Gaga sells a rip off

koan

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by koan »

Is Lady Gaga's "new" song Born This Way a rip off of Madonna's Express Yourself or an homage? Either way, Gaga isn't denying that she stole the tune. Apparently Madonna's people have sent her an email saying it's cool. Does that make it right?

I like Gaga. I wish her well. I wish that she did her homage on a B track instead of the title song of a new album that she declares is an anthem for a new generation. I'm sure the new generation would prefer to have their own tune as well.

YouTube - Lady Gaga - Born This Way vs. Madonna - Express Yourself (Mashup Mix)
TruthBringer

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by TruthBringer »

Lady Gaga is a joke. She couldn't get fame and fortune when she was drugged out of her mind while she was doing little shows here and there back before she became well known and she admits as much so she basically turned to the "spirits" (how many f-in musicians are going to use that reference anyways), and basically sold her Soul to the same people that they all do for popularity.

Listen to her own words: YouTube - Lady Gaga SHOCKING Illuminati CONFESSION!!! (Interview)

Madonna isn't any better. She did the same thing basically to get her fame and fortune.
Link removed by moderator
TruthBringer

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by TruthBringer »

Signs And Symbols Rule The World Freemasonry/Illuminati Exposed: YouTube - Signs And Symbols Rule The World Freemasonry/Illuminati Exposed
TruthBringer

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by TruthBringer »

Satanic ILLUMINATI ? FULL DOCUMENTARY: YouTube - Satanic ILLUMINATI ? FULL DOCUMENTARY
TruthBringer

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by TruthBringer »

JAY Z ILLUMINATI RAP DISS!!! (He Got 'Explainin' to Do'): YouTube - JAY Z ILLUMINATI RAP DISS!!! (He Got 'Explainin' to Do')
Bruv

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by Bruv »

I fear you might be taking 'things' too seriously Truthbringer

Sorry.......... TruthBringer (wonder what the symbolism of the capitalisation within your name means ?)
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
TruthBringer

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by TruthBringer »

No such thing as taking things too seriously. You either take something seriously, or you don't. In this case I do.
TruthBringer

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by TruthBringer »

ILLUMINATI a myth? Full Documentary: YouTube - ILLUMINATI a myth? Full Documentary
gmc

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by gmc »

If you only played music that was wholly original an awful lot would be lost. Besides, on a more serious note, Madonna ripping off abba is unforgiveable.
TruthBringer

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by TruthBringer »

Not sure if it works anymore, but for awhile if you typed in illuminati backwards followed by .com - it would take you to the USA's National Security Administration.
Snowfire

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by Snowfire »

TruthBringer;1354180 wrote: Not sure if it works anymore, but for awhile if you typed in illuminati backwards followed by .com - it would take you to the USA's National Security Administration.

Well, they're as daft and as paranoid as the rest of you.

I think this thread should stay on the topic of Lady Gagas music.

I happen to think she brings a certain eccentric, left field quality to the pop scene. Pop should never be taken very seriously. Its a here today gone tomorrow, throwaway culture.

There are similarities in the two tracks and so long as Madonna doesnt mind then all's good. Most pop music very simple and by default is interchangable. There have been many examples, one of which if memory serves me correctly, was No 1 in the US not so long a go (I'll see if I can track it down). If it entertains then it has done it's job and Lady G certainly does her part
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
TruthBringer

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by TruthBringer »

Snowfire;1354186 wrote: Well, they're as daft and as paranoid as the rest of you.

I think this thread should stay on the topic of Lady Gagas music.

I happen to think she brings a certain eccentric, left field quality to the pop scene. Pop should never be taken very seriously. Its a here today gone tomorrow, throwaway culture.

There are similarities in the two tracks and so long as Madonna doesnt mind then all's good. Most pop music very simple and by default is interchangable. There have been many examples, one of which if memory serves me correctly, was No 1 in the US not so long a go (I'll see if I can track it down). If it entertains then it has done it's job and Lady G certainly does her part

Well yeah if you love the Devil and blatant blasphemy against Jesus than by all means please buy her music and share it with your children. Atheists and Satanists unite and dance around holding hands while listening to Lady Gaga.

