Caracal

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
bobmielke

Caracal

Post by bobmielke »

I've never heard of a Caracal but we now have 4 of them, 3 kittens, at the Portland Zoo. They are really feisty!

Snooz

Caracal

Post by Snooz »

I've never even heard of those before and I'm a big cat fan. They look a little puma-ish.
fuzzywuzzy

Caracal

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

what beautiful ears. Blue ...on a mammal....I like that.
bobmielke

Caracal

Post by bobmielke »

fuzzywuzzy;1368777 wrote: what beautiful ears. Blue ...on a mammal....I like that.

Not only blue ears but a blue nose. They are really unusual cats. There are 3 "kittens" and one adult Caracal in this brand new exhibit. I'll be visiting them again for sure.
Snooz

Caracal

Post by Snooz »

I know I don't have a lot to add in your photo threads but I'm starting to get a complex about the fact that you never bother acknowledging me. It's not like there are tons of comments to wade through.

Kind of reminds me of a reviewer on Amazon but opposite... someone comments on his review, he takes the time and effort to thank them for reading his thoughts even if they didn't agree with him. Very gracious guy. I'm not saying you aren't and I don't mean to preach but I think forum etiquette should show the same regard to posters that have taken the time to look at and reply to your post.

Thanks and have a nice day.
bobmielke

Caracal

Post by bobmielke »

I'm sorry that I've offended you. I appreciate all comments. I post on 6 forums and tend to lose track of them all. I'm not looking for critiques but only to share the beautiful world around me.
LarsMac

Caracal

Post by LarsMac »

Nice pic, Bob.

I had heard of these before. THE DC zoo had one when I was a kid. I never got to see it up close.

You picture is almost as good and up close.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
bobmielke

Caracal

Post by bobmielke »

LarsMac;1368900 wrote: Nice pic, Bob.

I had heard of these before. THE DC zoo had one when I was a kid. I never got to see it up close.

You picture is almost as good and up close.

Thank you for your comments. Interesting that your avatar is from a commercially available greeting cards in grocery stores. I would have thought, being a photographer, that you could provide something original.
LarsMac

Caracal

Post by LarsMac »

I simply like what the image conveys.

Nothing of my own work so simply states the idea.
- DH Lawrence
bobmielke

Caracal

Post by bobmielke »

LarsMac;1368906 wrote: I simply like what the image conveys.

Nothing of my own work so simply states the idea.

Please understand I'm just pulling your leg. I do appreciate your comments. :)
LarsMac

Caracal

Post by LarsMac »

bobmielke;1368910 wrote: Please understand I'm just pulling your leg. I do appreciate your comments. :)

No worries, Brother.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Photography More”