Anti-gravity or special effects? (You judge.)

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Hi Everyone,

Please review these series of photos. These special activities took place May 2005.

My kids were just as surprised as I! These are things you can do if you put your mind to it. :p

p.s. I had to watermark these images because I know they'll be copied all over the Internet. :rolleyes:

Attached files
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Tombstone wrote: Hi Everyone,

Please review these series of photos. These special activities took place May 2005.

My kids were just as surprised as I! These are things you can do if you put your mind to it. :p

p.s. I had to watermark these images because I know they'll be copied all over the Internet. :rolleyes:The third one. Beam me up Dad
Jives

Post by Jives »

Look closely at the fourth photo.....it's photoshopped. The light source is different.

The front of the girl's shirt is in shadow (her right side) Yet the light is hitting the right side of the boy's arm. That's means the light is coming from exact opposite directions on these two, it should only be coming from one point. This is a mix of a shot from a boy on a trampoline mixed with a girl pointing in the air.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Jives wrote: Look closely at the fourth photo.....it's photoshopped. The light source is different.

The front of the girl's shirt is in shadow (her right side) Yet the light is hitting the right side of the boy's arm. That's means the light is coming from exact opposite directions on these two, it should only be coming from one point. This is a mix of a shot from a boy on a trampoline mixed with a girl pointing in the air.

Warm! Light source is exactly the same.
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

The kids can do pretty good tricks. What can the dog do though?
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

hotsauce wrote: The kids can do pretty good tricks. What can the dog do though?

He's really good at catching the ball. :D
Jives

Post by Jives »

I recognize those trees...are those your kids Tombstone?

Ok, so I'm off on the light source, is it the way that gravity is affecting their clothes?
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

The kids aren't making any shadows. ;)
john8pies

Post by john8pies »

Impressive, but probably er a little fraudulent ( in view of the above comments)?!
telaquapacky

Post by telaquapacky »

Tombstone wrote: Hi Everyone,

p.s. I had to watermark these images because I know they'll be copied all over the Internet. :rolleyes:The levitating kids don't have shadows on the ground. (although sometimes I don't either.)
Look what the cat dragged in.
persephone

Post by persephone »

telaquapacky wrote: The levitating kids don't have shadows on the ground. (although sometimes I don't either.)
That's what I was going to say, and it's more obvious in the fourth one seeing as the girl has a shadow.

Also in the third one, how can one be laying on the floor and the other be floating, surely if they were in the same area as they appear to be they would both be floating?
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Tombstone has mastered the art of levitation. One never does know what these countryboys get up to in their own backyard
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Jives wrote: I recognize those trees...are those your kids Tombstone?

Ok, so I'm off on the light source, is it the way that gravity is affecting their clothes?

Yes, with the eldest one missing! (Hmmm..but maybe he's operating the crane behind the scenes.) :D
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

letha wrote: That's what I was going to say, and it's more obvious in the fourth one seeing as the girl has a shadow.

Also in the third one, how can one be laying on the floor and the other be floating, surely if they were in the same area as they appear to be they would both be floating?

No, she was just jumping over him. He was afraid she was going to either hit him or fall on him.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

capt_buzzard wrote: Tombstone has mastered the art of levitation. One never does know what these countryboys get up to in their own backyard

Give us more than 10 minutes of idle time and we go beserk! :driving:
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

you're gaslighting us Tombstone!! AAAGGGGHHHHH!!!! :wah:
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

hotsauce wrote: The kids aren't making any shadows. ;)

Surprisingly, when they were high up in the air, there were no shadows cast - probably because this was all done around 4 or 5 in the evening. The sun was starting to hit at a high angle.
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

Tombstone wrote: Surprisingly, when they were high up in the air, there were no shadows cast - probably because this was all done around 4 or 5 in the evening. The sun was starting to hit at a high angle.

oh yeah...then how come the little girl pointing has a shadow? nice try though! a shadow is a shadow...no matter where you are! :D

btw...cute pics!
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

hotsauce wrote: oh yeah...then how come the little girl pointing has a shadow? nice try though! a shadow is a shadow...no matter where you are! :D

btw...cute pics!