As for me, I won't ever purchase one of her cds in my life. And if I hear it on the radio I'm switching the channel immediately. She's practicing filth. It's not art. It's filth.
gmc

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by gmc »

TruthBringer;1354180 wrote: Not sure if it works anymore, but for awhile if you typed in illuminati backwards followed by .com - it would take you to the USA's National Security Administration.

do you mean itanimulli.com or illiminatibackwards.com

Actually i just tried itanimulli.com and he's right!!:-2

You learn something new every day. Why do the secret service all carry identification it does seem to rather miss the point about beimng a secret.

Jesus isn't real you know he was made up by the illuminati so they could rule the world.

I like lady gaga at least she's original, bit like david bowie except she's a bloke and american and looks better in a leotard. I remember when you couldnl't admit you liked david bowie because everybody would think you are gay. Now wearing a basque and going to the rocky horror show is a cool thing to do.
TruthBringer

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by TruthBringer »

gmc;1354191 wrote: do you mean itanimulli.com or illiminatibackwards.com

Actually i just tried itanimulli.com and he's right!!:-2

You learn something new every day. Why do the secret service all carry identification it does seem to rather miss the point about beimng a secret.

Jesus isn't real you know he was made up by the illuminati so they could rule the world.

I like lady gaga at least she's original, bit like david bowie except she's a bloke and american and looks better in a leotard. I remember when you couldnl't admit you liked david bowie because everybody would think you are gay. Now wearing a basque and going to the rocky horror show is a cool thing to do.

Well in my opinion, it doesn't matter who did it or why it brings you there. The point is that it's right on the money. The NSA is an offshoot of the Illuminati. It's no different than the CIA, the FBI, or any other corrupt faction of the government at least when you get to the higher levels of those organizations.

Also, you're wrong about Jesus. It's not Jesus that the Illuminati follows it's Lucifer. Look it up that is their "god". They despise anyone who believes in Jesus because they know they have no power over The Cross/The Holy Spirit. They have infiltrated nearly every religion from the beginning of their inception in order to bring it down so that one day when the time is right they can install their New World Order and place their own religion as the only religion allowed which would most definitely be the Luciferian religion which all Illuminists are a part of today.

You can learn more about that here from The Life of Svali – an Ex-Illuminati Mind Control Programmer: Svali Speaks!

No one in the top structure of the Illuminati would ever openly or even privately mock the Holy Spirit for they know the nature of such an act and what it would mean for them to do so. They instead choose to ignore any conversation about IT for IT might lead many of their members astray.

Mark 3:28-30: “Truly I tell you, people will be forgiven all their sins and all the blasphemies they utter. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, but is guilty of an eternal sin. He said this because they were saying, ‘He has an evil spirit’.”

There are some things you can never take back once they are said.

Matthew 15:11: Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
Bruv

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by Bruv »

Would I be damned for finding Lady Gaga an amusing entertainer ?
TruthBringer

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by TruthBringer »

Bruv;1354226 wrote: Would I be damned for finding Lady Gaga an amusing entertainer ?

You might want to start asking yourself about what it is that she is doing that you find so "entertaining". What, hanging herself by her neck and spraying blood all over her? Painting upside down crosses on her pubic hair area and then having a mock Satanic orgy?

Is it her wonderful sense of head gear with Satanic goat head horns and such which is what is used in real Satanic rituals where they sacrifice children, abuse them, etc?

I mean I don't know....if you're headed in that direction for your entertainment than it might indeed one day lead you to being "damned" but probably not exactly the way you would imagine that word to mean.
Richard Bell

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by Richard Bell »

TruthBringer;1354139 wrote: Signs And Symbols Rule The World Freemasonry/Illuminati Exposed: YouTube - Signs And Symbols Rule The World Freemasonry/Illuminati Exposed

. . .

Richard Bell

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by Richard Bell »

I like Lady Gaga. She's a cool, freaky cultural icon, and a welcome change from the bland,earnest white bread drivel that all those "Idol" type shows have produced that has McDonaldized pop music.

It's all image, the music is secondary, so as long as she keeps her freak flag flyin', she can sing anything she wants.

It's all good (or evil, if you see satanism in every mundane thing.)

