranglers since their first appearance in Battersea Park in the mid 70's. I live my simple life among the many dvd's and cd's that must be played on surround sound most days of the week. I go to bed with a poster of Jean Jaques Burnel above my bed.

The expert on The Stranglers can't be here today to advise me on your post but i'm sure she will when she gets home and will read it with great interest. The problem today with The Stranglers, and i'm no expert, having just gleaned imfo along the way, is the departure of Hugh Cornwell to most Stranglers fans yet in my humble opinion, the time The Stranglers were at their finest was during the reign of Paul Roberts and John Ellis. I don't discount Cornwell's ability on lead guitar but watching the dvd of The Royal Albert Hall performance ten years ago, John Ellis has to be the finest lead guitar i've ever seen. The Stranglers in my opinion took a huge step backwards when both left the band and Baz Warne stepped into the main again. ( I understand he covered for Hugh initially when Hugh was in prison, or was it when Jean Jaques Burnel was in prison?)

Re: your post, one thing i can state with conviction is that thousands of British fans still travel abroad regually to see The Stranglers and trust me, should they not cover any of the previous album tracks, those Stranglers fans would be baying for blood. It sounds to me like The Stranglers did what they do best which is keep their fans happy.

Return to “General Music”