asking for some nice French songs

jallytony

Post by jallytony »

hello,guys,i like listening to music,and there are many English music in my laptop,but when i come across French songs,i fall in love with it,so could you please introduce some nice French music to me?i have searched on the internet,but the music is not as good as i thought,any good answers will be appreciated,thanks
spot

Post by spot »

Do the works of Georges Brassens and Jaques Brel interest you?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
jallytony

Post by jallytony »

spot;1374281 wrote: Do the works of Georges Brassens and Jaques Brel interest you?

sorry,i don't know them,but coould you tell me the name of their works? so that i can google it qucikly,and welcome to introduce more French songs...your answer will be high appreciated
jallytony

Post by jallytony »

does anybody know whether there is a website of French songs?i am not only interested in French songs but also going to learn French,so could you help me?
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

La Marseillaise, the national anthem of France, is the second best in the world, after Russia's anthem, IMO.The late, great Roger Doucet singing his heart out to O,Canada (original lyrics are French) transcends national borders.

Listen to some Edith Piaf. Spot's Jacques Brel suggestion is an excellent choice.Django Reinhardt used his Gypsy roots to create a musical genre during the Paris jazz scene of the 1930s.Josephine Baker, an American ex-pat, mesmerized the city during the same era.Robert Charlebois inspired les Quebecois in the 1960s with Mon Pays.Harmonium is popular in Quebec, a sort of folk-rock with traditional roots. I like La Bottine Souriante, a lively Quebecois party band with deep cultural traditions. Charles Aznavour is a popular crooner from the sixties & seventies.

You can hear and see all of these performers on Youtube.
jallytony

Post by jallytony »

that's fun.i will try some on Youtube.thanks a lot.

Return to “General Music”