:yh_devil :yh_nailbi :yh_devil
Bruv

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by Bruv »

I will second that remark.
koan

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by koan »

I'm not so much concerned with what she does to be weird and get attention, I'm more concerned with her artistic integrity as a musician. It's not just a song on an album that happens to sound like another, nor a B track that she did as an homage. This is a song that she announced the title of a year ago when she was accepting a grammy, claimed was going to be the anthem of a new generation, and is the title track off her latest album. She released the lyrics in advance and saved the tune as a final triumph. She built suspense then a)let everyone down or b)pulled an Andy Warhol move selling the public a load of crap and getting away with it by making us think it was good.

I like Gaga and I like Warhol but I'm not one of those fans that thinks what they did was "good art" I just think it's admirable how they got away with it... and knew they'd get away with it.
Bruv

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by Bruv »

To be frank koan, I think both you and TruthBringer read far far too much into it, she is an entertainer, out to get your attention and she does it very well.
koan

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by koan »

That's a strange notion. The internet is buzzing with industry people making the song comparison and asking what the heck she is doing. She replied that Madonna's people have given her their blessing and she's the biggest Madonna fan out there.

I'm not reading anything "into" it, I'm reading the news.
flopstock

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by flopstock »

There was something similar about the latest britney spears song. Seems like every time there is a popular song, there is background drama. Might just be part of the hype to capture an audience.

But if madonna doesn't care, why should anyone else?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

koan

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by koan »

I'm suggesting they should care because of the whole "anthem for a new generation" bit.
Bruv

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by Bruv »

koan;1354271 wrote: That's a strange notion. The internet is buzzing with industry people making the song comparison and asking what the heck she is doing. She replied that Madonna's people have given her their blessing and she's the biggest Madonna fan out there.

I'm not reading anything "into" it, I'm reading the news.

You are not reading 'News' you are responding to hype.

Maybe you shouldn't.
koan

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by koan »

Actually, it was in the news.

Maybe I shouldn't think at all.

Maybe we should all close our eyes and remember the world is just an illusion so it doesn't matter what we think or say except for the plot line would suddenly cease to exist and the characters would be rendered meaningless.
flopstock

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by flopstock »

koan;1354288 wrote: Actually, it was in the news.

Maybe we should all close our eyes and remember the world is just an illusion so it doesn't matter what we think or say except for the plot line would suddenly cease to exist and the characters would be rendered meaningless.

Was that a lennon song?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Snowfire

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by Snowfire »

DJ Earworm demonstrates very well how interchangeable pop music is. When given a common beat it can be mixed seamlessly, purely because most pop is manufactured to a formula. Composers stick to certain rules to formulate what the record labels thinks has that catchy, commercial quality. It's rare to find pop music that is truly unique

"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Bruv

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by Bruv »

koan;1354288 wrote: Actually, it was in the news.

Hope I havn't upset you.

As 'News' it isn't very high on my 'worthy to worry about' list, we are all different I suppose.
LarsMac

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by LarsMac »

koan;1354268 wrote: I'm not so much concerned with what she does to be weird and get attention, I'm more concerned with her artistic integrity as a musician. It's not just a song on an album that happens to sound like another, nor a B track that she did as an homage. This is a song that she announced the title of a year ago when she was accepting a grammy, claimed was going to be the anthem of a new generation, and is the title track off her latest album. She released the lyrics in advance and saved the tune as a final triumph. She built suspense then a)let everyone down or b)pulled an Andy Warhol move selling the public a load of crap and getting away with it by making us think it was good.

I like Gaga and I like Warhol but I'm not one of those fans that thinks what they did was "good art" I just think it's admirable how they got away with it... and knew they'd get away with it.

I think what she did was apropriate, given the trends in music and film, these days.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
koan

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by koan »

Bruv;1354297 wrote: Hope I havn't upset you.

As 'News' it isn't very high on my 'worthy to worry about' list, we are all different I suppose.
Upset? No, Gaga has potentially upset me. You've merely just provided amusement. It's news, it's not news, why worry? It's called conversation.

