What are voters thinking of?

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
Clint

Post by Clint »

In the first debate John Kerry tipped his hand for all of us to see. He is in favor of dissolving our borders but he would defend them vigorously until they are gone. He wants a World Court that could convict our soldiers after they followed his orders to defend their country. He seems to think we would be better off if we didn’t develop superior weapons but we need to spend more defense. He thinks he can lead troops in a war he says is the wrong war at the wrong time and in the wrong place.

It is possible this guy could get elected. What is wrong when half the electorate doesn't take issue with his positions?
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
LottomagicZ4941

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

So when was the right time and who should we be fighting?

Lotto

http://www.flalottomagic.net/cgi-local/ ... elcome-344

MagicZ4941
Clint

Post by Clint »

LottomagicZ4941 wrote: So when was the right time and who should we be fighting?

Lotto

http://www.flalottomagic.net/cgi-local/ ... elcome-344

MagicZ4941
I think the connections between 9/11 and Iraq are becoming more and more evident. One of the clear connections is that Iraq’s head of state was paying the families of suicide bombers to encourage them. What were the men who flew the jets into the towers on 9/11 if not suicide bombers? But I would set all that aside and say there is more to our being in Iraq than retaliation for 9/11. I don’t think we are there to get even.

There are hundreds of thousands of Islamic extremists in that part of the world that are committed to seeing us dead. They want us dead because of our way of life for sure but more than that, they want us dead because we are not Muslim (Atheists, Pantheists and Agnostics included). Not all Muslims want to kill off all other beliefs or non beliefs. There are just so many of them in that part of the world that do, that they can no longer be ignored.

Iraq is strategically important. I think it’s a beachhead we must hold. It will be a strategic launching point to face down others who may try their hand against us. We have already seen some in that region become more reasonable (Libya) because of our presence there.

The extremists interpret Mohammad’s teachings to be that we are their greatest enemy but that they must deal with the nearest enemy first. In Iraq we are their nearest enemy and their greatest enemy. By following their theology they will be more likely to fight us in Iraq than here.

I can’t remember the Yale professor’s name who said that Iraq has become like flypaper, drawing in and capturing the terrorists. Look at what has happened. Iraq, The ancient Babylon and spawning ground for trouble in the world is once again a battleground. The murderers are going after their second worst enemy who is now also their closest enemy.

Those who want to murder us don’t care if we are kind to them or not. They don’t care if we give them gifts, feed their children or pave their streets. They simply want us dead or converted to their brand of Islam. They will either try to do murder our equipped and ready soldiers in Iraq or they will murder innocent people on the streets of home.

There are innocent Iraqi people caught in the middle. I ache when I think of them. Sadly there has never been a war when innocent people didn’t have to pay an unfair price. That’s not to say it is a good thing.

I don’t have any specific information to prove it but I think our leaders have reasoned that war, if for noble purposes, is to protect the people they are responsible for. There is no better way to do it than to do it on a battlefield that only puts those on our side who have volunteered to go into harms way.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”