Lars Said: Beer is Beer, regardless of what you drink it from

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Do you agree or disagree?

What say you good citizens of ForumGarden?

Is Larsmac correct or is he gravely wrong?
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Quite frankly I disagree. For instance, unless the beer tastes like camels piss and therefore it wouldn't matter anyway .......never ever drink it from a plastic container.

If you suffer from stomach ailments or flatulance never drink from a can/tinny.

Beer should always be drunk from glass and glass only .
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

fuzzywuzzy;1453047 wrote: Quite frankly I disagree. For instance, unless the beer tastes like camels piss and therefore it wouldn't matter anyway .......never ever drink it from a plastic container.

If you suffer from stomach ailments or flatulance never drink from a can/tinny.

Beer should always be drunk from glass and glass only . I agree with that.

Beer certainly can not be drunk from anything... especially a urinal
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well, I've drunk beer from a lot of things.

Bottles, cans, tumblers, growlers, pints, quarts, gallons, paper cups, plastic cups, coffee cups, and even an old boot, once.

It's still Beer. (Unless it's Stella. Then it doesn't matter what you wanna drink it from, it belongs in that urinal.)
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Ewwwhhh Stella is as horrible as Fosters.

although i guess there are times where it is acceptable. Like Camping when you don't have the proper port glass so you drink it out of a coffee cup. Not that i would personally ever stoop so low..........ahem.........~looks away from PC in case you look into my eyes and see I'm lying~
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

fuzzywuzzy;1453055 wrote: Ewwwhhh Stella is as horrible as Fosters.

Nah. Fosters comes from a much finer breed of horse.

fuzzywuzzy;1453055 wrote: although i guess there are times where it is acceptable. Like Camping when you don't have the proper port glass so you drink it out of a coffee cup. Not that i would personally ever stoop so low..........ahem.........~looks away from PC in case you look into my eyes and see I'm lying~

Gotta make do with what ya got, ya know. I mean, it gets real tough to just pass the keg around.
- DH Lawrence
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Ahh yes the old flaggin gets heavy after awhile. We don't drink fosters we just export it. In fact we don't even do that cause it's made overseas now.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I remember the ad campaign a few years back. Went something like:

"Fosters. It's Australian for, 'this horse needs its kidneys checked.'" or, something like that.

Back in the 70s, I had got out of the Navy, and my brother was still in. I was in Washington DC, and his ship pulled in to Newport News from a South Pac tour, and he came up to DC for a visit.

We had to go to a particular liquor store off DuPont Circle because that was the only place in DC that sold Fosters.

He just really like the huge cans it came in, I think.

Anyway, we hauled a dozen or so of those big-ass cans down by Lafayette's Statue across from the White House, and got pissed. Next morning the DC Police woke us up and made us haul all the empties back up to the liquor store.

I could never quite stomach the stuff, after that.

Warm Fosters is almost as bad as Stella.
- DH Lawrence
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

OMG!!!! I was in DC when I first tasted a beer with an Indian head on the can. Can't think of what it was called (was in a red can) I almost threw up.

YOU DRINK WARM BEER?????? dear god I hope it wasn't summer. Didn't realise they allowed drinking under the Lafayette Statue lol lol
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

If you ever come across this one . Do us a favour, if you're in a pub drink it from a glass, schooner, pint, pot. Or Drink it straight from the Stubbie.

AND DRINK IT VERY COLD!!!!!!
gmc

Post by gmc »

If Larsmac is buying I agree with everything he says.

I have an australian friend, when visiting her I asked her why all the salad trays of her fridge were filled with beer and the salad on the shelves. "It's the coolest bit if the fridge where else would you keep it was her reply". Australian logic at it's best.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Lagers are not for drinking they are for refreshing on a summers day.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

fuzzywuzzy;1453060 wrote: OMG!!!! I was in DC when I first tasted a beer with an Indian head on the can. Can't think of what it was called (was in a red can) I almost threw up.
You must be talking about:

fuzzywuzzy;1453060 wrote: YOU DRINK WARM BEER?????? dear god I hope it wasn't summer. Didn't realise they allowed drinking under the Lafayette Statue lol lol

Well, it was cold when we started. We had three leftover when we were rousted the next morning. They were breakfast.

We were young and didn't know any better, back then.

I don't know if we were allowed to drink there. I suppose that, had we asked, someone would have said "no". I am not even sure you can hang out in the park, any more at night, much less drink beer with the old General.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bunch of Anti-Stellas. At least I won't drink Sam Adams, or -ugh!- Old Milwaukee. I would prefer Moosehead, but it's not sold in NYC, I'd have to go to Canada or back to New England.

Lars, that's a real pretty label!
gmc

Post by gmc »

:sneaky:We get the real budweiser over here made in the czech republic. In the states seems to be sold as Czechvar. Check it out personally I find the American Budweiser weak and too sweet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budweiser
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I like it cold and in a glass.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

I've drunk Stella in the past. They won't serve it to English tourists in some bars in Bruges. Which is just as well. Why would you waste your money on that stuff when there's so much more better stuff to choose from there.

