IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

User avatar
tabby
Posts: 2511
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:41 pm
Location: Virginia

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by tabby »





Who would be your choice from this list?
ZAP
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:25 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by ZAP »

Difficult choice. Elvis or Whitney.
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12068
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by LarsMac »

That's a tough choice.

But of the ones I really like, I only missed three.

I would have to pick Ludwig. Sorry Bob and Freddie. Maybe next lifetime.
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford
ZAP
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:25 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by ZAP »

LarsMac;1504042 wrote: That's a tough choice.

But of the ones I really like, I only missed three.

I would have to pick Ludwig. Sorry Bob and Freddie. Maybe next lifetime.


Yes, I thought Ludwig too but I guess I took it literally "see one perform again". Too bad they didn't have videos/tapes, etc. in Beethoven's day.
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by Ahso! »

Janis

Luckily we have videotape recordings, and there are some really good ones of Janis Joplin's performances. I like this one among many others.



Olongapo City, just outside Subic Bay Naval station in the Philippines had some of the best cover bands I'd ever seen back in the seventies. The band that covered Janis Joplin was captivating. I was amazed at the time that I was seeing them perform for free at a bar.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
spot
Posts: 37983
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by spot »

I fail to qualify, I've seen none of them to allow me a return visit.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
User avatar
FourPart
Posts: 6417
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:12 am

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by FourPart »

spot;1504046 wrote: I fail to qualify, I've seen none of them to allow me a return visit.
Same here - 'again' would not apply. But if a one time chance were available, it would have to be Freddie.
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by Ahso! »

I believe the again is in reference to the performing as opposed to the seeing.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
spot
Posts: 37983
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by spot »

Then it's a very ambiguous way of expressing the idea when it would be easy to be exact.

And if that really is Marc Bolan then yes, I did see one of the selection.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
User avatar
tabby
Posts: 2511
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:41 pm
Location: Virginia

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by tabby »

I'm leaning towards Freddie but Johnny Cash is following closely behind as my choice #2. I don't even like country music as a rule but I do like ole Johnny!
User avatar
spot
Posts: 37983
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by spot »

Chuck Berry ought to be there.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
User avatar
AnneBoleyn
Posts: 6627
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:17 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by AnneBoleyn »

John Lennon
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by Ahso! »

spot;1504053 wrote: Then it's a very ambiguous way of expressing the idea when it would be easy to be exact.It's much easier still to just mess with you.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12068
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1504050 wrote: I believe the again is in reference to the performing as opposed to the seeing.


Well if any of them were ever to be back around to perform again, I would line up to by a ticket to see that.

A couple of those faces are completely unfamiliar to me.
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford
User avatar
Betty Boop
Posts: 15582
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: The end of the World

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by Betty Boop »

Didn't see him before but I would have liked to see Freddie, but now I'll settle for Coldplay or Robbie :guitarist:guitarist
User avatar
Wandrin
Posts: 1697
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:10 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by Wandrin »

I'd love to see Janis again.
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12068
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by LarsMac »

Wandrin;1504084 wrote: I'd love to see Janis again.


And again, and again, ...
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12068
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1504056 wrote: Chuck Berry ought to be there.


I don't think he is dead, yet.

So all ya gotta do is buy a ticket.
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1504094 wrote: I don't think he is dead, yet.

So all ya gotta do is buy a ticket.Maybe he's saying he wishes CB and his Ding-A-Ling were dead?

Miles Davis, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald and Billie Holiday belongs there though. And if we were talking about performances outside of music, Jesus and Moses could supposedly put on quite a show in their day.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
spot
Posts: 37983
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by spot »

If I recall, there's a club in Kansas City where Chuck Berry still plays once a week. My chief stumbling block is not being in Kansas City.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
ZAP
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:25 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by ZAP »

spot;1504103 wrote: If I recall, there's a club in Kansas City where Chuck Berry still plays once a week. My chief stumbling block is not being in Kansas City.


I go to Kansas City every June. Tell you what, if you'll be standin' on the corner--12th Street and Vine, I'll pick you up and we'll go and find Mr. Berry. :guitarist
Bruv
Posts: 12181
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:05 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by Bruv »

spot;1504053 wrote: And if that really is Marc Bolan then yes, I did see one of the selection.


No Marc Bolan there.

