Looking Up To Daddy

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
bobmielke

Looking Up To Daddy

Post by bobmielke »

I had my pocket digital with me this morning at McDonald's when this father and his two sons sat down in a both right next to us. I saw this little boy with his angelic face and golden hair and just had to capture his face. I gave the father my card with a promise to send him a copy if he only would send me his email address. I think this one is special.

Bryn Mawr

Looking Up To Daddy

Post by Bryn Mawr »

bobmielke;1361714 wrote: I had my pocket digital with me this morning at McDonald's when this father and his two sons sat down in a both right next to us. I saw this little boy with his angelic face and golden hair and just had to capture his face. I gave the father my card with a promise to send him a copy if he only would send me his email address. I think this one is special.

Trust and adoration - you're right, it is special.
fuzzywuzzy

Looking Up To Daddy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

You're allowed to take pics of people in public and put them on the net?????????????
Bryn Mawr

Looking Up To Daddy

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fuzzywuzzy;1361718 wrote: You're allowed to take pics of people in public and put them on the net?????????????

He obviously discussed the photo' with the father. It is debtable that he paid for the rights with a copy of the image, we do not know what was said, but we do know that the father did not refuse permission for him to keep the image.
Odie

Looking Up To Daddy

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1361714 wrote: I had my pocket digital with me this morning at McDonald's when this father and his two sons sat down in a both right next to us. I saw this little boy with his angelic face and golden hair and just had to capture his face. I gave the father my card with a promise to send him a copy if he only would send me his email address. I think this one is special.

very special, now a days I'm shocked a stranger would have aloud this.
Life is just to short for drama.
Lon

Looking Up To Daddy

Post by Lon »

WOW!! Great pic-----look at those eyes.
bobmielke

Looking Up To Daddy

Post by bobmielke »

fuzzywuzzy;1361718 wrote: You're allowed to take pics of people in public and put them on the net?????????????

This is not against the law in the United States as long as I don't attempt to sell them. I realize the laws are different in other parts of the world as I've had this discussion many times on photographic forums.
Bruv

Looking Up To Daddy

Post by Bruv »

Bryn Mawr;1361715 wrote: Trust and adoration - you're right, it is special.

I think he is complaining about the amount of mayo
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Bruv

Looking Up To Daddy

Post by Bruv »

I understand the legal rights to a photograph remain with the photographer, whatever the subject.

Wedding photographers keep hold of the rights and only sell prints, of course you do sign the rights away when you employ him to do the job.

I had a dispute with someone not too long ago, where he had photographed work I had done, but I was not allowed to display it on a website.

If it was illegal to display photos without the subjects permission paparazzi would go out of business pretty quickly.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
bobmielke

Looking Up To Daddy

Post by bobmielke »

I did some research on the legality of "street photography" in my state of Oregon. So many people from abroad, especially folks from Great Britain, question the legality that I had to quote the legal brief stating it's legal to photograph people in a public place unless the establishment requests you stop. Why would I photograph someone who was dead set against me doing so? My photography continues to make people smile, not get angry. If someone objects, I delete the file in front of them. If there are no complaints, I offer my card to send them a copy for free. Just a point of interest, I have never received that email requesting a print. I've passed out dozens of cards. Go figure!

Return to “Photography More”