Black and White Photography

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
Hawke

Post by Hawke »

I've taken advantage of the new "photo gallery" feature to put up a few of my older black and white photos. If you folks find them interesting or like them, I'll add a few more from my collection.
Lon

Post by Lon »

I just had to try it Fyrehawke, and it works great. I uploaded some pics taken in Noumea, New Caledonia. They are in color however.
LoveMama

Post by LoveMama »

Fyrehawke wrote: I've taken advantage of the new "photo gallery" feature to put up a few of my older black and white photos. If you folks find them interesting or like them, I'll add a few more from my collection.

Fryehawke, do you have a link to your photo's! I'd love see them. I taught B & W photos for a few year's at UCSD........here in La Jolla. I love B & W.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxooo

mama
Hawke

Post by Hawke »

Fryehawke, do you have a link to your photo's! I'd love see them. I taught B & W photos for a few year's at UCSD........here in La Jolla. I love B & W.

Mama...the photos are in the new photo gallery set up here on ForumGarden. You can reach them by clicking on "Gallery" in the top navigation bar. Alternatively, you can try clicking here.
LoveMama

Post by LoveMama »

Fyrehawke wrote: Mama...the photos are in the new photo gallery set up here on ForumGarden. You can reach them by clicking on "Gallery" in the top navigation bar. Alternatively, you can try clicking here.

Fyrehawke.......your photos are wonderful. I wil admit that I am very partial to B & white photography, even though I love the color photos too. With Black&White you can .....if you have your own darkroom, manipulate the print to your liking.

I like that your's have such deep contrast, just enough, not too much. Sadly when we shoot color most of us leave it up to a professional printer.

Were you using 400 asa film. I wish that those of you posting your photos would put down what speed film you're using and what kind of lens. I'm partial to a 35 mm as a standard and also loved a fast 24 on my old Olympus. I still don't have a digital and probably will never get one.

My son is a professional photographer and does alot work with Hurley America........was Billagong .....the surfing companies. Since my son is a professional surfer I one time bougth a 650 Centurn lens, sort of the standard for surfing photos.......but was I was absolutely terrible at shooting surfer's out in the water! LOL........

I'm sticking with what I do best which is taking photo's of people! I live 2 long blocks from the ocean and I have Never Ever........taken a photo of the sunset! Just goes to show, we shoot what we know best and like.

Love this thread!

xxxxxxxxoooooooo

mama
Hawke

Post by Hawke »

Mama,

I actually shot all those photos on my Kodax DX6490 4 megapixel digital camera. For my black and whites, however, I manually enter fstop, film and shutter speed.

If I remember correctly...I shot most of those at ISO 400 (800 for the windmill shot) with a timing of 1/60.

I'm glad you like them :)
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Love 'em! Keep them coming!

Fyrehawke wrote: I've taken advantage of the new "photo gallery" feature to put up a few of my older black and white photos. If you folks find them interesting or like them, I'll add a few more from my collection.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Hawke

Post by Hawke »

I've added a few more pictures from my portfolio, one B&W and two sepia-toned ones.

Return to “Photography More”