Hendrix or Lennon for me please........or Charles or Marley.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
User avatar
tabby
Posts: 2511
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:41 pm
Location: Virginia

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by tabby »

I once had a very strange dream about Chuck Berry. It wasn't strange on Chuck Berry's part, it was strange that I should have dreamed of him. I can't account for it because generally speaking I don't really give him a lot of thought in the course of an average day! He was on stage singing "Johnny B. Goode" with guitar in hand and doing that funky dance move like he does (or did!) with the left foot & leg out stiffer than the right. Is that the duck walk? After waking up and for most of the remainder of that day, I couldn't get that song out of my head. By late afternoon, my brain had switched over to "Maybelline". That was about six years ago and there have no more illusory performances since then!
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by Ahso! »

Look at that, spot, an opportunity for a corner pick-up. How often does that happen at our age? The promise of a pick up alone is worth the price of airfare. Then a Chuck Berry concert to top it all off?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by Ahso! »

Zap, will you promise to whistle and wink at him too?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
ZAP
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:25 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by ZAP »

Ahso!;1504131 wrote: Zap, will you promise to whistle and wink at him too?


I changed my mind. Spot, I'll pick you up at MCI (airport). KC is tricky so you might not be able to find 12th St. & Vine. I have to rent a car so I can rent a black Jaguar like the one sitting in my garage, that won't run, and then we'll head out. I have a poodle skirt that I wore at our family reunion last year. )It was a 60's theme.) Only thing if you don't jitterbug you mustn't laugh at me when I do.
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12068
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by LarsMac »

ZAP;1504138 wrote: I changed my mind. Spot, I'll pick you up at MCI (airport). KC is tricky so you might not be able to find 12th St. & Vine. I have to rent a car so I can rent a black Jaguar like the one sitting in my garage, that won't run, and then we'll head out. I have a poodle skirt that I wore at our family reunion last year. )It was a 60's theme.) Only thing if you don't jitterbug you mustn't laugh at me when I do.


I wanna go, too.

I can drive over and pick y'all up at KCI (MCI is the Fed designation. The locals call it KCI) and we can go have Barbeque before heading to the Blue Room.
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford
User avatar
Saint_
Posts: 3302
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:05 pm
Location: The Four Corners

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by Saint_ »

Freddie Mercury - onstage live, he was at his absolute best...
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by Ahso! »

ZAP;1504138 wrote: I changed my mind. Spot, I'll pick you up at MCI (airport). KC is tricky so you might not be able to find 12th St. & Vine. I have to rent a car so I can rent a black Jaguar like the one sitting in my garage, that won't run, and then we'll head out. I have a poodle skirt that I wore at our family reunion last year. )It was a 60's theme.) Only thing if you don't jitterbug you mustn't laugh at me when I do.Oh, I was hoping you could come up with a flatbed Ford. We could buy spot a cowboy hat and let him wear his chaps. Put you in a corduroy t-shirt and jeans (both wearing cowboy boots, of course). KC is no Winslow, but I think we could make it work.

Speaking of which - I've always wondered what Glenn Frey thought was such a fine sight to see - him or Az. The lyrics as written don't make it clear. And he was a bit full of himself - not that that's a bad thing.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by Ahso! »

Saint_;1504162 wrote: Freddie Mercury - onstage live, he was at his absolute best...Crotch-Struttin' Freddie could sing, couldn't he.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
AnneBoleyn
Posts: 6627
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:17 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Ahso!;1504169 wrote: Crotch-Struttin' Freddie could sing, couldn't he.


That description sounds like Michael Jackson!
User avatar
AnneBoleyn
Posts: 6627
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:17 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by AnneBoleyn »

When I was undergoing chemo 12 years ago one day I tried to make sense of my life, wondering about the times I lived in, the purpose of my life, what was it about & my conclusion was THE MUSIC. Wow, we sure had great, great music, didn't we?
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by Ahso! »

AnneBoleyn;1504176 wrote: That description sounds like Michael Jackson!Yeah, it must be a black/gay thing. The difference is that MJ grabbed his, but Freddie was one of those guys who walked with his crotch leading the way it seemed.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by Ahso! »

AnneBoleyn;1504179 wrote: When I was undergoing chemo 12 years ago one day I tried to make sense of my life, wondering about the times I lived in, the purpose of my life, what was it about & my conclusion was THE MUSIC. Wow, we sure had great, great music, didn't we?That's probably better than most myths. At least music results in dopamine release it's theorized. I prefer music to religion or politics - or even sex now that I'm in my 61st year. And music is definately more real than love.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
ZAP
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:25 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by ZAP »

LarsMac;1504142 wrote: I wanna go, too.

