More Extraordinary Awesome Images!!

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Okay ... we all know that this is an image of a young Hillary ...

But this is an image of a young who?

"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

‘The Bayswater Omnibus’ painted in 1895 by George William Joy.

Omnibuses were a popular means of public transport in London throughout the Victorian period. They were large box-shaped carriages which, by the end of the 19th century, were drawn by two horses and could seat 12 people inside and 14 on the roof.

The roof was reached by a spiral staircase, was enclosed by short boarding and had forward-facing two-seater wooden benches on either side of a central aisle.

Omnibuses were rarely used by the working classes as they began their services at 8am (after the lower classes were meant to have started work), ticket prices were much higher than the more affordable Underground trains, and omnibus conductors and drivers could choose whether or not to stop for passengers who they deemed to be below a suitable standard.

Women usually preferred to sit inside the omnibus where they would be more protected from the elements and could call upon a gentleman passenger to ring the bell to signal the driver to stop.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Peacock Brooch by Louis Aucoc.

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

What a beautiful lady!

Dreams’ (1896) by Vittorio Matteo Corcos (1859–1933).
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Just love the expression on Lilla's face!

ca. 1900, [cabinet card, portrait of Lilla and Cornelius C. Kenney seated with family photograph
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

ca. 1875 ... Tintype portrait of three cowboyesque gentlemen ... one holding a doll??

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Just adore this image ... but that's me. I love Bjork too!

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Lulu likes this one ...

jones jones

Post by jones jones »

What a beauty!

Frank Dicksee, Study for the head of the damsel in ‘Chivalry’
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

jones jones;1431320 wrote: Okay ... we all know that this is an image of a young Hillary ...

But this is an image of a young who?

Jody Foster
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Correct ... You would have won a cyber coconut 'cept you spelled Jodie incorrectly.

Nevertheless you have passed the "recognise the young actress" test and may proceed to the next grade.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Reminds me of Junior High School.

My home room teacher was a Mrs.Deere and there was an English teacher named Mr.Darling.

Still hear the giggles as they passed greeting each other,

"Hello Deere, Hi Darling".
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

tude dog;1431334 wrote: Reminds me of Junior High School.

My home room teacher was a Mrs.Deere and there was an English teacher named Mr.Darling.

Still hear the giggles as they passed greeting each other,

"Hello Deere, Hi Darling".

My mother once told me that she knew a Doctor Doctor ...
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

On the Omnibus, on the right is a lady standing, while a "gentleman" is sitting, oblivious with his newspaper. Comment please JJ.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

AnneBoleyn;1431342 wrote: On the Omnibus, on the right is a lady standing, while a "gentleman" is sitting, oblivious with his newspaper. Comment please JJ.

Well, being the gent I am, I would have offered up my seat at once. But alas, in Victorian/Edwardian England, members of the fair sex were not accorded the privileges they deserved.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

YZGI;1431332 wrote: Jody Foster

Yo! Did you cheat by Googling the name above her head? :thinking:
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

jones jones;1431374 wrote: Yo! Did you cheat by Googling the name above her head? :thinking:

If I had googled it don't you imagine I would have spelled her name correctly. No I did not google it.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

YZGI;1431375 wrote: If I had googled it don't you imagine I would have spelled her name correctly. No I did not google it.

Good for you capn' YZGI!! You have a good eye or two!
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

jones jones;1431329 wrote: Lulu likes this one ...

We all have a mission. :)

Return to “Photography More”