AFTR's Daily Commute

Wandrin

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Wandrin »

I hope the pain lessens for him.

I remember Maggie Valley. I hope you were able to enjoy your vacation before it was cut short.
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Wandrin;1499750 wrote: I hope the pain lessens for him.

I remember Maggie Valley. I hope you were able to enjoy your vacation before it was cut short.

Maggie Valley used to host "Ghost Town in the Sky" but it looks like it has closed for good now, so it's a real ghost town now. The museum, Wheels through Time" in Maggie Valley is still there and an interesting place to visit. We did enjoy our vacation as much as we could under the circumstances.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
LarsMac

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by LarsMac »

along-for-the-ride;1499975 wrote: Maggie Valley used to host "Ghost Town in the Sky" but it looks like it has closed for good now, so it's a real ghost town now. The museum, Wheels through Time" in Maggie Valley is still there and an interesting place to visit. We did enjoy our vacation as much as we could under the circumstances.

That's a shame about the Ghost Town. I remember when it first opened. We went there the first year while we were up visiting my grandparents. It was a fun place. I miss the smoky Mountains.

Sorry your hubby is having such a problem. I can relate. My back has not been the same since we moved about 5 years ago. As long as I am sitting down, it's OK. As long as I am standing up, it's fine. The transitions from one to the other are NOT fine.

Just be careful with the pain meds. They are NOT your friend.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

:driving:Just some data about driving:

Why more people are suddenly dying on U.S. roads - Aug. 31, 2016

In my opinion, speeding and distracted driving are the main problems in these days and times. What do you think?
LarsMac

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by LarsMac »

along-for-the-ride;1500766 wrote: :driving:Just some data about driving:

Why more people are suddenly dying on U.S. roads - Aug. 31, 2016

In my opinion, speeding and distracted driving are the main problems in these days and times. What do you think?

I have to agree. Here in Colorado, it seems we cannot go a day without hearing of a hit-and-run, most of the time, resulting in deaths.

of those, a huge majority seem to have alcohol as a factor. Or cell phones. Either one can be quite the distraction.
- DH Lawrence
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

On November 15 2016, my dear Hubby passed away. He had been ill for awhile and was very weak and in the hospital. There, the doctors determined that he had stage 4 cancer. These words are painful to type, but I thought you should know why I haven't posted in quite some time. His three adult children and I planned the funeral together and he is buried in the family plot in Millen, Georgia alongside his parents. I've had the emotional support from family and friends and still do. I have taken care of insurance and social security requirements Since then, I have returned to work and, for spiritual strength, returned to the Catholic Church, going to Mass every Sunday. I don't plan to move anywhere else because I feel comfortable in "our" home where I can sometimes feel Hubby's loving presence. I sold the Mustang to Hubby's grateful oldest son. I am trying to go on with my life, but sometimes I miss him so much it's almost unbearable. In my head I know that I am now a widow, but Hubby is still very much in my heart.
tabby

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by tabby »

I'm so saddened to hear this news about your husband. My heart aches for you and I can only imagine the immeasurable sorrow that you must be experiencing. I'm glad you have the support of family and friends and are finding solace in your church. I've missed your posts since I've been back ~~ kept hoping to see you here but certainly never expected news such as this. Words seem so insufficient! I'm so sorry to hear this.
Ahso!

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Ahso! »

I am very sorry for your loss and wish you the best as you recover. Recovery is what I'm sure your late husband would want for you.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
ZAP

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by ZAP »

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. May your family, friends and church give you comfort. (((hugs)))
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Thank you all for your condolences. I do cherish my memories of the times I spent with Hubby. I guess it's time to start a new chapter in my life.

Attached files
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

My daughter and I went to North Dakota from Georgia by plane recently. We had two connecting flights to catch and, of course, going through TSA on initial boarding. Out trip went smoothly; we only had a delay upon returning in Atlanta due to the inclement weather. Out trip was a family reunion which we thoroughly enjoyed. I plan to do this again next summer.

Attached files
LarsMac

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by LarsMac »

AFTR!!!

It is so good to hear from you again.

I think that I speak for the lot of us when I say that we have missed you around here.

North Dakota is the one state in the Lower 48 that I have yet to set foot on.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by magentaflame »

Oh gosh aftr, i missed this . Im so sorry, youve had to endure this pain.

But im glad youre back tol living life as only you can.

Cheers, little matey
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Wandrin

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Wandrin »

I'm so glad to hear from you, AFTR!
minks

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by minks »

Welcome back, and my deepest condolences to you on your loss of your husband. Yes late wishes, but still sincere.

I hope you are healing.

M
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”