I can drive over and pick y'all up at KCI (MCI is the Fed designation. The locals call it KCI) and we can go have Barbeque before heading to the Blue Room.


You are quite right about the MCI v/s KCI. All the signs around there say KCI. When I book my flights it's MCI and that might help Spot when he makes his travel plans.;)

Such a deal, Lars, pick us up AND BBQ AND the Blue Room! What kind of wheels shall we look for you to be driving? The Travel Lodging?
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12068
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by LarsMac »

ZAP;1504196 wrote: You are quite right about the MCI v/s KCI. All the signs around there say KCI. When I book my flights it's MCI and that might help Spot when he makes his travel plans.;)

Such a deal, Lars, pick us up AND BBQ AND the Blue Room! What kind of wheels shall we look for you to be driving? The Travel Lodging?


I'm thinking my aging Lincoln Signature Series Town Car would be idea for the trip. Though I do have my eye on a '58 Sedan De Ville at the moment. Stay tuned on that.
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford
ZAP
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:25 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by ZAP »

Ahso!;1504168 wrote: Oh, I was hoping you could come up with a flatbed Ford. We could buy spot a cowboy hat and let him wear his chaps. Put you in a corduroy t-shirt and jeans (both wearing cowboy boots, of course). KC is no Winslow, but I think we could make it work."

I've got the t-shirts, vests, jeans, hats & boots . . red ones, black ones, lizard, snake, ostrich, (from when I was a cowgirl in Wyoming.) I might be able to find a flatbed Ford. I'll call my cousins, Bonnie Sue, Betty Lou or Patty Jo. They'll help but they might want to come along. Nah, they'd rather go to Branson.

Speaking of which - I've always wondered what Glenn Frey thought was such a fine sight to see - him or Az. The lyrics as written don't make it clear. And he was a bit full of himself - not that that's a bad thing.


Did Glenn do the lyrics or did Jackson Browne or did both? I think it was most probably the singer who was the fine sight to see or the girl in the flatbed.

"Well, I'm a standing on a corner

in Winslow, Arizona

and such a fine sight to see

It's a girl, my Lord, in a flatbed

Ford slowin' down to take a look at me

Come on, baby, don't say maybe

I gotta know if your sweet love is

gonna save me

We may lose and we may win though

we will never be here again

so open up, I'm climbin' in,

so take it easy"
ZAP
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:25 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by ZAP »

AnneBoleyn;1504179 wrote: When I was undergoing chemo 12 years ago one day I tried to make sense of my life, wondering about the times I lived in, the purpose of my life, what was it about & my conclusion was THE MUSIC. Wow, we sure had great, great music, didn't we?


Yes we did! And it's timeless. My kids and grandkids still listen to it all the time and dance to it (when I can cajole them into it.)
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12068
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1504179 wrote: When I was undergoing chemo 12 years ago one day I tried to make sense of my life, wondering about the times I lived in, the purpose of my life, what was it about & my conclusion was THE MUSIC. Wow, we sure had great, great music, didn't we?


We have the best Music.

Whenever anyone mentions a year, a time, a city, I immediately think about the Music, a concert I was at, the first time I heard a new album, a band I saw, there, Our lives have had the BEST soundtrack!
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by Ahso! »

ZAP;1504199 wrote: Did Glenn do the lyrics or did Jackson Browne or did both? I think it was most probably the singer who was the fine sight to see or the girl in the flatbed.

"Well, I'm a standing on a corner

in Winslow, Arizona

and such a fine sight to see

It's a girl, my Lord, in a flatbed

Ford slowin' down to take a look at me

Come on, baby, don't say maybe

I gotta know if your sweet love is

gonna save me

We may lose and we may win though

we will never be here again

so open up, I'm climbin' in,

so take it easy"My understanding has always been that Frey wrote the verse after the first line of well, I'm standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona. Funny, Browne's take it easy is different than Frey's. Browne's is to avoid stressing out, while Frey tells a female to "take it"..."easy".

Two different songs really. The one is trying to avoid relationships, or at least take a break from them, while the other is a guy looking to get laid first chance that comes along.

