Which sectors will out perform?

Big Business, Small Business, Investments, and Personal Finances
LottomagicZ4941

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

T Rowe Price is advocating picking great companies.

I still tend to place sector bets for about 20% of my profilo. Actually 26% right now.

Right now for the past 9 months I have been putting in $100 a month into teck and another $100 a month into realestate investment trust. Each of these are about 13% of my profilo. Adding about 600 a month into more disiversified offerings.

These two relestate investment trust and teck have a negative correlation.

Anyone else have any sector bets?

I think as long as Realestate investment trust pay over a 3% dividend they will continue to perform. When the dividend gets below this I think they will run out of steam.

Oil certainly has been a great sector. Has it's run up hit the top yet?

Where are you all putting you money?
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Oil is a big question mark now. The quality and quantity of crude is declining - but so are the prices - at this moment.

I think oil and energy plays should be good for a while longer.

I also like bio-technology and consumer oriented plays.

How are REITS going to respond as the value of the $$ falls and interest rates continue to climb? Downward price pressure on homes and commercial?

LottomagicZ4941 wrote: T Rowe Price is advocating picking great companies.

I still tend to place sector bets for about 20% of my profilo. Actually 26% right now.

Right now for the past 9 months I have been putting in $100 a month into teck and another $100 a month into realestate investment trust. Each of these are about 13% of my profilo. Adding about 600 a month into more disiversified offerings.

These two relestate investment trust and teck have a negative correlation.

Anyone else have any sector bets?

I think as long as Realestate investment trust pay over a 3% dividend they will continue to perform. When the dividend gets below this I think they will run out of steam.

Oil certainly has been a great sector. Has it's run up hit the top yet?

Where are you all putting you money?
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
LottomagicZ4941

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

"How are REITS going to respond as the value of the $$ falls and interest rates continue to climb? Downward price pressure on homes and commercial?"

Kind of already answered this in previous post.

"I think as long as Realestate investment trust pay over a 3% dividend they will continue to perform. When the dividend gets below this I think they will run out of steam."

As intrest rates go up more and more people will take money out of the stock market and just earn "safe" intrest.

Right now REITS are about 13% of my profilo and I am going to quit adding to them.

Also going to quit adding to my teck holding. Going to put the funds that would have been going into these into "International Discovery" which is 48%Europe 30 %Asia non Japan, 20% Japan and 2 percent South America.

Lotto

http://www.flalottomagic.net/cgi-lo...cgi?welcome-344

Magic

Return to “Wall Street to Main Street”