Craigmillar Castle

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
scotty

Craigmillar Castle

Post by scotty »

Craigmillar Castle Edinburgh

I grew up in this part of Edinburgh http://niddrie.tripod.com/ it has always had a bad reputation , a typical council housing estate run down and lots of unemployment.

But what it did have was a heart and the people who lived there were the salt of the earth. Sadly this has changed somewhat and it seems the money men have moved in and cut it up to the highest bidder.

Foot note LOL no I didnt live in the Castle but just over the road, this is where we used to hang out.
lady cop

Craigmillar Castle

Post by lady cop »

lovely! like something from a dream.
minks

Craigmillar Castle

Post by minks »

scotty wrote:

Craigmillar Castle Edinburgh

I grew up in this part of Edinburgh http://niddrie.tripod.com/ it has always had a bad reputation , a typical council housing estate run down and lots of unemployment.

But what it did have was a heart and the people who lived there were the salt of the earth. Sadly this has changed somewhat and it seems the money men have moved in and cut it up to the highest bidder.

Foot note LOL no I didnt live in the Castle but just over the road, this is where we used to hang out.

You are so fortunate to be blessed with such rich history and castles. Beats our log and sod houses all to heck
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
buttercup

Craigmillar Castle

Post by buttercup »

you truly have a gift scotty, do you happen to have any pics of the coastline?
scotty

Craigmillar Castle

Post by scotty »

Yeh I suppose thats true minks, but it got me thinking about your log house`s.

In Scotland we can rent these log cabins for holidays ,they are really popular, but also exspensive, infact we could get a holiday in europe for much the same price.

Its what I was saying in another post how we become used to where we live , we take it for granted , but to anyone who hasnt been to our castles or your log cabins it can be a great experience.

Its always been a dream of mine to visit Yellowstone National Park and I would love to stay in a log cabin.
scotty

Craigmillar Castle

Post by scotty »

Dont think i do BC , but will have a wee look.
Nomad

Craigmillar Castle

Post by Nomad »

scotty wrote: Yeh I suppose thats true minks, but it got me thinking about your log house`s.

In Scotland we can rent these log cabins for holidays ,they are really popular, but also exspensive, infact we could get a holiday in europe for much the same price.

Its what I was saying in another post how we become used to where we live , we take it for granted , but to anyone who hasnt been to our castles or your log cabins it can be a great experience.

Its always been a dream of mine to visit Yellowstone National Park and I would love to stay in a log cabin.

My wife & I did that 2yrs ago we stayed outside Jackson Wy. The Tetons were out our back door and Yellowstone a couple hrs away.

My words simply cant do it justice, Ill just say DO IT ! You will never forget !
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Photography More”