Odie's room!

ButterflyPrincess

Odie's room!

Post by ButterflyPrincess »

Odie;1357591 wrote: hot cocoa with marshmallows coming your way:guitarist

will it rain this weekend?:sneaky:

oh oh, sometimes cranky!:yh_rotfl

Woke up in a rush since the alarm didn't go off this morning. uggghh. LOL I had an interview today! I think it went well. I am just waiting on the call for interview number 2. :)
Delorean

Odie's room!

Post by Delorean »

Odie;1357591 wrote:

will it rain this weekend?:sneaky:

Oracle says.... NO :-6 :wah:
Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

Delorean;1357610 wrote: Oracle says.... NO :-6 :wah:

if it does, it will cost you!:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Delorean

Odie's room!

Post by Delorean »

You can get a nice fireman to take it out on my hide then :lips: :yh_bigsmi
Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

Delorean;1357637 wrote: You can get a nice fireman to take it out on my hide then :lips: :yh_bigsmi

can you handle 3?:sneaky::lips:

Attached files
Delorean

Odie's room!

Post by Delorean »

:yh_drool :wah:

One for me, one for you and a spare one for when ours need a rest! ;)
Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

Delorean;1357704 wrote: :yh_drool :wah:

One for me, one for you and a spare one for when ours need a rest! ;)

then we will need more:lips::wah:
Delorean

Odie's room!

Post by Delorean »

And a couple of masseurs to fix us back up again :yh_bigsmi :guitarist :wah:
Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

Delorean;1357722 wrote: And a couple of masseurs to fix us back up again :yh_bigsmi :guitarist :wah:

woah baby!:sneaky::yh_rotfl

and a pool boy for when we all need to relax:lips:
Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

hmmmmm I found the perfect hat for spot, I wonder if he will notice it?

Attached files
Delorean

Odie's room!

Post by Delorean »

I don't know, I was thinking more something like this... :wah:

Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

Delorean;1358836 wrote: I don't know, I was thinking more something like this... :wah:

much better suited!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

oh Delorean, we can play here today!:yh_rotfl

wasssssss up?:lips::sneaky::wah:

just because its 4 am where you are, you should be here with me:sneaky:
bobmielke

Odie's room!

Post by bobmielke »

Here are some fresh flowers for your room Odie. I hope you like flowers!

Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1361072 wrote: Here are some fresh flowers for your room Odie. I hope you like flowers!

- you know how much I love flowers, these pics are amazing!:guitarist

thank you my friend!:-6
bobmielke

Odie's room!

Post by bobmielke »

I warn you now, I speak with photos. LOL :)
Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1361084 wrote: I warn you now, I speak with photos. LOL :)

cat got your tongue?:yh_rotfl

I made you some coffee since your up so early.

Attached files
bobmielke

Odie's room!

Post by bobmielke »

Make that tea, Lipton with Splenda sweetener and liquid CoffeeMate, French Vanilla flavor. I drink one of two cups of coffee at McDonald's each morning visiting my senior friends. I normally arrive between 6:00 and 6:30 AM, early as usual. The rest start getting there after 7:00. The last straggler in is Diane, who gets there about 8:00 AM. P.S. I photograph everyone then highly modify the photo to show them at their best. :)

Diane

Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1361114 wrote: Make that tea, Lipton with Splenda sweetener and liquid CoffeeMate, French Vanilla flavor. I drink one of two cups of coffee at McDonald's each morning visiting my senior friends. I normally arrive between 6:00 and 6:30 AM, early as usual. The rest start getting there after 7:00. The last straggler in is Diane, who gets there about 8:00 AM. P.S. I photograph everyone then highly modify the photo to show them at their best. :)

Diane

fine, see if I make you anything again.:yh_rotfl

That's Diane from the other forum we are on right?
bobmielke

Odie's room!

Post by bobmielke »

Nope, that's Diane from the McDonald's senior group. She's always the last to arrive. I chat with her long after the rest have left. There are rumors talked about us in whispers. LOL
Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1361117 wrote: Nope, that's Diane from the McDonald's senior group. She's always the last to arrive. I chat with her long after the rest have left. There are rumors talked about us in whispers. LOL

I'm quite used to rumors to!:yh_rotfl
bobmielke

Odie's room!

