And More Awesome Images ... I Hope!

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

No mistaking this young fella cos the eyes have it!!

"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Is this the real deal? Cos I had no idea that ladies actually fought in the IRA!

Female IRA fighter armed with an AR 18 taking aim at Pro British troops during skirmishes.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

First pic looks like Elvis with his mom. Second: why wouldn't females be in IRA?
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I like the photo below.........

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

AnneBoleyn;1411361 wrote: First pic looks like Elvis with his mom. Second: why wouldn't females be in IRA?

Yeah its E and his mom.

Cos I thought that members of an army wore a uniform but then again, maybe she was off duty at the time or in the "Resistance."
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Yeah he looks real cool in this one.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

The Mitchell-Hedges skull, perhaps the most famous and enigmatic crystal skull, was allegedly discovered in 1924 by Anna Le Guillon Mitchell-Hedges.

Anna Hedges, daughter of British adventurer and popularist author F.A. Mitchell-Hedges, claimed that she found the skull buried under a collapsed altar inside a temple in Lubaantun, in British Honduras, now Belize; however, others present at the time of the excavation have not been documented as noting either the skull’s discovery or Anna’s presence at the dig.

Anna stated that she was told by the few remaining Maya that the skull was used by the high priest to will death. When a priest became too old to continue with his duties, he and his replacement would lie in front of the altar with the skull. After a ceremony, all of the elderly priest’s knowledge would be transferred into the younger man, then, the old priest would die. For this reason, the artifact is sometimes referred to as “The Skull of Doom”, a claim that was backed up by her father.

Anna Mitchell-Hedges refused many requests to submit the skull for further scientific testing, and thus, the puzzle of where the skull came from remains.

(Source: Wikipedia)
gmc

Post by gmc »

jones jones;1411413 wrote: Yeah its E and his mom.

Cos I thought that members of an army wore a uniform but then again, maybe she was off duty at the time or in the "Resistance."

From the clothing it night be the seventies that picture was taken. You do know the IRA in the seventies and beyond seventies were a terrorist organisation don't you?
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

gmc;1411435 wrote: That's a rather depressing comment. You do know the IRA were a terrorist organisation don't you?

Yeah I'm quite au fait with the IRA ... The comment was made with tongue in cheek. If it made depressing reading or came across as overly flippant ... then I apologise. I am usually not a facitious person.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

along-for-the-ride;1411378 wrote: I like the photo below.........

Is the boy Elvis?
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

AnneBoleyn;1411439 wrote: Is the boy Elvis?

The short guy in the middle wearing a hat is E.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

jones jones;1411441 wrote: The short guy in the middle wearing a hat is E.

I've never seen such an old photo of Elvis. His parents look so young, I never would have thought this was a pic of the Presleys.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

After magnifying this pic & staring at it, I do see Elvis!
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

One of my most favoritest movies ever premiered on 26 November 1942.

Seventy years ago and still going strong!!
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Isn't this an awesome painting?

The Flower Seller Louis Marie de Schryver 1898.

Return to “Photography More”