Amazing Tilt-Shift Van Gogh Paintings

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
tabby

Post by tabby »

Using a feature on Photoshop, an illustrator was able to literally bring new dimension to some Van Gogh's paintings. They look like little dioramas! I like the effect and as the article author suggests, I'd enjoy seeing this done to other paintings as well!

Amazing Tilt-Shift Van Gogh Paintings [16 Pics] �TwistedSifter
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Wow! Verrrry cool. I reposted that link to the school's graffiti page because I know a lot of teachers that like Van Gogh (Including myself!)
Týr

Post by Týr »

This is such an odd notion. It's introducing a photographic aberration which, back when the aberration was hard to avoid, photographers tried very hard to reduce as much as possible. And here it is back again as a conscious style deliberately being imposed on photos which could never have had the aberration originally, not even back when it was a problem.

On the subject of Van Gogh, I dislike his flood-paint within drawn borders approach to painting. It's not what I see and I bet it's not what he saw either, it's just all he knew when it came to expressing onto his canvas.

eta: though, now I think of it, back when I did wet dark room processing I chose to use chemicals which did a very similar thing (flood-painting within drawn borders), emphasizing boundaries. Acutol was one, but I can't even remember the name of the developer I preferred.
Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!
tabby

Post by tabby »

I'm glad you enjoyed it enough to re-post it, Saint!

I didn't realize that you could create certain effects like "flood painting within borders" with photographs during the development stage. This tilt-shift concept was new to me also both with Photoshop and with the older photography processes.
tabby

Post by tabby »

Van Gogh's Starry Night with Dominos:

Return to “Photography More”