Post by bobmielke »

Good Morning to you! It's a beautiful day today. At least that's what they're promising for the next 4 days in a row. I'll be out and about enjoying it for sure. Are you having to deal with the heat wave on the East coast? I certainly don't miss super hot weather. I start getting uncomfortable when it reaches 80.
Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1361195 wrote: Good Morning to you! It's a beautiful day today. At least that's what they're promising for the next 4 days in a row. I'll be out and about enjoying it for sure. Are you having to deal with the heat wave on the East coast? I certainly don't miss super hot weather. I start getting uncomfortable when it reaches 80.

Good Morning!

We had a heat wave for 4 days, today is much cooler now that a severe storm

passed through last night.

I don't like those days either Bob, especially closing up the windows for the a/c.

you have a great day!
bobmielke

Odie's room!

Post by bobmielke »

Signing off for tonight. Have a great evening Odie!
Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1361399 wrote: Signing off for tonight. Have a great evening Odie!

me to, have a nice evening:-6
Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

Busy day taking down numbers on my house, hanging planter hooks, lamps and cutting back the flowers, looking forward to next week when we have the house down in stucco.

oh and cut the grass and weed-whack.
bobmielke

Odie's room!

Post by bobmielke »

Good morning Odie. It's only 11:00 in the morning here and I've already driven over 100 miles to photograph a river house at sunrise. Can you picture me standing on the edge of a super busy highway, camera next to me mounted on a tripod, waiting for the sun to rise enough to throw golden light on the house? The vehicle drivers zooming inches from where I had to stand must have thought that I was insane. I do what I must to get the shot. It was worth the danger. Who knows where I'll be tomorrow? LOL Have a great day!
Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1361771 wrote: Good morning Odie. It's only 11:00 in the morning here and I've already driven over 100 miles to photograph a river house at sunrise. Can you picture me standing on the edge of a super busy highway, camera next to me mounted on a tripod, waiting for the sun to rise enough to throw golden light on the house? The vehicle drivers zooming inches from where I had to stand must have thought that I was insane. I do what I must to get the shot. It was worth the danger. Who knows where I'll be tomorrow? LOL Have a great day!

yup....I can picture you doing that:yh_rotfl
bobmielke

Odie's room!

Post by bobmielke »

Good morning Odie! It's another beautiful day here in the Pacific Northwest. We're immune from all the extreme weather elsewhere. I'm looking at a forecast of sun and 75 today. I might decide to go for a scooter ride somewhere. I had fun with the Smart Car road trip yesterday. I got an email from another friend stating that her newly retired hubby has turned into a vegetable since he stopped working. That's sad. I fear he won't live long if he keeps that attitude. I have too much to do to sit around. You might notice I'm an early riser, LOL, and get my internet fix early, before the sun comes up. You have a great day!

For you -

Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1361812 wrote: Good morning Odie! It's another beautiful day here in the Pacific Northwest. We're immune from all the extreme weather elsewhere. I'm looking at a forecast of sun and 75 today. I might decide to go for a scooter ride somewhere. I had fun with the Smart Car road trip yesterday. I got an email from another friend stating that her newly retired hubby has turned into a vegetable since he stopped working. That's sad. I fear he won't live long if he keeps that attitude. I have too much to do to sit around. You might notice I'm an early riser, LOL, and get my internet fix early, before the sun comes up. You have a great day!

For you -

Thank you Bob, the flowers are just so beautiful!

Some retired people end up very sad, its an end of something they enjoyed and it made them feel good about themselves.

It's going to be a lovely day here as well, so off I got painting.

enjoy your day!
theezy

Odie's room!

Post by theezy »

Hi there Odie. Long time no see!
Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

theezy;1361864 wrote: Hi there Odie. Long time no see!

Hi theezy, where have you been?
theezy

Odie's room!

Post by theezy »

Around.. u?
Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

theezy;1361873 wrote: Around.. u?

- having a busy summer with so much outside work to do,

I'm having the house stuccoed, so its taking me a long time to cut back all of my garden against the house...but the house will look amazing when its done.
Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

hey Bob, no morning coffee?:lips::yh_rotfl
bobmielke

Odie's room!

