Hoo Haa BR, it's bike week!

Discuss cruiser bikes, the lifestyle, clubs, and other issues.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

wish you were down here girl...check it out, and be sure to see the photo gallery. i tell you, all over florida right now, there's nothing but bikes everywhere! :-6Official Bike Week Headquarters - Daytona Beach Bike Week .............................
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

OMG, I cannot believe I'm not there!! Hey LC, watch for patches with "Liberty Riders" on them. It's a 3 piece, with the words "Liberty, Freedom, and Death" in a triangle around the logo (center) patch. They have a chapter in Florida, so I'm sure some of them will be there. IF you chat with any of them, you can tell them you know one of the brothers in the Detroit chapter!!

Great shots, great info, thanks so much for the link. I am SOOOOO jealous!!

[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

hey, there's always biketoberfest! :cool:
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: hey, there's always biketoberfest! :cool:
Always a possibility. What with having the trial, the wedding, and Bullet's healing all over with, there's a great chance we will see biketoberfest. I'm still shooting for July, though, when we're on our honeymoon to hook up with you. Sure, all the rallies and such are great, but mostly I want to get there to give you a hug in person!! :yh_hugs
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

On Sunday(yesterday was the last day), Bike Week 2006 wraps up in Daytona, Florida, and this year's event will go down as the deadliest ever.

Since the event began eight days ago, there has been more than 164 motorcycle accidents, causing dozens of injuries and killing at least 16 people.

Last year eight people died in motorcycle related crashes during Bike Week.

Police attribute the increase in accidents to warm weather and inexperienced riders.

Bike week attracted more than a 500,000 bikers this year.
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

I would of thought that all those deaths and injuries would surely leave a bad vibe in the air, for what is supposed to be such a joyous occassion for all bikers out there. I'm sure though that this won't put bikers off from going to next years bike week.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

chrisb84uk wrote: I would of thought that all those deaths and injuries would surely leave a bad vibe in the air, for what is supposed to be such a joyous occassion for all bikers out there. I'm sure though that this won't put bikers off from going to next years bike week.
Actually, Chris, it grows every year, which is one of the reasons it's not real high on our priority list.

Although maybe one day I'd like to see it (from a distance) we prefer smaller groups.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: inexperienced riders.

They have no business whatsoever at events like this.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

I take it then that riders from all around come for the event, regardless of how experienced they are? It does seem strange that so many bikers, even though I'm sure they love what they do, don't take consideration into making sure that as many injuries don't occur. I'm sure that serious bikers like yourself BR wouldn't want what you do, to be tarnished by some idiots who would only end up giving a bad name to fellow bikers.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

chrisb84uk wrote: I take it then that riders from all around come for the event, regardless of how experienced they are? It does seem strange that so many bikers, even though I'm sure they love what they do, don't take consideration into making sure that as many injuries don't occur. I'm sure that serious bikers like yourself BR wouldn't want what you do, to be tarnished by some idiots who would only end up giving a bad name to fellow bikers.
99% of bikers take into consideration safety above all. Actually, when you consider the numbers of bikes, (500,000) 16 deaths is low. Not acceptable, but low.

There are weekend warriors and there are M/C's and there are R/C's. There are many different types of M/C's. It would take me hours to explain the whole scene to you, and I have absolutely no information on the deaths that occurred. Whether the bikers or a cager were at fault, whether they were wearing rags, whether they were drunk, whether it was a fight, anything.

But take a HUGE scene like this, and things will ALWAYS get out of hand. We're bikers. We do crazy sh!t. It's a lifestyle that no one who doesn't live it could ever comprehend.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

BabyRider wrote: 99% of bikers take into consideration safety above all. Actually, when you consider the numbers of bikes, (500,000) 16 deaths is low. Not acceptable, but low.

There are weekend warriors and there are M/C's and there are R/C's. There are many different types of M/C's. It would take me hours to explain the whole scene to you, and I have absolutely no information on the deaths that occurred. Whether the bikers or a cager were at fault, whether they were wearing rags, whether they were drunk, whether it was a fight, anything.

But take a HUGE scene like this, and things will ALWAYS get out of hand. We're bikers. We do crazy sh!t. It's a lifestyle that no one who doesn't live it could ever comprehend.

Well you certainly wouldn't catch me trying to become a biker. I can barely ride my own bicycle without falling over, so sad isn't it hahahaha. :D
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

chrisb84uk wrote: Well you certainly wouldn't catch me trying to become a biker. I can barely ride my own bicycle without falling over, so sad isn't it hahahaha. :D
Well, Chris, I can guarantee failure if you ever "tried to become" a biker anyway. Bikers are not made, they're born. :yh_wink
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

BabyRider wrote: Well, Chris, I can guarantee failure if you ever "tried to become" a biker anyway. Bikers are not made, they're born. :yh_winkthat's true....here's BR when she was a baby! :D

Attached files
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: that's true....here's BR when she was a baby! :D
I couldn't reach the shifter arm or the rear brake, but dammit, I wanted to RIDE!!!!
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Return to “Biker Forum”