As for Fosters and Budweiser, well, both are unfit for human consumption, even from a Waterford cut crystal glass
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1453108 wrote: I've drunk Stella in the past. They won't serve it to English tourists in some bars in Bruges. Which is just as well. Why would you waste your money on that stuff when there's so much more better stuff to choose from there.

As for Fosters and Budweiser, well, both are unfit for human consumption, even from a Waterford cut crystal glass

Talking of them... I have an assortment of glasses at my abode. We don't drink a lot and even If we have Lagers In for friends, they prefer to drink from the tin. I'm quite the peasent and will happilly glug my Red wine from any glass but when It comes to my Bailey's Irish Creme, It must be drunk from the lead crystal cut glass, Mr O also Insists his Port Is served In cut glass.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Snowfire;1453108 wrote: I've drunk Stella in the past. They won't serve it to English tourists in some bars in Bruges. Which is just as well. Why would you waste your money on that stuff when there's so much more better stuff to choose from there.

Suggest something I can buy in a local store in Brooklyn, NYC, & I'll give it a try. Don't like Leff. Heinekin I'm tired of. I'm willing to give another a shot, but only if I can find it here! :-)

Like light, not dark, beer.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1453119 wrote: Suggest something I can buy in a local store in Brooklyn, NYC, & I'll give it a try. Don't like Leff. Heinekin I'm tired of. I'm willing to give another a shot, but only if I can find it here! :-)

Like light, not dark, beer.
Don't know what type of beer your local store carries.

But, If you like Stella, I suspect you would like IPA. (India Pale Ale) See what they have in your store.

Southern Tier Brewing Co in New York makes a good one.

IPA (India Pale Ale) | Southern Tier Brewing Company | Lakewood, NY | BeerAdvocate
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I'll check, but I've never noticed India Pale Ale. We do have a lot of Indians living around here, though.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Oscar Mate;1453116 wrote: Talking of them... I have an assortment of glasses at my abode. We don't drink a lot and even If we have Lagers In for friends, they prefer to drink from the tin. I'm quite the peasent and will happilly glug my Red wine from any glass but when It comes to my Bailey's Irish Creme, It must be drunk from the lead crystal cut glass, Mr O also Insists his Port Is served In cut glass.

A real baileys aficionado would use a half pint glass making sure the baileys was chilled in the fridge beforehand. putting Ice in it is so common.
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1453132 wrote: A real baileys aficionado would use a half pint glass making sure the baileys was chilled in the fridge beforehand. putting Ice in it is so common.

Funny, I do chill my Bailey's and never have Ice In It. Why water It down I say.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1453125 wrote: I'll check, but I've never noticed India Pale Ale. We do have a lot of Indians living around here, though.

India Pale Ale has little to do with Indians, actually.

Well, in a roundabout way, it does.

Back in the 18th and 19th Centuries the recipe became popular for beer shipped to India for the British colonials.

It started with more sugar, and developed a higher alcohol content during the voyage from England. It also had a very high hop content, became popular among the troops.

Rumor has it that the British also laced it with quinine to help fight Malaria, but alas , it seems there is little documentation to support that, these days.

I the recent micro-brew craze, IPAs have become popular, and almost every brewer offers an IPA.

I think mostly because it is a simple recipe and easy to make.
- DH Lawrence
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

rinks that reflect personality

Cocktails2Bartenders were asked if they could define a woman’s personality based on what she drinks.

Though interviewed separately, they concurred on almost all counts.

The results:

WOMEN’S DRINKS / WHO THEY ARE:

Drink: Beer

Personality: Casual, low-maintenance; down to earth.

Your Approach: Challenge her to a game of pool.

Drink: Blender Drinks

Personality: Flaky, whiny, annoying; a pain in the ass.

Your Approach: Avoid her, unless you want to be her cabana boy.

Drink: Mixed Drinks

Personality: Older, more refined, high maintenance has very picky taste; knows EXACTLY what she wants.

Your Approach: You won’t have to approach her. If she’s interested, she’ll send YOU a drink……

Drink: Wine (does not include White Zinfandel)

Personality: Conservative and classy; sophisticated yet giggles.

Your Approach: Tell her you love to travel and spend quiet evenings with friends.

Drink: White Zinfandel

Personality: Easy; thinks she is classy and sophisticated, actually, she has NO clue.

Your Approach: Make her feel smarter than she is……this should be an easy target.

Drink: Shots

Personality: Likes to hang with pals and looking to get totally drunk… and naked.

Your Approach: Easiest hit in the joint. You have been blessed.

Nothing to do but wait; but be careful not to make her mad!

Drink: Tequila

No explanations required – everyone just KNOWS what happens there.

==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==

MEN’S DRINKS / WHO THEY ARE:

The deal with guys is, as always, very simple and clear cut:

Domestic Beer: He’s poor and wants to get laid.

Imported Beer: He likes good beer and wants to get laid.

Wine: He is hoping that this will give him a sophisticated image to help him get laid.

Whiskey: He doesn’t give a damn about anything but getting laid.

Tequila: He is thinking he has a chance with the toothless waitress to get laid.

White Zinfandel: He’s gay.

:thinking: Looks like I have multiple personality disorder. :wah::wah:

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”