Post by bobmielke »

Sorry, I was off to McDonald's for the real thing. I just found out those sprouting flowers I've been showing are Blue Gladiolas not Begonias. I feel so stupid. My bad.
Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1361947 wrote: Sorry, I was off to McDonald's for the real thing. I just found out those sprouting flowers I've been showing are Blue Gladiolas not Begonias. I feel so stupid. My bad.

I love McDonalds sausage mcmuffin with egg and hashbrowns!

don't feel bad, I get flowers mixed up as well.

I love gladiolas, can't wait to see a pic, especially being blue as its my fav. colour!
bobmielke

Odie's room!

Post by bobmielke »

Before & After. I wanted to show you the transformation of an original photo to the final product. The first is the original without any Photoshop editing and the second is the final edited shot. There can be a lot of work involved in getting a good photo to be a great photo. Notice the crud on the original. I had to almost rebuild the entire beak. Also notice the sharpness and contrast on the finished shot.

Original - Edited

Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1361999 wrote: Before & After. I wanted to show you the transformation of an original photo to the final product. The first is the original without any Photoshop editing and the second is the final edited shot. There can be a lot of work involved in getting a good photo to be a great photo. Notice the crud on the original. I had to almost rebuild the entire beak. Also notice the sharpness and contrast on the finished shot.

Original - Edited

I did notice the contrast and sharpness immediately.

Amazing the difference as one never usually sees the same two like this.

since so much work goes into it, why not buy a better camera or is this just normal?
bobmielke

Odie's room!

Post by bobmielke »

The original shows feather debris all over the parrot's beak. Changing cameras would never affect that. Using graphic editing software, such as Photoshop, lets the photographer "clean up" the less desireable aspects of a photograph, thus saving the shot. On portraits a great deal can be done to erase blemishes, wrinkles, skin shine and hair falling across the face. Age spots suddenly disappear, zits are gone. Women do it all the time, it's called make-up. There are photographic purists out there that believe altering photographs with editing software is "cheating" and that you shouldn't have to do it with software but capture it in camera. The problem with that purist attitude is that there is no way to remove feather pieces from a parrot's beak using just the camera. Most people who complain about "Photoshop" don't know how to use it. Could you tell by looking at my finished parrot that it had a cleaned up, rebuilt beak? I doubt anyone could tell that. I've been working with Photoshop for 20 years and I'm good at it. It's an acquired skill. I just thought you might be interested in seeing a good example of a "before & after" situation.
Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1362015 wrote: The original shows feather debris all over the parrot's beak. Changing cameras would never affect that. Using graphic editing software, such as Photoshop, lets the photographer "clean up" the less desireable aspects of a photograph, thus saving the shot. On portraits a great deal can be done to erase blemishes, wrinkles, skin shine and hair falling across the face. Age spots suddenly disappear, zits are gone. Women do it all the time, it's called make-up. There are photographic purists out there that believe altering photographs with editing software is "cheating" and that you shouldn't have to do it with software but capture it in camera. The problem with that purist attitude is that there is no way to remove feather pieces from a parrot's beak using just the camera. Most people who complain about "Photoshop" don't know how to use it. Could you tell by looking at my finished parrot that it had a cleaned up, rebuilt beak? I doubt anyone could tell that. I've been working with Photoshop for 20 years and I'm good at it. It's an acquired skill. I just thought you might be interested in seeing a good example of a "before & after" situation.

now I understand, thanks!
nok

Odie's room!

Post by nok »

Hello Odie,

Good Morning to you :) I hope you're allright.

I watched the movie "Super Eight" last week. I thought it would be really good cause the ads for it say it's about Area 51 and Steven Spielberg is the producer but when I actually watched it, I was disappointed. It was boring. The only interesting part was the end where the alien creature crawls up a robotlike machine and then gets in and the robot turns into a ufo that flies off.
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
bobmielke

Odie's room!

Post by bobmielke »

Good morning Odie. The sun is shining brightly on the back of my neck as I sit in McDonald's waiting for my senior buddies to arrive. I'm an early fanatic by nature so I'm up at 3 and out the door by 6, ready to start my day regardless if the rest of the world is not quite awake yet. Why waste a moment's worth of precious sunlight? We live through 8-9 months of overcast rainy weather in Portland so I make the most of the good times.

