The Big Dipper

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
Tombstone

The Big Dipper

Post by Tombstone »

After arriving home around 8 p.m. last night, I did my usual walk around the house to make sure everything was buttoned up and put away for the night.

The incredibly bright moon was rising in the east and the stars were out in all their glory. As I plodded around the back I looked up and saw the Big Dipper in a perfect formation over the tree line. It was brighter than I've seen in years!

Since I've done a zero amount of night photography, this photo is completely devoid of any technical competence. But, although not quite focused, it does portray the sense of brightness and prominence in the NW sky last night.

Thought I'd share it. I'm now on a mission to become a better night photographer!

Attached files
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Bez

The Big Dipper

Post by Bez »

It's a superb picture. The air must have been so clean and un-polluted to see this detail. You must live in a wonderful place.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
OpenMind

The Big Dipper

Post by OpenMind »

Very impressive! Looks like they all went supernova though, never seen the individual stars that large. So Tombstone is now gonna be the starsnapper. Look forward to your practice shots.:D
theia

The Big Dipper

Post by theia »

That looks really magical
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Bez

The Big Dipper

Post by Bez »

You guys are so talented...keep 'em coming...they're gorgeous
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
lady cop

The Big Dipper

Post by lady cop »

both photos are magnificent...i really look forward to the perseid meteor showers, and others, every year, i hope you'll be taking pics! :cool:
abbey

The Big Dipper

Post by abbey »

Tombstone wrote:

Thought I'd share it. I'm now on a mission to become a better night photographer!That image is so pretty, i dont think you could better it.
pina

The Big Dipper

Post by pina »

Great pics. I love a starry night, I used to go and sit in the garden just looking at the sky for hours.

cars

The Big Dipper

Post by cars »

"Absolutely Mistical"!! :-4
Cars :)
chonsigirl

The Big Dipper

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh my gosh, you can see the Big Dipper just hanging there in the sky! Great picture, Tombstone.

Return to “Photography More”