Double post, please delete one!

Discuss cruiser bikes, the lifestyle, clubs, and other issues.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

deserve it???

I swiped this post from a biker forum I go to occassionally, and I'm interested in the perspectives on it from here.

I was talking with my Lt last shift and out of nowhere he says.. if you die on your motorcycle, I wouldnt feel bad. WTF does that mean? My wife understands what he is saying, but I, for some reason, dont.

Is it different if you die in a car crash, than it is if you die on a motorcycle? It seems a lot of non-riders have this mentality that if you die on a bike, it's your own damn fault for riding one. I am suprised at the number of FF that say it is just stupid and unsafe to ride. Sure we see our share of bike accidents, but we see car accidents also...but they still drive. Not to mention firefighting is dangerous.

I understand if you die in a wreck after a bottle of Patron, but is just simply riding a motorcycle in the same category?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

can you sing "macho macho man...........". i guess it's some badge of honor to buy it on a bike. my best friend's son did, at 20, nobody was in a state of admiration. in fact, he rode stupidly. :(
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: can you sing "macho macho man...........". i guess it's some badge of honor to buy it on a bike. my best friend's son did, at 20, nobody was in a state of admiration. in fact, he rode stupidly. :(
Riding as if you're invincible is asking to get creamed. But for the majority, it's the cagers fault, they're not paying attention. I'm sure you've heard that line, "But officer, I just didn't SEE the motorcycle."

None of the bikers I know (and I know one or two) :yh_wink would consider it a badge of honor to buy it on their bike.

No, riding stupidly is NOT admirable, it's suicide.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

they NEVER see the bike. that's what i've been saying for years.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: they NEVER see the bike. that's what i've been saying for years.
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES!!!!!
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

BabyRider wrote: LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES!!!!!except in florida where all the geezers are deaf.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: except in florida where all the geezers are deaf.
Good point. When I come visit you, I'm taking the baffles out of my exhaust!!
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

BabyRider wrote: Good point. When I come visit you, I'm taking the baffles out of my exhaust!!hell, i'm keeping you in the back of my cruiser! LOL
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: hell, i'm keeping you in the back of my cruiser! LOL
Who?? Me???!!?! I am the epitome of innocence....:yh_angel
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Could he have meant it another way BR?

Could he possibly have meant that if its your time to die at least you died when you were doing what you love best??

I believe that you go when its your time...whenever that is...however old you are...

If thats the case then I'd rather die in the middle of doing something I loved rather than something I loathed.

Just a thought.

Return to “Biker Forum”