I'm still trying to think of something to do with the bulk of my day. I may check out the Rose Garden to see if the flowers have awakened. Only time will tell. Have a great day. The first of my friends has just walked in to start the fun.
Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

nok;1362042 wrote: Hello Odie,

Good Morning to you :) I hope you're allright.

I watched the movie "Super Eight" last week. I thought it would be really good cause the ads for it say it's about Area 51 and Steven Spielberg is the producer but when I actually watched it, I was disappointed. It was boring. The only interesting part was the end where the alien creature crawls up a robotlike machine and then gets in and the robot turns into a ufo that flies off.

Hi Nok, so nice to see you back here!:-4

that's disappointing as I also wanted to see that movie.

stop by more often!:guitarist
Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1362050 wrote: Good morning Odie. The sun is shining brightly on the back of my neck as I sit in McDonald's waiting for my senior buddies to arrive. I'm an early fanatic by nature so I'm up at 3 and out the door by 6, ready to start my day regardless if the rest of the world is not quite awake yet. Why waste a moment's worth of precious sunlight? We live through 8-9 months of overcast rainy weather in Portland so I make the most of the good times.

I'm still trying to think of something to do with the bulk of my day. I may check out the Rose Garden to see if the flowers have awakened. Only time will tell. Have a great day. The first of my friends has just walked in to start the fun.

Afternoon Bob, sorry, I was busy all day.

Your lifestyle sounds like its so much fun with meeting your friends everyday.

and why not get up early, as you said, you have the whole day then.
bobmielke

Odie's room!

Post by bobmielke »

Good morning Odie! Strike up the band, it's party time! I just filed for my final unemployment check. This means I'm officially retired. I posted a complete thread in the retirement area as well as my Journal. I'm free, and loving it. :)
Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1362094 wrote: Good morning Odie! Strike up the band, it's party time! I just filed for my final unemployment check. This means I'm officially retired. I posted a complete thread in the retirement area as well as my Journal. I'm free, and loving it. :)

Glood morning, just on my way out, so I will check back later on.

whooppeee, congrats!
bobmielke

Odie's room!

Post by bobmielke »

Howdy Odie! I've been out of touch for a few days to get past the 4th holiday. I spent some time with friend as well as taking long scooter rides away from civilization. I took a deep breath and sigh of relief after successfully clean dust that had invaded my camera recently. I have just two weeks left before my long awaited vacation. I'm beyond excited. I'm busy taking care of the little details involved to making it all come together.

I've noticed you've been sort of quiet as well. I hope you survived the exploding world of fireworks with tragic consequences. A couple of houses and a business burned to the ground due to unlawful fireworks. I hate people and their stupidity. I hope this note finds you happy and well.
Odie

Odie's room!

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1362334 wrote: Howdy Odie! I've been out of touch for a few days to get past the 4th holiday. I spent some time with friend as well as taking long scooter rides away from civilization. I took a deep breath and sigh of relief after successfully clean dust that had invaded my camera recently. I have just two weeks left before my long awaited vacation. I'm beyond excited. I'm busy taking care of the little details involved to making it all come together.

I've noticed you've been sort of quiet as well. I hope you survived the exploding world of fireworks with tragic consequences. A couple of houses and a business burned to the ground due to unlawful fireworks. I hate people and their stupidity. I hope this note finds you happy and well.

Good Morning!

Scooter riding sounds like its a lot of fun!

So glad your looking forward to your trip, don't forget to say goodbye and I'll expect lots of pictures when you return.

I've been busy with tons of outdoor work since I had the house stuccoed.

The damn fireworks lasted a week just for one day of celebration which was Canada Day, such idiots and what an annoyance and waste of money.
bobmielke

Odie's room!

Post by bobmielke »

Good morning Odie. It's a beautiful day in Oregon with the temperatures dropping from yesterday's 87 degree high to a high of 75 today. Not much going on with me today. I must pick up some meds at Target after McDonald's. I guess I have the best of both worlds, live chat with friends at McDonald's each morning and online chat with friends across the world each day. Have a great day!

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”