My Style of HDR

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
bobmielke

My Style of HDR

Post by bobmielke »

I learned how to process an HDR (High Dynamic Range) photograph years ago, before digital. I personally do not utilize the extreme "grunge" form of HDR that, in my opinion, makes the photo look unrealistic. I use three photographs, separated by 2 F-stops either side of center, to bring out hidden shadow and highlight detail. I then adjust the vibrance, contrast & exposure levels to my personal taste. Most folks can't tell it's an HDR composite photo unless they look at all the detail everywhere in the photo.

Bruv

My Style of HDR

Post by Bruv »

I haven't the faintest idea what you are talking about, that's my loss, but I can see it works.

Well done and thanks for sharing
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
bobmielke

My Style of HDR

Post by bobmielke »

Basically you take multiple photos. You take one at normal camera settings then vary the lens opening to overexpose the second shot. You then change your lens to under expose the final photo. This all must be done on a tripod so that nothing moves. You blend all three together so that the highlights (bright areas), mid-tones & shadows (darkest areas) are all perfectly exposed using elements from the three blended photos. Piece of cake. It takes about two minutes to do with the right software and produces perfectly exposed photographs.

Return to “Photography More”