Snowfire, that video was not really proving anything except that you can take a lot of different songs, put a single beat down and sample one or two words from each to construct a new song. It's done all the time and the songs actually sound much different.
koan

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by koan »

For clarification: I missed the grammies so I read a review, heard Gaga arrived in an egg, in which she'd spent three days, emerging from the egg, which she calls a vessel, to sing a drab rendition of her new song. I couldn't find clips from the show on youtube of the bits that were supposed to be good but they had Gaga's performance. I started watching it, had to stop about a minute in to google "Gaga born this way madonna" to see if it was just me. I got so many results, including news clips and interviews with her that I never went back to finish listening to the performance. I read quite a few to ascertain that she has acknowledged the rip off and her defenders don't have a philosophical explanation other than "so what?" or "who cares?"

I wouldn't care if it was just one track from an album. Lada Gaga calling this song the anthem for the new generation and hyping it for a year as her best album yet is where I find exception. She has also claimed to be an expert in fame, that's why I hold her responsible for the error.

What she's accomplished is astounding and she definitely has talent. She'll survive this mistake like Fergie survived peeing herself on stage. I just hope she follows it up with something better.
Richard Bell

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by Richard Bell »

koan;1354268 wrote: I'm not so much concerned with what she does to be weird and get attention, I'm more concerned with her artistic integrity as a musician. It's not just a song on an album that happens to sound like another, nor a B track that she did as an homage. This is a song that she announced the title of a year ago when she was accepting a grammy, claimed was going to be the anthem of a new generation, and is the title track off her latest album. She released the lyrics in advance and saved the tune as a final triumph. She built suspense then a)let everyone down or b)pulled an Andy Warhol move selling the public a load of crap and getting away with it by making us think it was good.

I don't think she has a lot of artistic integrity as a musician, and that's not a criticism of her act.

She's the prime example of selling the sizzle, not the steak. LGG is all sizzle, almost no steak.She sizzles well, and that's all that really matters.

As far as announcing to the world that you have written an anthem for a generation, that's just silly.Such things are adopted by the culture, not mandated upon them."We'll Meet Again" by Vera Lynn was taken to heart by the British during World War II. The Baby Boomers made Bob Dylan's "The Times They Are A-Changin'" their anthem,not the other way around. The U.S. civil rights movement did the same thing with Same Cooke's "A Change Is Gonna Come" around the same time.Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" became an anthem for a subculture in the 1980s. So it goes.

Best LGG can do is put her work out there and see if it sticks.Taking her as a package, she's the poster girl for a new generation.Her music alone? Not so much.

ETA:Just thought of Marilyn Monroe. Pretty woman, OK actress, but that wasn't her mark on society.

Marilyn was the embodiment of sexuality in the 1950s. Posing nude in the first issue of Playboy, her suggestive looks and body language throughout her short life was the perfect icon for the sexual revolution.

If you watched her movies today and listened to her so-so singing voice, you'd wonder what all the fuss was about, and why the president of the USA would risk everything just to have her.Thing is, there was a lot more going on with Marilyn, and I think the same could be said of LGG,too.inasmuch as both women flaunted the uptight sexual morals of their times.
Bruv

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by Bruv »

koan;1354360 wrote: She'll survive this mistake like Fergie survived peeing herself on stage.

Accidents do happen
koan

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by koan »

re: sizzle vs steak; yeah, I think the warhol comparison is likely a good one. he made a living making fun of people and how easily they're influenced. he also made "fame" his specialty.
flopstock

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by flopstock »

koan;1354360 wrote:

What she's accomplished is astounding and she definitely has talent. She'll survive this mistake like Fergie survived peeing herself on stage. I just hope she follows it up with something better.

What could possibly be more entertaining than that?

yaaarrrgg

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by yaaarrrgg »

There's probably a million songs with that basic chord progression, and type of melody. I honestly don't think Madonna could sue and win. Prior art.
koan

Gaga sells a rip off

Post by koan »

yaaarrrgg;1354613 wrote: There's probably a million songs with that basic chord progression, and type of melody. I honestly don't think Madonna could sue and win. Prior art.

Again with the point that she spent a year building it up as an anthem for the new generation. New. Anthem. She could have copied Britney Spears, Tina Turner, The Beatles, Elvis Presley or Justin Freakin' Bieber, and it would still fail the same test of: New. Anthem.

Maybe it sounds like a hundred different songs or a thousand or a hundred thousand... still fails the same test: New. Anthem.

I'm just sayin'.

Be careful of grandiose statements all ye who want to be legends.

Return to “General Music”