Awesome Images

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

"I looked at her, and I have never seen anyone so beautiful in her features. She had skin just like a baby, she had this soft fluffy baby hair. And then I said, “Hey, Clara, you haven’t any eyebrows, you’ve shaved off your eyebrows.”

“Oh,” she said, “I did that so I could draw them on anywhere,” and if you remember she got to looking worse and worse because she didn’t follow the bone structure - she kept moving her eyebrows lower and lower.

Louise Brooks

(See First reply)
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

Snooz

Awesome Images

Post by Snooz »

I like her with bangs.
Snooz

Awesome Images

Post by Snooz »

If he's measuring from her knee to the bottom of her shorts, he'd have a problem with a taller woman and her long thighs.
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

I like her bangs too! :yh_rotfl
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

SnoozeAgain;1383999 wrote: If he's measuring from her knee to the bottom of her shorts, he'd have a problem with a taller woman and her long thighs.

Ah! But wouldn't a taller woman wear a "taller" bathing costume?
YZGI

Awesome Images

Post by YZGI »

So, he's a swimsuit Nazi?
YZGI

Awesome Images

Post by YZGI »

I don't remember ever seeing a black person driving a Beetle.
Scrat

Awesome Images

Post by Scrat »

I'd be cool with this.

Swallow's Nest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Scrat

Awesome Images

Post by Scrat »

I can't remember seeing any either, ever. Those cars were death traps.
mikeinie

Awesome Images

Post by mikeinie »

ya, very cool
YZGI

Awesome Images

Post by YZGI »

Not me, couple a drinks and I'm sure to tumble down that hill.
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

Dorothy Lamour with ‘Jiggs’ during the filming of ‘Her Jungle Love’, 1937.

(See First Reply.)
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

Hmmmmmmmmm!

jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

That is a fantastic cloche with a city scene painted on it. Gertrude Ormstead

(See First Reply)
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

I never knew this kind of hat was known as a "cloche."

jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

Marilyn Monroe, who had been suffering from depression, insomnia, and other disorders, checked herself into the Colombia Presbyterian Medical Center in New York on February 11th, 1961, just a week before The Misfits, her final movie, was released. Her friend Marlon Brando sent this telegram to her while she was there. It sold at Christie’s in 2005 for $36,000.

(See First Reply)
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

Front cover of Action Comics. No. 1. 1938.

(See First Reply)
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

This comic is worth like a gazillion!
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

Fantastic Chinese Deco carpet with turquoise field, deep cranberry oval inset with hanging lanterns, a Chinese temple suspended on incense smoke and vines and flowers at each end, all in multicolored vegetable dyed wool; from 1930’s Shanghai.

(See First Reply)
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

Such beautiful colors!
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

Bowerbirds are most known for their unique courtship behaviour, where males build a structure and decorate it with sticks and brightly coloured objects in an attempt to attract a mate.

(See First Reply.)
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

Oscar Namechange

Awesome Images

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Wonderful colours agreed.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

"Post office, Saginaw, Michigan." Circa 1905. Perhaps our most Disneyesque Post Office so far. 8x10 inch glass negative, Detroit Publishing Company.

(See First Reply)
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

Via Shorpy.
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

Children in the tenement district, Brockton, Massachusetts. December 1940. Photograph by Jack Delano. These duplexes must have been fairly grand when they were new, probably around the turn of the century. They look like the house where Granny and Tweety Bird lived. Wonder if they still there?

(See First Reply)
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

December 1940. "Secondhand plumbing store, Brockton, Mass." 35mm Kodachrome transparency by Jack Delano. As of 2007, Saba Mechanical Plumbing & Heating is still in business in Brockton, at an address on Linus Avenue.

(See First Reply)
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

Via Shorpy.
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

Children in the tenement district, Brockton, Massachusetts. December 1940. 4x5 Kodachrome transparency by Jack Delano. These houses, which look to have been built in the 1890s, must have been imposing in their day. Note the elaborate woodwork and intricate system of gutters and downspouts.

(See First Reply)
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

Via Shorpy.
tabby

Awesome Images

Post by tabby »

They definitely don't build them like that any more!

jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

September 1940. "At the fair, Pie Town, New Mexico." An old coupe with rumble seat. What kind of car is this? Kodachrome by Russell Lee.

(See First Reply)
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

Via Shorpy.
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

May 1943. Houston, Texas. "Old house fruit stand on Franklin Street." 4x5 Kodachrome transparency by John Vachon.

(See First Reply)
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

Via Shorpy.
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

Well-dressed pedestrians glance at a "beggar-peddler" holding a small child and a box of Wrigley's Spearmint Gum on Broadway, in New York City. View full size. 5x7 glass negative, George Grantham Bain Collection.

(See First Reply)
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

Via Shorpy.
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

From NASA, a spectacular image assembled from 48 frames taken by the Hubble Space Telescope of the Carina Nebula 7500 light-years away, which means we are seeing these stars as they were in 5500 BC.

The bright star at left is Eta Carinae, which can be seen throwing off two enormous lobes of gas prior to exploding — possibly in the next few thousand years, maybe tomorrow — as a titanic supernova.

(See First Reply.)
jones jones

Awesome Images

Post by jones jones »

Via Shorpy.
Snooz

Awesome Images

Post by Snooz »

I must not understand what tenement means, that building looks like it's in very good condition for its age.
Oscar Namechange

Awesome Images

I love those American buildings... so full of character.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Awesome Images

Incredible !
Oscar Namechange

Awesome Images

It has n Eastern European feel to It.... Awesome !!
Snooz

Awesome Images

Post by Snooz »

It's still around, they've made it a museum now.

(hopefully, that doesn't blow the margins)

Castle Museum (Saginaw, Michigan) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Scrat

Awesome Images

Post by Scrat »

It may have already exploded. I hope not, theoretically a supernova in our neighborhood can sterilize whole regions of a galaxy. It's one of the theories behind why (apparently) there is so little life in the galaxy.
Lady J

Awesome Images

Post by Lady J »

I remember when the watermelon guy would come down the street...with his horse drawn wagon. He would yell "fresh, juicy watermelons...peaches and sweet strawberries." My mom would go out to see what he had..I always took carrots to feed to his horse.

Return to “Photography More”