gmc

aravt

Post by gmc »

something a bit different for you.

Aravt music video.mp4 - YouTube
Scrat

aravt

Post by Scrat »

Nedd to check it out when the full version gets on youtube.
gmc

aravt

Post by gmc »

It's an intriguing looking film. I was trawling for films made by mongols about mongolian history of which there seems to be an increasing number and came across it. Same with korean and chines films. They're such a different culture. I know of a couple of sites where you can watch on line for free but it doesn't seem to be there. I am extremely reluctant to sign up on-line for anything I get enough spam as it is.
Bryn Mawr

aravt

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Is the sound box of that "cello" really a skull?

ETA. That soundtrack is magnificent!
gmc

aravt

Post by gmc »

Bryn Mawr;1419030 wrote: Is the sound box of that "cello" really a skull?

ETA. That soundtrack is magnificent!

No it's a cello there's a couple of other videos around. It's quite evocative though. Music possibly started with some bored caveman banging two bones together or hitting a skull and realising he could change the pitch. If you listen to "world" music or basic folk music from around the world there's a basic connection that transcends all cultures. I think so anyway. North American and Mongol rhythms are startlingly similar although I can hardly claim to be an expert or even studied any more than in passing. Same with celtic music, scots and irish and in eastern europe you hear the same basics that we all recognise and respond to. Don't ask me why.
Bryn Mawr

aravt

Post by Bryn Mawr »

gmc;1419048 wrote: No it's a cello there's a couple of other videos around. It's quite evocative though. Music possibly started with some bored caveman banging two bones together or hitting a skull and realising he could change the pitch. If you listen to "world" music or basic folk music from around the world there's a basic connection that transcends all cultures. I think so anyway. North American and Mongol rhythms are startlingly similar although I can hardly claim to be an expert or even studied any more than in passing. Same with celtic music, scots and irish and in eastern europe you hear the same basics that we all recognise and respond to. Don't ask me why.

It certainly sounded like a cello but the instrument in the video was no cello I've ever seen - two stringed with the strangest fingering you can imagine :-)
gmc

aravt

Post by gmc »

Bryn Mawr;1419104 wrote: It certainly sounded like a cello but the instrument in the video was no cello I've ever seen - two stringed with the strangest fingering you can imagine :-)

Here it is without the skull.

Aravt theme soundtrack.mp4 - YouTube

Can find full length versions of the film but none with English subtitles :-5
Saint_

aravt

Post by Saint_ »

That was pretty cool!
gmc

aravt

Post by gmc »

Found it in English, or rather with englisg subtitles - it's called the legend of the ten

Genghis The Legend Of The Ten 2012 - YouTube

DVD Review: Genghis - The Legend of the Ten | EatSleepLiveFilm.com

Film4oD - Genghis: The Legend Of The Ten

is on virgin media and probably on sky and out on dvd if anyone is interested

Return to “General Music”