Actually, not true...at least not that you can see in a finite photo.

Go outside when the sun is closer to the horizon. Put a ball on the ground. See the shadow? Good.

Now, throw the ball about 12 or 15 feet into the air. See the shadow? Probably not - and if you do, it could be a couple hundred feet away.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Tombstone, you are going to tell us how you did this TODAY, right? Because if I try and go to bed tonight not knowing, I will NEVER be able to get to sleep!! It's 7-ish here now. That gives you about 8 more hours before I turn in! Don't leave me hangin' man!!!!

(Very cool stuff, by the way.) :yh_bigsmi
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

BabyRider wrote: Tombstone, you are going to tell us how you did this TODAY, right? Because if I try and go to bed tonight not knowing, I will NEVER be able to get to sleep!! It's 7-ish here now. That gives you about 8 more hours before I turn in! Don't leave me hangin' man!!!!

(Very cool stuff, by the way.) :yh_bigsmi

Glad you like it! I can't, however, tell you how I did it. That's like a magician showing you how they did their trick. What fun is that? :D

I have a few more compositions that I'll share over the next few weeks. If they turn out the way I think they will, they should be fun as well.
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

Gee Tombstone, do you live anywhere near Jackson Hole, WY? I've seen these optical illusions there
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

nvalleyvee wrote: Gee Tombstone, do you live anywhere near Jackson Hole, WY? I've seen these optical illusions there
We live north and west - Panhandle of Idaho.
BTS

Post by BTS »

I think it went like this?

Attached files
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

BTS wrote: I think it went like this?

Mechanically - right on! :yh_worshp There was no crane. ;)

But where is the trampoline? Where's the cutout?
David813

Post by David813 »

I don't bloody get it.:yh_questn
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Tombstone wrote: Mechanically - right on! :yh_worshp There was no crane. ;)

But where is the trampoline? Where's the cutout?You just don't care if I sleep tonight, do you? DO YOU??!!! You evil, evil man... :yh_bigsmi
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Jika

Post by Jika »

me thinks tombstone is jedi master of photoshop. ;)
BTS

Post by BTS »

Tombstone wrote: Mechanically - right on! :yh_worshp There was no crane. ;)

But where is the trampoline? Where's the cutout? Ok now.......... I touched my original up a little to make it more believable, removed your watermark... and put a tramp under him...... I did it with a clone brush. I would assume that is what you used also?

Am I close?

Attached files
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Jives wrote: This is a mix of a shot from a boy on a trampoline mixed with a girl pointing in the air.

bingo! :p
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

BTS wrote: Ok now.......... I touched my original up a little to make it more believable, removed your watermark... and put a tramp under him...... I did it with a clone brush. I would assume that is what you used also?

Am I close?

You are close! I didn't use a clone brush - since you can spot cloned sections pretty easily.

Wow! I'm impressed that you took the time to de-construct my photo.

Look at the photo where my daughter is jumping up and over her brother who is curled up on the ground. The cloned section scenario wouldn't work here because you could see if I modified this area. The trampoline had to be taken out of the photo seamlessly. So, I used a 150 year old photographic technique - composites!

The beauty of using composites is that even on the uncompressed images 3200X2400 - you can't tell. No seams, no cloning, no pixel manipulation. Everything is perfect - *except the clouds overhead which were moving from the left to the right.

:D
persephone

Post by persephone »

Tombstone wrote: The beauty of using composites is that even on the uncompressed images 3200X2400 - you can't tell. No seams, no cloning, no pixel manipulation. Everything is perfect - *except the clouds overhead which were moving from the left to the right.

:DAnd that would be the reason the last photo had the sky cut off then?
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.

Return to “Photography More”