The Fencer and the ww2 pacifist film

magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

If you dont like foriegn films you wont like it. (Philistine!!!! Boo to you)

Just saw the trailer of this Estonian film and i got goose bumps.

Ill be definately seeing this one!

Its about a man avoiding the Russian government and goes on the run . He winds up in a little village and opens a fencing school. He ends up teaching the entire villages children. ( i fenced at school comps so this is a little close to my heart.)

The second film , I cant remember the name. Is about a young American pacifist who refused to carry a gun during ww2 and came out of the war teaching everyone a lesson.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

magentaflame;1503001 wrote: If you dont like foriegn films you wont like it. (Philistine!!!! Boo to you)

Just saw the trailer of this Estonian film and i got goose bumps.

Ill be definately seeing this one!

Its about a man avoiding the Russian government and goes on the run . He winds up in a little village and opens a fencing school. He ends up teaching the entire villages children. ( i fenced at school comps so this is a little close to my heart.)

The second film , I cant remember the name. Is about a young American pacifist who refused to carry a gun during ww2 and came out of the war teaching everyone a lesson.

That second is probably Hacksaw Ridge. I've not seen either, yet.

Arrival is the top of my list at the moment. I enjoy fantasies of Aliens coming to save us from ourselves.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Id love to see Arrival .... that looks very different as far as alien films go.

Ha. Hacksaw Ridge! Im sitting here thinking..ridgesure? Cracksaw? .....lol.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”