Winter in the Mountains

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
Philadelphia Eagle

Winter in the Mountains

Post by Philadelphia Eagle »

Attached is a photo taken near the summit of Mt Washington, New Hampshire a few weeks ago. Hope you like it.
America the Beautiful :-6

website - home.comcast.net/~nmusgrave/
lady cop

Winter in the Mountains

Post by lady cop »

there doesn't appear to be an attachment, but i wanted to say that is one of my favorite places in the US, i used to ski tuckerman's ravine on that mountain, and wildcat across the way. the entire white mountain area is beautiful in all seasons. here is a photo of Mt. Washington, the big bowl is tuckerman's ravine, there is no ski lift, you hike up, and the ravine contains 90 degree terminal drops, they don't call it terminal for nothing! WHOO HOO!!
Philadelphia Eagle

Winter in the Mountains

Post by Philadelphia Eagle »

This is the Mt Washington pic.

Attached files
America the Beautiful :-6

website - home.comcast.net/~nmusgrave/
lady cop

Winter in the Mountains

Post by lady cop »

nice! and cold too!
kensloft

Winter in the Mountains

Post by kensloft »

These are part of the Appalachians aren't they?
greydeadhead

Winter in the Mountains

Post by greydeadhead »

Nope Kensloft.. those are the White Mtns. in N.H. Mt Washington is one foot under a mile tall. Great hikes there along with some of the best Xtreme skiing in the world in Tuckermans Ravine.. as LC stated .... 90 degree terminal drops..... hoooooo yeah.
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
kensloft

Winter in the Mountains

Post by kensloft »

greydeadhead wrote: Nope Kensloft.. those are the White Mtns. in N.H. Mt Washington is one foot under a mile tall. Great hikes there along with some of the best Xtreme skiing in the world in Tuckermans Ravine.. as LC stated .... 90 degree terminal drops..... hoooooo yeah.
I shouldn't have asked because it was a rhetorical question. Geology being a part of my background tells me that the White Mountains are a part of the Appalachian mountains. I have come to realize that the different states that have this range within their boundaries have given them their own particular names e.g. Catskills, Great Smoky Mountains etc. It wasn't a trick question. Just asking because...? :thinking:

I appreciate your reply.
greydeadhead

Winter in the Mountains

Post by greydeadhead »

Ahhh.. I see.. partially my fault though too. When I think of the Appalachian range.. I automatcially think of the appalachian trail.. and that enters thru southern VT.. then turns east at bout mid state, crosses NH into Maine and then terminates on Katadin in Baxter state park...

Soo.. could be confusion on my end too...
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
kensloft

Winter in the Mountains

Post by kensloft »

greydeadhead wrote: Ahhh.. I see.. partially my fault though too. When I think of the Appalachian range.. I automatcially think of the appalachian trail.. and that enters thru southern VT.. then turns east at bout mid state, crosses NH into Maine and then terminates on Katadin in Baxter state park...

Soo.. could be confusion on my end too...
Cheers brother.

Return to “Photography More”