All about Teresa

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
CVX

All about Teresa

Post by CVX »

Teresa Heinz Kerry made it through her unprecedented speech at the Democratic National Convention without losing control of her famous temper, losing her place in the well-rehearsed speech, or otherwise providing dramatic entertainment. But she was just plain weird.

Read more:

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles ... le_id=3707
illuminati

All about Teresa

Post by illuminati »

This is a great article. I watched Teresa's speech and found it troubling as well. The author of this article points out the things that bothered me:

Acknowledging the applause, and maybe the signs, her first words were, “Thank-you. Thank-you. I love you, too.” Nothing about how honored she is to be addressing the convention and the nation. Just an acknowledgement of the assumed love for HER.

I found tha above very strange. This was the DNC! It was not about her. I think she forgot where she was. :)

She finally did thank the crowd, and promised to tell us about her husband, the living one, But then, out of the blue, hands pressed together in front of her, she declared, “This is such a powerful moment for me.”

A slight audible brief buzz rose from the crowd. It was, after all, a stunning statement. Even this friendly crowd seemed shocked at the self-centeredness of the remark. She revealed to the world in that moment that the Presidential campaign, as far as she is concerned, is her toy, a fashion accessory, something for a woman who already has five houses, a Gulfstream V jet, and obsequious servants, business managers, and a Senator-husband dependent on her checkbook for the lifestyle he enjoys so much

I don't fault her for this. That was a powerful moment - for anyone standing up at that podium.

But it was really all about her. This is clearly a woman who thinks and feels that she is the one paying the bills, so she gets to call the shots. I can imagine that Sen. Kerry has had to put up with a lot of this, but has made his peace with it, considering the financial benefits.

Now this is getting downright creepy. Long before any mention of her current husband, she invokes the memory of her dead Republican first husband, Senator John Heinz

Yes, I agree with this. It was about her. She didn't start talking about John Kerry until the end of the speech. I found this strange.

Anyone else have comments on this?
anastrophe

All about Teresa

Post by anastrophe »

as a referree, throwing out the 'foul!' flag:

the reference to the tides foundation is a red herring, by all accounts.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/tides.asp

note however that while snopes is renowned as a debunking site, i've found a distinct tilt to the left on political issues, so it's best to take with some skepticism.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
xlt66

All about Teresa

Post by xlt66 »

anastrophe wrote: as a referree, throwing out the 'foul!' flag:

the reference to the tides foundation is a red herring, by all accounts.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/tides.asp

note however that while snopes is renowned as a debunking site, i've found a distinct tilt to the left on political issues, so it's best to take with some skepticism.

I agree with Illuminati. The issue is not with the Tides Foundation. Did you see her speech? I only was able to see sound bites after the fact.

I did see her previous speech and it was interesting. She walks and talks like she is on another planet.
anastrophe

All about Teresa

Post by anastrophe »

*one* of the issues is with the tides foundation, and on that basis, my comment.

she comes from the realm of the ultra-privileged, and the ultra-elite. that her husband, who also walks in those circles, presents himself as a champion of joe sixpack is, to put it mildly, ironic.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”