I take Browne as more of a deliberate thinker and Frey more of a get-er-done kind of guy.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
ZAP
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:25 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by ZAP »

Ahso!;1504207 wrote: My understanding has always been that Frey wrote the verse after the first line of well, I'm standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona. Funny, Browne's take it easy is different than Frey's. Browne's is to avoid stressing out, while Frey tells a female to "take it"..."easy".

Two different songs really. The one is trying to avoid relationships, or at least take a break from them, while the other is a guy looking to get laid first chance that comes along.

I take Browne as more of a deliberate thinker and Frey more of a get-er-done kind of guy.


Your interesting post made me want to find out more. I've always been interested in song writing, wrote a few myself that did practically nothing, so I looked it up. Wiki has some interesting things to say. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Take_It_Easy and under the critical was this:

Critical[edit]

"In 1972, Bud Scoppa wrote in Rolling Stone in his review of the Eagles' debut album that "Take it Easy" was "simply the best sounding rock single to come out so far this year. The first time through, you could tell it had everything: danceable rhythm, catchy, winding melody, intelligent, affirmative lyrics, a progressively powerful arrangement mixing electric guitar and banjo, and a crisp vocal, with vibrant four-part harmony at just the right moments for maximum dramatic effect."[13]

"On Allmusic.com, William Ruhlmann said that Browne wrote the song in 1971 while working on his debut album, and that "it encapsulated many of the usual themes of his work, touching on the road, women, love as salvation, and an ambivalent sense of fatalism." Discussing the specific lyrics, Ruhlmann goes on: "The opening verse was a joke. The narrator says he is running down the road with seven women on his mind. But this vision of promiscuity is quickly dispelled. Of the seven, four want to own him, two want to stone him, and one just wants to be his friend. The verse introduces the song's point, that, despite troubles, one should 'take it easy.'" Ruhlmann points out that Frey's added verse "lightened the song's mood considerably. Now, the narrator was standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona, being eyed by a woman in a truck (flatbed Ford) who slowed down to give him the once-over. These unabashedly vain lines weren't exactly consistent with Browne's theme, but they made it sound like the singer really did want to take it easy."[14]

I have 3 cd's of Eagles btw.
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by Ahso! »

I disagree with the analysis in part because the first verse is definitely more sophisticated and thoughtful, and the second more about making the sentences rhyme similar to a limerick. Also, notice that Browne refers to females as women while Frey says girl.

The third verse of the song tries to tie the two together.

I own a copy of Hell Freezes Over.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12068
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by LarsMac »

I learned a long time ago to not even try to analyze the meaning of song lyrics.
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1504221 wrote: I learned a long time ago to not even try to analyze the meaning of song lyrics.


Why? Do you see it as a matter of being right or wrong?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12068
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1504222 wrote: Why? Do you see it as a matter of being right or wrong?


nope
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by Ahso! »

Don't care to share?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12068
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1504228 wrote: Don't care to share?


Not that much to it.

Back in the 60s thousands of space cadets spent hours and hours delving into the meaning behind Dylan's songs, and the Beatles, and Jim Morrison's latest rants, and many others, and it was like some mythical cult studying the runes from ancient rock scratching.

Only to have the author say something like, "It didn't mean ****. The words just rhymed. "

I learned to just dig the song for how it turned in my own little head, and to be happy with that.

It's cool.
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1504323 wrote: Not that much to it.

Back in the 60s thousands of space cadets spent hours and hours delving into the meaning behind Dylan's songs, and the Beatles, and Jim Morrison's latest rants, and many others, and it was like some mythical cult studying the runes from ancient rock scratching.

Only to have the author say something like, "It didn't mean ****. The words just rhymed. "

I learned to just dig the song for how it turned in my own little head, and to be happy with that.

It's cool.At least that's what they thought, huh?

ETA: I knew this guy who liked to say you cannot not communicate.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Mickiel
Posts: 4440
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:28 am

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by Mickiel »

Michael Jackson for sure!



With an oncore from Jimi Hendrix!
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

IF You Could Buy a Ticket to See One Perform Again ...

Post by Ahso! »

Good choices, Micki!

It was tough for me not to choose Hendrix. I feel like I cut my first tooth listening to his music.

I'd fall asleep and wake up to Axis: Bold As Love on my 4 track. Made lots of love to that one too.

And this one.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Return to “General Music”